To add: I did admit that even though I personally believe he's the best, I totally get arguments for others. I have some bias. However, you must be blind to not include him in the discussion.
1/27/2016 4:14 PM
Posted by caesari on 1/27/2016 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by SNIX on 1/27/2016 6:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 1/26/2016 11:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/26/2016 9:31:00 PM (view original):
Saban, no way. He doesn't even come close to some other coaches in total wins. I'd say Paterno, Bowden, or Eddie Robinson.
I believe Saban is the greatest coach of all time, period. I certainly get the arguments for other coaches, but to act like Saban isn't in the same class as these other names is ludicrous. 
he is 8-8 in bowl games, below .500 in the NFL and .585 winning percentage at Michigan State. A great run the last 7 years but the best of all time LOL!
How the hell does the NFL record matter at all? 

He's second in history in Championships, but first in undisputed championships. He's coaching in the toughest era of college football and dominating not just the game but recruiting as well. As CJ said, winning percentage hardly tells the whole story. 

Sounds like you have sour grapes, which is fine. You do you.

EDIT: Gators beat me to it, much more eloquently I might add.
Oh gee whiz was not trying to get anyone upset, you just said Saban  was the best coach of all time.  Apparently unless I agree with some people around here maybe I should stay off the boards.
1/28/2016 7:47 AM
Posted by bhazlewood on 1/27/2016 10:37:00 AM (view original):

Not saying Paterno doesn't "deserve" it, but the potential PR backlash is such that Fox/WIS would never do it.

Eddie Robinson & Bobby Bowden follow Paterno on the all-time wins list (at D1).  

All time wins leader in college football, at all levels, is a guy named John Gagliardi, who won 489 games at Carrol and St Johns.  

Someone floated an idea in the forums a while back that there be only one D3 world for the newcomers, with everyone graduating from there to D2 in the world of their choosing. I would be in favor of naming that D3 world Gagliardi World.
1/28/2016 8:29 AM
Posted by tribewriter on 1/28/2016 8:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bhazlewood on 1/27/2016 10:37:00 AM (view original):

Not saying Paterno doesn't "deserve" it, but the potential PR backlash is such that Fox/WIS would never do it.

Eddie Robinson & Bobby Bowden follow Paterno on the all-time wins list (at D1).  

All time wins leader in college football, at all levels, is a guy named John Gagliardi, who won 489 games at Carrol and St Johns.  

Someone floated an idea in the forums a while back that there be only one D3 world for the newcomers, with everyone graduating from there to D2 in the world of their choosing. I would be in favor of naming that D3 world Gagliardi World.
I was hoping for "Hypnotoad World" but your idea is a sound one.
1/28/2016 9:08 AM
Posted by SNIX on 1/28/2016 7:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 1/27/2016 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by SNIX on 1/27/2016 6:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 1/26/2016 11:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/26/2016 9:31:00 PM (view original):
Saban, no way. He doesn't even come close to some other coaches in total wins. I'd say Paterno, Bowden, or Eddie Robinson.
I believe Saban is the greatest coach of all time, period. I certainly get the arguments for other coaches, but to act like Saban isn't in the same class as these other names is ludicrous. 
he is 8-8 in bowl games, below .500 in the NFL and .585 winning percentage at Michigan State. A great run the last 7 years but the best of all time LOL!
How the hell does the NFL record matter at all? 

He's second in history in Championships, but first in undisputed championships. He's coaching in the toughest era of college football and dominating not just the game but recruiting as well. As CJ said, winning percentage hardly tells the whole story. 

Sounds like you have sour grapes, which is fine. You do you.

EDIT: Gators beat me to it, much more eloquently I might add.
Oh gee whiz was not trying to get anyone upset, you just said Saban  was the best coach of all time.  Apparently unless I agree with some people around here maybe I should stay off the boards.
I said I PERSONALLY believe that he's the best coach of all time, and qualified that by saying it certainly is disputable. You presented a case against him, and I responded in kind. 

Are you the only one around here allowed to disagree with someone? I missed that memo. 

Also, maybe a lesson in implicit and explicit language would help you, as your original post doesn't exactly come off as amiable. Perhaps that is why my response was a little cutting.
1/28/2016 4:09 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Uh oh - here it comes Caesari v Pyt:)
1/31/2016 12:38 AM
Sorry to disappoint, chetty, but I don't plan on getting in a ******* match with that troll.
1/31/2016 1:05 PM
There are a lot of coaches who could have the argument made that they deserve a world.
Bo Schembechler, Nick Saban, Eddie Robinson, Joe Paterno, Bobby Bowden, Fritz Crisler, Larry Kehres, Bobby Dodd, John Gagliardi, Tom Osborne, Lavell Edwards, Don James, Bill Snyder & etc.

Now with that being said.... unless those new worlds are going to offer something new in addition to being a brand new world then there would be little point in opening one.

1/31/2016 8:09 PM
Posted by caesari on 1/31/2016 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Sorry to disappoint, chetty, but I don't plan on getting in a ******* match with that troll.
Good for you Caesari! I'm sure that's what he's looking for.
1/31/2016 11:19 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.