Simmy hired my HiA level PC at the very beginning of the last cycle. Dumb me figured that wouldn't happen until the end or the beginning of the next cycle. As a result I ended up with a 46 IQ guy and several promising prospects. All were in LoA last season. 1. Will the 46 impact these guys development? 2. If I skip HiA and move them to AA will it hurt them if they have to stay in AA for 2 seasons?
3/19/2014 7:23 PM
46 is pretty bad at HiA.    I treat RL/LoA/HiA as the same.   That's where first year guys start.  2nd year in AA, 3rd year in AAA and, if they're really worth a damn, they'll be in the BL their 4th season.   So I'd have no problem putting them in AA this season.   I'd say "Some will disagree" but it's been 13 hours since you posted so maybe no one is paying attention.
3/20/2014 8:34 AM
I was waiting for someone with more brains than me to answer. I've learned to do the same, prospects who actually mean something can go to AA if they've already had a season at the lower levels. My HiA team now ends up being the players too old for lower levels but not promising enough for AA.

3/20/2014 8:42 AM
Some will say you should still be waiting.  

But they're haters so screw 'em.
3/20/2014 8:47 AM
Actually, I got away from the forums for a bit... strongly agree with moving them to AA.  It's not clear to me that level matters at all in development (although I'm not sure it doesn't), and coaching clearly matters a lot.
3/20/2014 11:22 AM
If that's the case, and it very well may be, then why not just start every promising player in AAA and leave them there until they're ready?
3/22/2014 11:50 AM
A player is more likely to retire if he doesn't get regular promotions. If he goes straight to AAA he is going to be at the same level for too long. You could actually get away with it IF you added him to the 40 at the end of his 1st full season, but then you start burning option years earlier than necessary...
3/22/2014 12:21 PM
That's not totally true.  Most retirements are from guys who spend too long before AA.  Once they get to AA and AAA, they'll stick around until their mid to late 20's before retiring.  
3/22/2014 3:57 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.