Critical news debate Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Am I missing something?  Other than losing the ability to predict the final ratings for other people's prospects, I am not seeing a strong pull to alter my Advanced scouting budget in this update.
5/7/2015 3:33 PM
Sounds good to me. Think they will give us some more details on the 'fuzzier' rating system for scouting and the prospect-player development adjustments?
5/7/2015 3:33 PM
FWIW, I expect extreme strategies.    High payroll for FA signings while punting IFA and the draft or low payroll with high ADV for developing domestic/IFA players then moving them to the high payroll teams when they get expensive.

Being in the middle seems like death. 
5/7/2015 3:35 PM
I'm pumped that they're finally doing some work to improve the game. But making amateur draft picks and INTs more "fuzzy" makes me think that its best to just put all my money into free agency. Spend money on guys where I know exactly what their ratings are, rather than spending time on draft picks, and hoping that my first round pick is what I think he is, or what he would be before this update.
Posted by mitt0108 on 5/7/2015 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Sounds good to me. Think they will give us some more details on the 'fuzzier' rating system for scouting and the prospect-player development adjustments?
Hope not.
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/7/2015 3:33:00 PM (view original):

Would you expect anything but "much whining and crying"?

And the lamentations of their imaginary women, yes. It's nice to see that they anticipated the whining about it taking 3 seasons to get to even a $12m level for scouting.
Posted by mitt0108 on 5/7/2015 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Meaning not all players will have a predictable development pattern...
5/7/2015 3:36 PM
Wow, this will change everything. I don't know if I like it or dislike it, but it'll be interesting.

I've been playing this game for about a year and a half, and I was just thinkin I have it figured out. But now it'll be a new challenge to learn the new way of doing things.

By the way, is it just me, or is this pretty much the biggest change they've ever made to the game play?
Posted by overeasy on 5/7/2015 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Am I missing something?  Other than losing the ability to predict the final ratings for other people's prospects, I am not seeing a strong pull to alter my Advanced scouting budget in this update.
Well that's the idea - I can get an idea on how much more someone will develop based on his current development pattern.
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/7/2015 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by overeasy on 5/7/2015 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Well that's the idea - I can get an idea on how much more someone will develop based on his current development pattern.
Exactly.  You can't see development patterns and, better yet, they implied that development patterns won't be as predictable as they are now.
5/7/2015 3:38 PM
1|2|3...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.