Wilkinson Hall of Fame - 1st Class Nominations Topic

Posted by cjsweat on 2/17/2017 8:50:00 AM (view original):
Before people hit "send", it would be worth asking themselves, "is this worth complaining about?"

The game is for fun. The HOF idea is a great one. If you are honestly that upset, you have had every opportunity to start your own HOF and failed to do so. Don't get upset because someone nominated coaches you have personal beef with.

Sometimes it amazes me that content providers are feeding you steaks, and you're complaining about what marinade was used. If you disagree with the content, get involved.
The beautiful thing about having 8 coaches that form the committee is that you get different points of view. Guys, this isn't "group-think". Some guys on the committee do hold opinions about whether to include D2 or D3 coaches. Personally, I don't want to dictate who we consider, and who we don't. We let the each coach use their criteria, and we sum up the nominations.

Just like in CoY, there are going to be surprises and maybe a raised eyebrow or two. People are going to disagree. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And it's OK to lash out a bit at the committee. We can take it. We're imperfect beings, but we're a collection of coaches who love this game and I think we usually get it right. However, what's wrong is when a innocent coach gets personally attacked, who had nothing to do with this, other than post a crap ton of NC's and a winning percentage above 92%.

I'm all for healthy debate when it's respectful of others. Without it, this game and life would be pretty boring. But, as DaGoat, CJ and others have said, we're all on edge and we need to lighten up a bit (present company included). It's just a computer football game. Count your blessings, and thank God that He's given you another day. Enjoy life!
2/17/2017 11:35 AM
I don't give a damn what world you're in or what division between 2 and 1A. Gators has an impressive resume and I know I've been playing for three years and haven't even cracked the ice at building a Dynasty like St. Joe's. He has a ridiculously successful resume in a division with the EXACT SAME settings as the Divisions above in the MOST POPULATED World. cfbfan UMADBRO? Take a chill pill, relax and just enjoy the game. There will be other HoF votings. I don't agree with Div 2 exclusion. I think that's crap. Plenty of great coaches at D2. If it's got the same settings and you have an impressive resume you can be voted for.
2/17/2017 12:09 PM
No I'm not mad...bro!! I just think there is not that much competition in D2 and the only reason people play D2 is because the have to pass through to get to 1A or 1AA. If wis would let you, people would signup and play straight in D1 or D1AA and nobody would play in D2 or D3. People already complain because they have to spend a season in D3 so wis made if to where you can be an F F coach and move straight to D2. Nobody wants to play those levels anymore, especially in Wilkinson.
2/17/2017 1:33 PM
Chill TFO man, that's your opinion.....vote and move on. You don't have to put someone or their accomplishments down to prove your point. Everyone that has been nominated are great coaches in Wilk and their resumes speak for themselves and that can't be disputed. If the fellow coaches think D-2 or D-3 coach's resumes don't stack up when they're nominated then they should keep it to themselves and just vote that way. All this forum crying and belittling over a nomination for a made up HOF in a simulated college football GAME is silly.
2/17/2017 2:45 PM

Good Approach :

"I don't think coaches at D2 should be considered for the HOF. The level of competition isn't there, especially given how many Sim AI teams there are at that level."

Bad Approach :
You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour **** out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Hydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know.

YOU PLAY AT D2 !!!!!!!!
2/17/2017 2:53 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 2/17/2017 1:33:00 PM (view original):
No I'm not mad...bro!! I just think there is not that much competition in D2 and the only reason people play D2 is because the have to pass through to get to 1A or 1AA. If wis would let you, people would signup and play straight in D1 or D1AA and nobody would play in D2 or D3. People already complain because they have to spend a season in D3 so wis made if to where you can be an F F coach and move straight to D2. Nobody wants to play those levels anymore, especially in Wilkinson.
And yet people ARE playing at those levels, even in Wilkinson.

It's OK to think that accomplishments at D2 don't mean as much as those at higher levels. I actually agree with this. But it's not up to you or anyone else to dictate how someone else should get enjoyment out of this game.
2/17/2017 2:56 PM
Nothing wrong with staying at D2. I prefer the recruiting and playoffs in D2 so I stay there. It takes a different skill set to be successful in D2. Just because I'm in D2 doesn't mean I couldn't be successful in D1.
2/17/2017 3:03 PM (edited)
Exactly. And just because I suck at D1A (and D1AA and D2 and D3) doesn't mean.... uh, I forgot what it doesn't mean. Never mind.
2/17/2017 3:07 PM
I enjoy the heck out of coaching at D2. I choose to stay at D2 to build a consistent winning program. Maybe after a a few more seasons I might want to move up, but I don't feel I have accomplished my goals yet. To some it is only a necessary stepping stone, but to others it is where we choose to be. Gotta drink another beer.
2/17/2017 3:18 PM
What does this thread brings other than controversy and hassle?

Call it the Wilkinson Div. I HoF or chose a HoF for every level. So you only compare what a coach has done on a certain level to other coaches on the same level.
2/17/2017 3:24 PM
Always nice to see when JeffKahleb gets reincarnated.
2/17/2017 3:52 PM
I have not read all of this..but it hits a nerve. I"ve spent a lot of time at D3 with one NC (until they blew it up), primarily because I wanted to stay forever at my first coaching gig. Ive now spent a lot of time at D2, because I find the most enjoyment there. I have no NC at D2. I have a pretty good record at D1AA, including back to back NC. I have been to D1A and I don't care for it. I don't like the entire setup of D1A. I've co-coached under a few other IDs at D3, D2, and D1A.

Now...with all that said (BTW, I'm mentioning all the above simply for the setup here), I am in favor of gators being nominated. I absolutely believe that the challenge at D1A is much more than at D2. Absolutely. However, I have played against Coach Gators. I coached in the same division and, even though I'm not the best coach to hit GD, I like to think I'm a pretty tough customer. I spent 12 or 13 seasons fighting him and never got close to beating him, NOT CLOSE, even with a couple of top 10 teams that made deep playoff runs. He was the wall I could not get over.

My point: He is one of of the toughest (if not the toughest) coaches I've ever played against. So, after giving great thought to it...and trying to decide if D1A trumps D2....I ended up voting for gators. There are many others who are deserving, but they are not on the ballot. I'm sure they will be in the future, and I'll vote for whom I think is the most deserving then as well. Even a D3 coach like champ83....

So, think BIG PICTURE and LONG TERM. Otherwise we simply kill the fun that these energized folks are bringing to our world.
2/17/2017 7:14 PM
It is a good thing to see coaches shitting on each other again. Just like the old days.
2/18/2017 12:58 AM
Just my two cents, but a good coach is a good coach regardless what level ur competing at.
2/18/2017 9:27 AM

Just my two cents, but a good coach is a good coach regardless what level ur competing at.

+1

nitros

2/18/2017 10:00 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Wilkinson Hall of Fame - 1st Class Nominations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.