This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
just tell them you have 1 conference championship on the resume. should carry some weight imo
9/14/2022 8:43 PM
New username bro, have like 10+ and a natty. Nice try tho.
9/14/2022 9:59 PM
dang, you got a natty? ballin out of control by jermaine dupri recommended walk up song
9/14/2022 11:40 PM
He’s a damn lie, ebel. He’s got one natty under his belt in all of GD with another user name.
9/15/2022 12:30 AM
I haven’t played GD as much seasons as y’all have. Probably less than 25 seasons, thanks. Accept my invite for once, and stop ruining my legit post.
9/15/2022 1:49 AM
I know you are not talking about Temple. We will gladly accept and come out to Arizona St every season to play.
I will gladly accept your challenges
9/15/2022 5:15 PM
I already play you since you have 2 teams in on division (pitiful). I’m talking to south Florida (Ebel). Focus on yourself little boy.
9/15/2022 6:13 PM
Forget firing logic.
Just make elites cost more. If an elite has a 20% advantage in recruiting then make the cost of the team 20% more.
9/15/2022 7:07 PM
"The recruiting advantage between Elite, non-Elite BCS and BCS is a subject of considerable debate. I’ve seen the number as high as 30% (all other factors being equal) and I’ve seen it as low as 5-10%. It really depends on who you talk to. As always, my personal opinion is that it lies somewhere generally in the middle of these extremes."

https://wilkinsonmediaguides.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/have-a-plan-pt-v-recruiting/

EDIT: I was replying to a post that has since been deleted.

9/16/2022 7:27 AM (edited)
my bad, i deleted that post. i didn't want to get into another elite advantage advantage discussion lol. i've been making the same points for years but not only does elite boogeyman persist, he seems stronger than ever!

imo, the elite advantage is way overblown and i think it's bad for the game when players think they can't win or are at some huge disadvantage by not having one of the elite schools. (and this is probably the best reason to get rid of the elites)

if anyone is turned off by the idea that you can't win with your favorite school, don't believe the hype. you can win at any school with any formation.

9/16/2022 2:11 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 9/16/2022 2:11:00 PM (view original):
my bad, i deleted that post. i didn't want to get into another elite advantage advantage discussion lol. i've been making the same points for years but not only does elite boogeyman persist, he seems stronger than ever!

imo, the elite advantage is way overblown and i think it's bad for the game when players think they can't win or are at some huge disadvantage by not having one of the elite schools. (and this is probably the best reason to get rid of the elites)

if anyone is turned off by the idea that you can't win with your favorite school, don't believe the hype. you can win at any school with any formation.

Whatever the elite advantage is it becomes more because of so many believing they cannot beat them in recruiting. If more coaches would challenge elites for recruits, then they would all have better results. Instead, most coaches choose to allow elites the first shot at who they want and then battle with other surrounding coaches for what's left over. Then the few coaches that are willing to battle an elite will lose more often than not because elites face less battles and save more money.
9/16/2022 8:21 PM
Posted by herculoids on 9/16/2022 8:21:00 PM (view original):

Whatever the elite advantage is it becomes more because of so many believing they cannot beat them in recruiting. If more coaches would challenge elites for recruits, then they would all have better results. Instead, most coaches choose to allow elites the first shot at who they want and then battle with other surrounding coaches for what's left over. Then the few coaches that are willing to battle an elite will lose more often than not because elites face less battles and save more money.
This. In Stagg I was at Tennessee for many seasons, and I planned on staying there until I was done with GD. But then I decided to move over to Vandy. I can still hold my own against Tennessee, in both games and recruiting. It all depends on how good and experienced you are in recruiting and game planning, and who is coaching the elite. Not saying I'm one of the best in either recruiting or game planning, or the coach at Tennessee is bad (he's not). But I've beaten two elites in the Fiesta Bowl with my Hawaii teams. So it can be done. Just know that in recruiting, you need to pick your spots to try to battle them.
9/16/2022 8:57 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 9/16/2022 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by herculoids on 9/16/2022 8:21:00 PM (view original):

This. In Stagg I was at Tennessee for many seasons, and I planned on staying there until I was done with GD. But then I decided to move over to Vandy. I can still hold my own against Tennessee, in both games and recruiting. It all depends on how good and experienced you are in recruiting and game planning, and who is coaching the elite. Not saying I'm one of the best in either recruiting or game planning, or the coach at Tennessee is bad (he's not). But I've beaten two elites in the Fiesta Bowl with my Hawaii teams. So it can be done. Just know that in recruiting, you need to pick your spots to try to battle them.
The issue is you can't be the only school battling elites. If you're not in a world or conference where you have a lot of other non elite coaches, being willing to battle, might has well clean up elite leftovers. That alone will get you a top 10 class.
9/17/2022 11:12 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.