The Championship Topic

Congrats Nortonis on your NC.
You had some very impressive non conference wins to get you there and it looks like you were rewarded with a double helping of cfbfan to bring the championship home.  I definitely took away two solid changes you made that I will take with me should I ever decide to play again.
Thank you for the insight, sometimes you have to get further than an arms length away to see them.

It was great to see cfbfan still self congratulating himself even as others win championships around him. I just hope he doesn't pull a George Michael and get caught in the middle of all his self congratulating. For all of those that voted for him for Hall of Fame, are you really going to put in a coach that less than five seasons ago was so terrible that he drove his elite team to an In Jeopardy job status? Well at least it looks like he decided to schedule some elites next season but not sure what he is going to do when he can't blame softball for his losses.I don't know about you but he started missing the top 20 7 seasons ago.. not much softball gets played in the winter.
8/23/2017 3:10 PM
No it goes to show how good I am that everyone knew I coached softball and wasn't on my A game and when we had a break I went from in jeopardy to the National Championship game and a very secure in just TWO seasons. If you know anything about travel softball it is played year round. I don't have to explaing myself to you though, awags, cjsweat, and pete_61 know me and know my softball. However, nortonis did prove me right when I said that when Penn St got a good coach they would win the NC within the next 3 seasons.....Guess what? He did it in his first!!!!
8/23/2017 10:41 PM
Winners never quit and quitters never win. - The great Vince Lombardi

Guess that's why you hung it up.
8/23/2017 10:44 PM
8/23/2017 10:46 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks TKE. You left me with some great talent. I hope you're enjoying "retirement".
8/24/2017 1:14 AM
I know plenty about the culture of select softball. Even had teams that brought home the championship from PCB. I just choose to not make excuses for pitching lessons, hitting lessons, indoor and outdoor practices. Yeah, its a lot but I'm not into excuses. I guess the narcissist in you has to constantly soothe your own ego, which is how this whole thing goes. I had never heard of you when you joined the Big Ten and started shooting off your mouth about how great a recruiting class you had and how you were going to be bringing home the championships. Had I known that by telling you to act like you had been there before that I would have turned your narcissistic rants toward me I would have never said anything.
Quitter, yeah 6 years I certainly ran. I find it funny that once again it is all about you. You wanted me to quit so you could get Penn State. There were owners who knew well over a year ago when I would be ending my WIS playing days. I respectfully declined a couple of show invites because I was retiring and figured that owners who were fully vested would be much better targets.
Oh well, enough about your favorite topic, yourself.
8/24/2017 8:17 AM
I do love myself. You quit when I wasn't eligible for the team because you know I would have done the same thing nortonis did and win a championship. You couldn't handle me being right so you fled as soon as I became ineligible for the job.
8/24/2017 8:59 AM
Actually the reality was that you got yourself in jeopardy after I said I was leaving. Then again, I was planning to leave 13 months prior and had communicated that to people I actually cared about in WIS. Sorry you weren't part of that group but don't flatter yourself, you were not a consideration in my retirement. It ended up just being a hilarious footnote that for all your bravado you couldn't maintain a job status. You did it to yourself ,so blaming me for running after 6 years in WIS is comical, even for you.
8/24/2017 9:04 AM
No, what's comical is I said Penn St is the best team in Wilkinson and when they get a good coach they would win a NC within three seasons. It was won in the first season you left. Now that shows how bad you are. Do you honestly think they would have won this season with you at the helm? No!! I'm gonna go on and say nortonis is going to be a beast at Penn St. I don't butter coat stuff, I just speak the truth. (What everyone else thinks, but is too nice to say)
8/24/2017 12:49 PM
It was essentially the same schedule the only difference is I didn't have to face Nortonis in the CC but boy what a dream it would have been to play you in the NC. Especially since you hadn't beat me in these last two seasons where you were actually trying. Nortonis is a great coach and at this stage of WIS a better coach, I took away two distinct things he did differently. This really is more about your legend in your own mind status. Nortonis beat you twice by the same score that I beat you by but yet your post after getting your tail kicked was about "us" hall of fame coaches. I don't think Nortonis had a mouse in his pocket to include you. I just didn't pull out my game against Oklahoma and even though I beat awags by 20 he jumped me into the NC game. Not saying that I am a better coach than awags either. I already laid out all the facts about Penn State program in all the worlds in a previous post so get yourself invested in the facts but I know you love the sound of your own voice to much. Are those coaches in those three worlds that were more successful at PSU better than me (cebrake, gtduece, DKC, and Awags) absolutely. Are you a better coach than me.... well even on autopilot I didn't lose to non elites to the point where I got myself into even a Little to No Jeopardy status let alone an In jeopardy. You couldn't even do better than a 33% winning percentage against me. You partied like it was your super bowl when you beat me in back to back seasons. It's shameful that you did at ND and even more shameful that you are running your mouth about how great you are with that happening. Your selective memory to serve your purpose is both typical and comical.. Kind of like you saying that you got banned because you said a$$ when you had to know full well calling someone a gay slur in the middle of a string of George Carlin 7 words you can't say, is what got you. You are truly a classless individual and I can only hope your antics on the softball field are much better than your public personna in WIS because I have seen plenty of your type on the softball field as well. I bet you don't even let your girls go and accept the trophy for their victory but you go accept it on their behalf just so that you can get that brief moment in the sun with all eyes on you. Well, I for one am done with you. Continue to sqwak away...Im sure you will, but you get zero seconds of my time going forward.
8/24/2017 1:46 PM (edited)
I'm exactly where I want to be, living rent free in your head. You are "retired" but yet you still get on and read my forum posts and my chat in the B1G. Plus you just wrote a whole book ^ (please see above post) to me.
8/24/2017 4:54 PM

I bet you don't even let your girls go and accept the trophy for their victory but you go accept it on their behalf just so that you can get that brief moment in the sun with all eyes on you. Well, I for one am done with you. Continue to sqwak away...Im sure you will, but you get zero seconds of my time going forward.

-1 talking about the guys kids.

-1 saying you are done, but you started this thread talking about cfb.

-1 for not using paragraphs.

Some people I really respect in this game like you a ton, but this thread is not showing your better side for sure.

nitros (James)

8/24/2017 6:25 PM
I'm a big fan of paragraphs
8/24/2017 6:55 PM
I am a fan of softball. Leave it alone!
8/25/2017 10:00 PM
The Championship Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.