Which pitcher would you dangle? Topic

I have three interesting  19-21 yr old pitchers.  Which would you dangle as trade bait, which two would you keep?

EllisJones  

He's having a great AAA season at 20 yrs old.  Projects to  92 (stamina)  92 (Control) 72-72 (vL/vR) 43-89 (Velo/GB) and pitches of 87-82-65  With a makeup of 71 and being only 20 yrs old, he'll get really close to those numbers.

BenjiBurns 

Was injured most of last season, which hurt his development, but heseems to have recovered and he's only 21....so he should get close to projections, I think (although a make-up of 54 won't help a bunch) Projections:    77 (stamina) 99 (Control) 86-81 (vL/vR) 52-41 (Velo/GB) 77-75-71 pitches

ToreyRussell

Only 19, High A.  Projections:  85 (Stamina) 65 (Control) 83-81 (vL/vR)  92-70 (Velo/GB) 80-78-63 (pitches)  Makeup of 85.

Either Jones or Burns will be in my rotation nexst year, I think.  I need a  young, productive OF.  One of these guys may be the bait.

Opinions?

moe
1/14/2012 5:11 PM
Burns, because of the control. I'd love to have both the other two, except for Burns makeup. Other than that, he'll be good.
1/14/2012 5:54 PM
Dangle Burns, or keep him?
1/14/2012 6:49 PM
Sorry, said wrong name. Dangle Russell because of control. Keep burns despite makeup.
1/14/2012 7:51 PM
Just looking that their current development patterns and ratings, none of them are as good as you think they are; none will get all that near those projections.  For just one example, for Burns to get to 99 control he'd have to improve by almost 40 over his draft numbers; have you ever seen anything like that before?

Trade whichever one gets the best return; they're all about the same and all headed for SP4-land.
1/14/2012 9:47 PM
I would try to trade Burns if I had the choice. IMO, he is the least likely to attain projections and currently looks like he may end up with only one good pitch. He also has the lowest GB rating. If you have good defense on the field or play in a hitters park, you'll want as many balls hit to the fielders as possible.
1/14/2012 10:58 PM
benji's progression looks like it's coming to a grinding halt, don't think he's gonna come close to his projection.
1/15/2012 6:20 PM
He had two injuries (one major) in Season 21.  His improvement this year from where his numbers were after the injuries was on par with his Season 20 to 21 improvement. He has another good improvement jump, I think....then some a couple of smaller ones.

I hope!
1/15/2012 10:32 PM
Which pitcher would you dangle? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.