Site issues - 5/13 Topic

Seble, why would this start with 12:00 noon EST recruiting cycles tomorrow? I couldnt get on this morning before the 6:00 am est cycle or before the 9:00 est cycle... SIMs were recruiting during that time, and recruiting at an advantage compared to the cycle that will run at noon tomorrow. that doesnt seem fair, right? there is strategy to recruiting before the noon cycle and that was eliminated with this change. could you not move recruiting back a cycle?
5/13/2020 6:09 PM
i've supported credits when stuff got really bad but this is definitely not one of those times. especially with the corona virus which has a lot of IT infrastructure work in a pretty weird place (IT infrastructure folks have been exempted from lockdowns this whole time but regardless, everyone i know's company has been reducing the on-site work to the greatest extent possible, which can leave folks flatfooted in the event of an outage. i know they are on cloudflare but still, you can run into all kinds of weird stuff like differences in how server access works from in the office vs home or 100 other things. and even if none of that was in play - seems like a suitable time to be a bit forgiving, eh?)

thanks to seble and team for getting this all resolved!
5/13/2020 6:09 PM
Posted by SchoolyWe on 5/13/2020 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Seble, why would this start with 12:00 noon EST recruiting cycles tomorrow? I couldnt get on this morning before the 6:00 am est cycle or before the 9:00 est cycle... SIMs were recruiting during that time, and recruiting at an advantage compared to the cycle that will run at noon tomorrow. that doesnt seem fair, right? there is strategy to recruiting before the noon cycle and that was eliminated with this change. could you not move recruiting back a cycle?
this may be wrong but my understanding is the 5am session ran but not the 8am or 11am stuff. i doubt sims got the jump on anyone, but even if they got a 1 cycle jump - what's the advantage they are recruiting at?

that said - WIS has delayed everything 24 hours previously when these kind of things occur. i think that is their standard protocol if an outage gets bad enough. seems like a reasonable policy to me.

i'm also not 100% sure what is up with your times, but 2am/pm EST is game time, while 5/11/5/11 are the key recruiting times, with recruiting opening at 8am.
5/13/2020 6:12 PM
Posted by dpm1227 on 5/13/2020 3:54:00 PM (view original):
We are entitled to a credit of some kind! Half a day or not, we PAY to use this site and we did not receive what we paid for...ACCESS!
5/13/2020 6:42 PM
Posted by dorkster on 5/13/2020 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Glad that everyone is working out. As far as ads, if the revenue stream helps to keep WIS running, I'm all for it. Who knows, it may even provide funding for some long-awaited revisions.
Revisions? What are those? Most of these games haven't seen any through 3 site owners and a decade.
5/13/2020 6:45 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 5/13/2020 4:48:00 PM (view original):
We are entitled to a credit of some kind! Half a day or not, we PAY to use this site and we did not receive what we paid for...ACCESS!
False. We pay per season. The season is pushed a day later and you still get all the days.

Even if you miss a day of the season that would be one damn small credit. A hoops dynasty season is an average of 7 bucks on this site. A season is like 40 days long. I will be happy to send you a 7/40 = 17 cent credit for your missed day if you would like.
False? Without the access one cannot participate. You must also believe the FBI acted legally in the Flynn case.

Actually 12.95 if you do not buy in a package. Your 40 days number is counting the dead days between seasons when nothing is happening.

Grow up cubby! This is about principal. The offer would be enough. We do pay per season and I pay for COMPLETE access during that season.

5/13/2020 7:26 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2020 6:42:00 PM (view original):
Selfie tecwerg?
5/13/2020 7:27 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/13/2020 6:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by SchoolyWe on 5/13/2020 6:09:00 PM (view original):
this may be wrong but my understanding is the 5am session ran but not the 8am or 11am stuff. i doubt sims got the jump on anyone, but even if they got a 1 cycle jump - what's the advantage they are recruiting at?

that said - WIS has delayed everything 24 hours previously when these kind of things occur. i think that is their standard protocol if an outage gets bad enough. seems like a reasonable policy to me.

i'm also not 100% sure what is up with your times, but 2am/pm EST is game time, while 5/11/5/11 are the key recruiting times, with recruiting opening at 8am.
I'm EST and the recruiting cycles run every 3 hours 12,3,6,9,12, ect.... your times are wrong above. and game times are not 2 am/pm, but 2:30 am and 2:30 pm (est). Thats whats up with the times, yo ;).

If you read through this entire thread seble says that the 6 am and 9 am cycle ran this morning. so they ran for some, but i know I couldnt get on the site before 6 and all morning. and, g1, actions run at 9 am are more valuable than those ran at 12:00 pm. I'll just leave it at that.
5/13/2020 7:32 PM
Not having access today made me stop and realize just what a significant part of my day the site is and how it affects my routine. Felt like I missed a meal, or getting the daily paper.

Thanks for the updates and rapid fix.

Stop whining. Things could be worse. Oh yeah, they are...
5/13/2020 8:09 PM
Didn't get to gameplan and lost.....thanks
5/13/2020 10:18 PM
HBD AM games for 5/14 have already been simulated
5/13/2020 10:45 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This is what broke WIS this morning LOFL!...

https://www.whatifsports.com/NBA/boxscore.asp?GameID=9618045
5/13/2020 11:30 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 5/13/2020 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Did the Ads addition cause this?

Or was it a massive coinkydink?
massive coinkydink

They (we) have been under attack for 2 days

I appreciate they sent us this memo. So, thanks to wis staff
5/14/2020 12:28 AM
Posted by dpm1227 on 5/13/2020 7:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 5/13/2020 4:48:00 PM (view original):
False. We pay per season. The season is pushed a day later and you still get all the days.

Even if you miss a day of the season that would be one damn small credit. A hoops dynasty season is an average of 7 bucks on this site. A season is like 40 days long. I will be happy to send you a 7/40 = 17 cent credit for your missed day if you would like.
False? Without the access one cannot participate. You must also believe the FBI acted legally in the Flynn case.

Actually 12.95 if you do not buy in a package. Your 40 days number is counting the dead days between seasons when nothing is happening.

Grow up cubby! This is about principal. The offer would be enough. We do pay per season and I pay for COMPLETE access during that season.

you sound like a born again - democrat- marxist -snowflake

Stop your whining .. Nobody OWES you anything.. and I have been here for ages.. This stuff happens from time to time
5/14/2020 12:35 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Site issues - 5/13 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.