After 15-ish real life years (my first seasons were Naismith 13 and Wooden 13 pretty much simultaneously), I am ready to hang the virtual whistle up. It's got nothing to do with the game, or changes, or anything but my own boredom/burnout. I never adjusted well to two recruiting sessions, though I think it is an interesting wrinkle and I did OK... I just realized I'm never going to put in the time or effort to get good at it, and that's probably enough. Maybe I'll be back in a year or two, but I doubt it.

I only really posted to say thanks to all the people in the forums and in my conferences and divisions who have been helpful and made the game more fun. The community here is always what has kept me in it. I'm not even going to try to name names, because not only are many of them long-retired, I would also inevitably leave out someone who meant something to me and/or this game.

From the times of Wooden and Naismith having multiple non-conference tourneys, dynasty lists (thanks, alblack, for the original formula), and being super-active, I've always had a lot of very positive interactions with my WIS friends. I've been sad over time to see a lot of the old-timers leave, but frankly, that mostly happened long ago, and only a few true oldtimers are left. There are plenty of newbies (and not-so-newbies) here who have picked up the slack.

Good luck to you all.

Josh
11/12/2021 12:13 PM
Also, my KU team is in pretty good shape (finally switched to Man D this past CT), and will have 4-5 openings for you to shape it your way. I've signed one very good player, and there's a decent pool still available in 2nd recruiting. Best of luck to whoever nabs it.
11/12/2021 12:17 PM
Sorry to see you go, Josh!! Best of luck, my man.
Paul
11/12/2021 3:31 PM
I think Kansas has opened up in every world only like the past 5 to 10 seasons. Not sure if it's a gift or a curse! I picked them up in Wooden.

Never crossed paths much with you wrono. But it's never a good thing to lose the vets! Well written departure message. And best of luck to you going forward
11/12/2021 9:16 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.