Wilkinson Hall of Fame - 1st Class Nominations Topic

Posted by starfinder77 on 2/18/2017 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Just my two cents, but a good coach is a good coach regardless what level ur competing at.
+2
2/18/2017 11:56 AM
Okay I looked and I would like to make a public apology to gators06 for saying he isn't deserving to be in the running since he was in D2. There are 55 coaches in D2 and 57 in D1AA so if he isn't deserving then 1AA shouldn't be deserving either. I would like to apologize, gators06. However, I still don't think tkechub should be in the list because in the past 30 seasons he has not won one NC and has only won six conference championships. Penn St is the elite everybody rushes to get when a new world starts and he hasn't done a thing with them in the last 30 seasons!!
2/18/2017 1:09 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 2/18/2017 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Okay I looked and I would like to make a public apology to gators06 for saying he isn't deserving to be in the running since he was in D2. There are 55 coaches in D2 and 57 in D1AA so if he isn't deserving then 1AA shouldn't be deserving either. I would like to apologize, gators06. However, I still don't think tkechub should be in the list because in the past 30 seasons he has not won one NC and has only won six conference championships. Penn St is the elite everybody rushes to get when a new world starts and he hasn't done a thing with them in the last 30 seasons!!
Gents, time is running out on the voting. So far, we've had awesome participation!

Lots of passion on this topic, so make sure your vote is being heard.

Deadline is Sunday at Midnight!
2/18/2017 1:21 PM
Ddingo would be rolling over in his grave if any program but ND wasn't the ideal. Stop taking shots at me and focus on keeping your team in the top 25. I got my HOF validation years ago by Viszla, obtuse, and others. Am I pulling a Joe Paterno and paying less attention as my tenure has gone on than when I had four peated? Obviously. Is it time to give someone else a shot at the Nittany Lions? Probably. Meanwhile, try to boost your own credentials by at least getting over .500 against me and help the conference out because it's a shame that not only has the conference consistently dropped out of the top two since EZ left (HOF coach in my book) but an undefeated team can't even garner a NC bid.
2/18/2017 4:32 PM
Posted by tkechub on 2/18/2017 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Ddingo would be rolling over in his grave if any program but ND wasn't the ideal. Stop taking shots at me and focus on keeping your team in the top 25. I got my HOF validation years ago by Viszla, obtuse, and others. Am I pulling a Joe Paterno and paying less attention as my tenure has gone on than when I had four peated? Obviously. Is it time to give someone else a shot at the Nittany Lions? Probably. Meanwhile, try to boost your own credentials by at least getting over .500 against me and help the conference out because it's a shame that not only has the conference consistently dropped out of the top two since EZ left (HOF coach in my book) but an undefeated team can't even garner a NC bid.
Not my fault you schedule 3-4 sims in OOC and that's the only reason you have a winning record. Everybody knows that PennSt is the place to be and when you leave and I get them, if I don't at least make five NCs in my first ten seasons I will quit. Only reason ND has gone down is since CJ and op took over Ohio st they don't battle Michigan for recruits in the state of Ohio which leaves Michigan more money to com into Indiana and Illinois to battle me for recruits. I stated I think the bomber account and the norton is account is ran by op or CJ and after I brought that up op messaged me and said they were going to drop Ohio st after this season because he doesn't want his name brought into the same thing tigerpark is doing. Sounds suspicious to me.
2/18/2017 5:57 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 2/18/2017 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Accepted. Thank you. Apologies right back at you. Good luck to you and everyone else this season. Let's keep Wilkinson growing and competitive. Guys like BHazlewood, CJ, GT, Jabbering Jag, Husker and the other dudes that add content to make this game more interesting are the ones that deserve attention and accolades. Thanks to all you guys for doing the extra work, if not this game might become pretty monotonous.
2/18/2017 7:55 PM (edited)
I enjoy everything you guys do to make this game great. Thank you so much!

I do have a question, I was listening to the CJ Sweat show and I do not understand why D2 seems to be kinda shunned? I was looking at the populations for different worlds and some D-IAA levels have less than 20 humans. Is it more that you're hoping we can all move up or is there a lack of skilled competition in the lower divisions?

Thanks for the hard work you guys put into this game, it's much appreciated.
2/19/2017 3:35 PM
It's just a lot of work to cover all three of the levels effectively. Truedevil and twitter touch on some DII stuff so it isn't completely shunned. We could also use another writer on the website to consistently put up content for DII if someone is interested.
2/19/2017 3:40 PM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 2/18/2017 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Not my fault you schedule 3-4 sims in OOC and that's the only reason you have a winning record. Everybody knows that PennSt is the place to be and when you leave and I get them, if I don't at least make five NCs in my first ten seasons I will quit. Only reason ND has gone down is since CJ and op took over Ohio st they don't battle Michigan for recruits in the state of Ohio which leaves Michigan more money to com into Indiana and Illinois to battle me for recruits. I stated I think the bomber account and the norton is account is ran by op or CJ and after I brought that up op messaged me and said they were going to drop Ohio st after this season because he doesn't want his name brought into the same thing tigerpark is doing. Sounds suspicious to me.
Nortonis is not an account I run or have ever been associated with. You're taking things too far, so I'd watch out with the accusations. We had decided to drop Ohio State before the season began and I've been forthcoming with that in the chats on various shows.

Interesting that you're now trying to drag my name through the mud. What're you trying to deflect attention from?
2/19/2017 3:45 PM (edited)
Dude CFBfan. I enjoy interacting with you but them leaving Ohio St. has nothing to do with Mich. They emailed and site mailed a group of us saying they were dropping it due to the proximity of their D1AA teams... please don't just throw around accusations you have zero proof for. This goes back to my no witch hunting post. Your beater then this. Take a deep breath and let it be. Keep winning games and let people win or not win at elites.
2/19/2017 4:12 PM
This thread has turned into the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in my time as a user on WIS. Basically someone gets caught for cheating and is rightly ostracized by the masses. Now someone else thinks that gives them the warrant to be a crybaby on a thread where some coaches have provided us with cool comment to help us have more fun. Please realize that these coaches are spending their time to allow us to have more fun. It's one thing to disagree and I'm all for that. But spitting in the face of people that are using their time to improve our experience is just childish and shows your entitled attitude. Then dragging two of the classiest coaches in GD (op and cj) into it to try to win an argument takes it to new heights. Some people just need to grow up.
2/19/2017 5:01 PM
Where are we at on this?
2/23/2017 9:05 AM
Final tallies are in. HoF inductions to be announced on CJ or Truedevil's next show. Still working out the details.
2/23/2017 3:32 PM
I'm just upset that my stellar 9-4 D-1A record didn't get me nominated for HoF. And the fact that I was in the NC game in my very first season of Wilkinson... even though I lost and I was there completely based on someone else's players. Never mind all that.

2/23/2017 5:27 PM
You should post the results here. Not everyone listens to the shows.
2/28/2017 9:26 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Wilkinson Hall of Fame - 1st Class Nominations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.