Successfully Got Trade Vetoed Topic

I say a lot of things.

I don't pretend to remember them all.

But the baby punching analogy was something I was using a lot in the fall....
1/15/2010 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By sanderbear on 1/15/2010

I think a commish should try to make it the best league possible -- i.e. high level of competition, good owner pool, no abandoned teams, no teams with massive pitching fatigue, making the blog informative -- to give owners incentive to stay long-term.

This was the first time, in 12 seasons in the league and I think eight as commish, that I have sitemailed owners asking them to consider vetoing a deal. It was an exceptionally bad trade, and I wanted to make sure owners looked at it closely.

Similarly, if an owner has massive pitching fatigue, I send a trade chat. If an owner shows up sporadically I sitemail to find out what's going on, and on more than one occasion, the owner has real-life issue causing problems, and volunteers to relinquish the team. If a team is on the verge of abandonment (a rarity), I line up a potential replacement.

I don't think any of this is bad.

Sounds right to me.

Now, if you would redline about 90% of the thread, you would have it down to under 1/2 of a page and it could be the start of a pretty good discussion instead of four pages of kindergardeners wee'ing on each other.
1/15/2010 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By jwelsh1023 on 1/15/2010
Lets recap, you post something unintentionally misleading and a little vague, I answer with a question brought upon by the vagueness, you act like a pompous douche, angered that somebody could question your obviously flawless post. And I am the one tearing something up with a petty display of a semantic argument.

I am just trying to get the notes correct for further interactions so I know what to type and how to genuflect.

Incorrect. Sorry. Nobody here is angry, for one. For two, I haven't claimed to be flawless. Your trying to argue with someone who could care less about arguements. I am here for the discussion, not the semantic BS and lame attempts to poke holes in sentence structure.

In summary, I stated (as per the topic) that I don't think commishes should lobby for vetoes. Then I was asked about regular owners, in an obvious attempt to start an arguement over semantics. I stated I don't think anyone should lobby for vetoes in response to the question. Again, more attempts at lame forum "arguing" ensued. I could care less if you understand me or not. It's merely an opinion over an internet baseball game. You guys try WAY to hard to ruffle feathers over meaningless banter. It's just an opinion. I don't think I am HBD God or anything silly like that. Hell, I don't even think I am the best HBD owner. Merely one that has an opinion. It's that simple, really.
1/15/2010 4:46 PM
I wasnt trying to argue with you from the jump, I genuinely didn't understand the difference between your two statements. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, but you started acting like an ***.
1/15/2010 11:33 PM
Sanderbear, you have to give an update in the next few weeks and let us know if the trade you lobbied to scuttle gets reworked, or the owner comes up with another (and in your opinion better) trade or two, or if he winds up stuck with a couple of players he doesn't want and can't--in his opinion at least--improve his franchise.
1/16/2010 7:54 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
1/16/2010 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By nfet on 1/16/2010But, i would add that in two identical worlds with the only difference being that in one of them owners (or the commish) start campaigning for vetoes, the one where people don't campaign will eventually be a much better world...
... for cheaters. Leave them cheat in peace.
1/16/2010 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By jwelsh1023 on 1/16/2010I wasnt trying to argue with you from the jump, I genuinely didn't understand the difference between your two statements. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, but you started acting like an ***
Fair enough. Still not trying to be an *** to you though. Just making sure we're clear. ;-)
1/16/2010 12:07 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Successfully Got Trade Vetoed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.