Posted by toddcommish on 12/11/2017 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 12/11/2017 6:59:00 PM (view original):
The arena was fit for a king is throwing me off.... Is this college only? Sacramento kings? King LBJ reference?
Meh, I think it means he played for the Lakers (shared the Forum with the LA Kings)
So Kobe Bryant is right!??!?!
12/11/2017 7:29 PM
Chauncey Billups!

Hello people, my name is RiddleFace, here is my riddle.
  • I am a former college basketball player. (Colorado)
  • My college number is divisible by 4, and hangs high in the rafters. (#4 in retired at Colorado)
  • I came from a pretty general high school. (George Washington High in Denver)
  • I once played for a team whose arena was fit for a king. (Palace of the Auburn Hills)
  • The current conference of my alma mater is not accurately represented in Hoops Dynasty. (Big 12)
Who am I?

The first person to guess correctly gets a Riddle Point
12/11/2017 7:32 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/11/2017 6:52:00 PM (view original):
I was thinking maybe Jerry West?
Benis, the more I think about it, this is actually an amazing guess.

It fits the clues pretty well:
1, Former college basketball player, duh
2. number divisible by 4, and retired. (Hint, there is more to this clue)
3. From East Bank High School, pretty general sounding school, (Hint, not what the clue means though)
4. As toddcommish just pointed out, played in the forum, which was shared with the LA Kings. Great observation.
5. WVU is in Big East on Hoops Dynasty and B12 now.

Seriously an amazing guess that technically fits all the clues! So technically you are correct!! Great job.

However, the true answer is still out there, as I alluded to in the hints above.
12/11/2017 7:35 PM
Posted by slayterhill on 12/11/2017 7:32:00 PM (view original):
Chauncey Billups!

Hello people, my name is RiddleFace, here is my riddle.
  • I am a former college basketball player. (Colorado)
  • My college number is divisible by 4, and hangs high in the rafters. (#4 in retired at Colorado)
  • I came from a pretty general high school. (George Washington High in Denver)
  • I once played for a team whose arena was fit for a king. (Palace of the Auburn Hills)
  • The current conference of my alma mater is not accurately represented in Hoops Dynasty. (Big 12)
Who am I?

The first person to guess correctly gets a Riddle Point
DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner!!!!!!

Slayterhill gets the Riddle Point!!! Congrats!

And he did it before the extra hints in the Jerry West post.

Great job!
12/11/2017 7:38 PM
Nice work Slayter. What tipped you off?

Really fun riddleface, nice work.
12/11/2017 7:51 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 12/11/2017 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 12/11/2017 6:59:00 PM (view original):
The arena was fit for a king is throwing me off.... Is this college only? Sacramento kings? King LBJ reference?
Meh, I think it means he played for the Lakers (shared the Forum with the LA Kings)
Good example. I was just pointing out that it opens a lot of doors written that way
12/11/2017 8:23 PM
  • I am a former college basketball player.
  • My college number is divisible by 4, and hangs high in the rafters.
  • I came from a commodore's high school.
  • I once played for a team whose arena was fit for a king.
  • The current conference of my alma mater is not accurately represented in Hoops Dynasty.
almost the same clues, but a different player - bonus hint - played in NBA for 13 different teams
12/11/2017 8:50 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/11/2017 7:51:00 PM (view original):
Nice work Slayter. What tipped you off?

Really fun riddleface, nice work.
Agreed riddleface. That was a fun one.

The Palace of Auburn Hills came to mind pretty quick and got me on the track of former Pistons players. I knew Billups went to Colorado but admittedly didn’t remember he was number 4.
12/11/2017 8:56 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 12/11/2017 8:51:00 PM (view original):
  • I am a former college basketball player.
  • My college number is divisible by 4, and hangs high in the rafters.
  • I came from a commodore's high school.
  • I once played for a team whose arena was fit for a king.
  • The current conference of my alma mater is not accurately represented in Hoops Dynasty.
almost the same clues, but a different player - bonus hint - played in NBA for 13 different teams
Joe Smith
12/11/2017 8:59 PM
I was gonna go with Ben Gordon.
  • I am a former college basketball player. Yep
  • My college number is divisible by 4, and hangs high in the rafters. Wore #4, but when he got to the Bulls had to wear #7 because #4 was retired...this would've been very tricky
  • I came from a pretty general high school. Mount Vernon...there are like 24 Mount Vernon's in the US
  • I once played for a team whose arena was fit for a king. Palace at Auburn Hillls
  • The current conference of my alma mater is not accurately represented in Hoops Dynasty. Big East/AAC for UCONN
12/11/2017 9:03 PM
Thanks for playing guys, that was fun. Check back tomorrow for riddle #2 and another chance to snag a Riddle Point!

Congrats again to Slayterhill on the victory!
12/11/2017 9:05 PM
Posted by tkimble on 12/11/2017 9:03:00 PM (view original):
  • My college number is divisible by 4, and hangs high in the rafters. Wore #4, but when he got to the Bulls had to wear #7 because #4 was retired...this would've been very tricky
  • I came from a pretty general high school. Mount Vernon...there are like 24 Mount Vernon's in the US
  • I once played for a team whose arena was fit for a king. Palace at Auburn Hillls
  • The current conference of my alma mater is not accurately represented in Hoops Dynasty. Big East/AAC for UCONN
Also #4 for UCONN is a retired number...for the women's team. Still fits!
12/11/2017 9:06 PM
Who is riddleface? is that the final riddle?
12/11/2017 9:08 PM
Posted by tkimble on 12/11/2017 9:03:00 PM (view original):
Nice that's another good guess. Except his number isn't retired at Uconn. His NBA number 7 wouldn't be a problem though cause its only talking about college. Good guess for sure.
12/11/2017 9:11 PM
Which is worth more - a Riddlepoint or a Schrutebuck?
12/11/2017 9:30 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.