D2 season 64 Topic

Recruiting is ongoing, but signings have started. How does everyone feel about their classes? I'm pleased with what we got at St Mary's.
4/16/2013 9:50 AM
Everything's cooking at Bellarmine. With 4 frosh, we'll take a step back this season but I like the outlook for the future
4/16/2013 12:19 PM
You kicked major butt in recruiting mduncanhogs.

I may have landed an eventual 800+ rating C at Harding. We'll see.

This is 23rd season of Yarnell Invitational. Check out some history: bit.ly/13hAfM7

4/16/2013 1:14 PM
We will be solid this season at Longwood. I think we're NT bound, but maybe a season or two from a final four run. I love our D, and am not sure where we will be getting our scoring from. 
4/16/2013 1:19 PM
St. Mary's should make the NT if we get to 14 wins (especially since we are playing in the Yarnell and we are in the always strong Heartland conference), but getting to 14 wins may not be easy.  We lost a lot after last season.  Coombs and Lazar were great outside shooters and we don't have much there now.  SF Lonnie Cook will have to carry this team on his back for us to do any damage this season.  We should be an above average team on defense that will struggle at times to score, but the future looks bright after the class we signed.
4/16/2013 3:28 PM
I like the class that we brought in at U of the Sciences.  Lost my top target to a D1 school, and he was going to be a stud pg, but all in all a strong class.  We should do well this year, non conference might be a struggle, but we'll pull it together for conference play.
4/16/2013 3:33 PM
My recruiting has fallen off a bit thanks to school, but I'll be on summer break by the next recruiting cycle. If Adam Johnson's DEF is high-high like I'm hoping it is, he will be a star player for me by his junior year.
4/16/2013 6:27 PM
Watch out for Belmont Abbey this season. They could be great. 
4/16/2013 7:01 PM
cautiously optimistic that we should be able to win some games.  because of recruiting ineligibles, transfers,etc we are going to be set up for a mini-superclass situation in a few years with 5 sr and 5 fr on the roster next season.  not really a fan of that but we'll ride it out and see what happens
4/16/2013 9:11 PM
Our class is done and we were able to bring in several key pieces to reload with. The guards Daniels and Millsaps should only get faster, although Daniels does has a 14 work ethic which I was very worried about but I liked his potentials too much to pass up. At sf I was planning on going with Navarette but he will be playing at Pfeiffer so I went up to NY to grab Russell Rappaport a guy who will be very athletic and be able to really take care of the ball on the wing. The bigs we went to with Willis and Little. 2 very different players, Little will be the guy snatching all the boards and playing tough defense using his athleticism and Willis should evolve into a great scorer from inside our out. How you guys feeling?
4/16/2013 10:06 PM
Two PGs at Incarnate Word.  Morris is a project that profiles as more of a combo guard (he can shoot & handle, but not fast), that had too many Highs to pass up.  Burke was a dropdown, probably more of a true PG, with at least 4 high-highs in the right spots.  I don't feel great about my two-man class, but I'm hopeful IW can be a player this season and give CSU Chico a run for their money. 
4/17/2013 9:13 AM
I think at northeastern st. it will be another good season.  I have lost some good talent from my elite eight team last year but I do return four starters.   Our tournament run this year again will depend on the bench and how quickly they improve.  My recruits are pretty solid.  Another juco this year and at this point they seem to be working out.  Jucos can sometimes make up for mistakes made in earlier classes or battles lost.  At this point though lets get this season started.  Good luck everyone.

4/17/2013 9:38 PM
After suffering through my first sub 500 year ever.  I'm hoping to get into the PIT this year.  Signed some decent recruits although none of the 4 knew my Offense or defense.  Continue my rebuild another year or 2 before I'm back to a NT team.
4/18/2013 12:25 PM
St. Mary's is surprisingly ranked 12th 3 games in.  Our strength is clearly our defense and athleticism (to a lesser degree), but I don't think we are 12th.  I guess we will learn a bit more once the Yarnell kicks off in 2 days.
4/22/2013 4:13 PM
St. Mary's is excellent. 

What this season is proving is that, while Longwood might be one of the best defensive teams in DII, we can't reasonably find any consistent scoring, which means that we'll be in every game, but won't be beating many of the best teams. We're still young (with only 2 Srs. and 2 Jrs.) and our sophmore class will be getting much, much better - so I like our team to be very strong again in the future (or hopefully by the end of this season)

And like I said  before, Belmont Abbey is extremely good this season..

4/26/2013 12:59 PM
1234 Next ▸
D2 season 64 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.