This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I have no skin in that game, but please tell me you don't honestly think a player would take payment from another team to intentionally miss a tackle in the off chance it came down to a possible game winning play? This kind of conspiracy nonsense is just that, nonsense. People screw up and miss tackles--it sucks if your guy misses it and its great if your team benefits from it. That same guy had a big interception earlier in the game, would he have tried for the INT if he was being paid off by the Vikings? This one passes the sniff test easily. Did you lose a lot of money on the game or something?
1/15/2018 12:57 PM
Like my old (may he rest in peace) High School Coach says, wrap the man up, just don't try to put body on body! His technique sucked, but he did not throw the game!
1/15/2018 1:01 PM
He was early not late. He had already swung and missed when the reception was made.

As for where he was, it was a modified prevent D. His job was to not let anyone behind him.

It was a terrible play but I think he's 21.
1/15/2018 1:02 PM
I lost some money on the game, but I didn't see anything "off" about the play. It was just a really, really bad play. Rookie got excited to end the game. He missed the tackle by trying too hard to cut off the sideline and ensure the receiver stayed in the field of play and the clock kept running. It was the right idea, just too aggressive and very poor execution.
1/15/2018 1:03 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/15/2018 1:02:00 PM (view original):
He was early not late. He had already swung and missed when the reception was made.

As for where he was, it was a modified prevent D. His job was to not let anyone behind him.

It was a terrible play but I think he's 21.
Yeah, I heard he's a rookie.
1/15/2018 1:07 PM
I thought he may have thought he could be aggressive with his tacking technique because Manti Te'o's girlfriend was supposed to be backing up deep.
1/15/2018 1:15 PM
Well, still felt really strange. I feel
bad for the Saints. You can already pencil the Eagles in the SB... They won't catch any break next week. Rookie... He has been playing football all his life.
1/15/2018 1:27 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/15/2018 1:27:00 PM (view original):
Well, still felt really strange. I feel
bad for the Saints. You can already pencil the Eagles in the SB... They won't catch any break next week. Rookie... He has been playing football all his life.
Not on that stage, with that pressure.
1/15/2018 1:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, how old are you, Zorzii?
1/15/2018 1:47 PM
Plus, DB's have to be so careful in that situation in today's NFL. If he accidentally goes to high, he gets a personal foul and they move into FG range. Happened to the Bengals vs. Steelers last year. That has to be in a DB's mind at that point in the game. Just a bad, overly cautious play by a rookie in a big moment.
1/15/2018 1:51 PM
Engaged the hit stick too early. Rookie mistake.
1/15/2018 1:58 PM
Check all angles, Williams is tackling in an empty space, he went to the left of Diggs and tackled. Not even close to the wide receiver. Even Diggs is all alone and can't believe it after that athletic high leap.
1/15/2018 2:05 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/15/2018 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Check all angles, Williams is tackling in an empty space, he went to the left of Diggs and tackled. Not even close to the wide receiver. Even Diggs is all alone and can't believe it after that athletic high leap.
He went left (toward the sideline) to prevent Diggs from getting out of bounds, stopping the clock, and letting the Vikings set up for a 47-yard FG for the win. Had Williams succeeded, Diggs would have been tackled in bounds and the clock would've run out.
1/15/2018 2:11 PM
Posted by pallas on 1/15/2018 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 1/15/2018 2:05:00 PM (view original):
He went left (toward the sideline) to prevent Diggs from getting out of bounds, stopping the clock, and letting the Vikings set up for a 47-yard FG for the win. Had Williams succeeded, Diggs would have been tackled in bounds and the clock would've run out.
That'd be prolly the explication of that botched play. He overthought what he needed to do and anticipated Diggs would go his way. Yet, Diggs is in the air and he already had missed.
1/15/2018 2:13 PM
1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.