October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/16/2015 6:00:00 PM (view original):
All,

Here's a blast of feedback to posts starting on Page 6.

starting on page 6

psychoch - league leaders has always only sorted the standard way since it is the full list of players. team leaders is  a finite list and does not need to hit the server for the sort. This will most likley not change

DodgerBlue13 - we will be reviewing player profile column spacing to try to avoid scrolling. 

outlaw 6-4-3 - be sure to see the quick links added to bottom of page, as well as site map link. helps with advanced navigation on phone. we'll continue to evaluate experience on mobile.  Many devices, many screensizes, etc.

carpetbagger - row contrast colors is something we're looking at.  loss of sort on world list is noted.

robmb - when a managerial player change is made, the player selector turns a turquoise color. this indicates an unsaved change has been made.  this also is reflected when you "optimize" to see the recs.

julian1962 - will look into boxscore issue you mentioned. can't reproduce this as it's working in all scenarios we've checked so far.

torrone - playoff bracket has been fixed.  what version of IE are you using where you are seeing problems?

bbartel - we will look into kindle issue

alleyviper - we will look into box score split vs tab

crabman26 - can you let us know a few examples where you feel you are doing more scrolling and clicking?

dw172300 - iphone 5 overlay has been fixed

rmancil - if you are still having issue with rotation, can you let us know which browser on apple pc?

tomfool - forums link is in top left WIS menu. a little more work to get there, but not much. if this turns to be a common complaint, we'll figure out another spot.  will make the last name text box the default focus in a future fix.

mitt0108 - trade notification count will only update if there's a trade needing your attention

keithjs - DITR icon was an inadvertent removal, we'll look to bring back

gman981981 - the bolding of losing team as bug, has been fixed

alogman1 - the hiearchy save/clear features are working for me in Chrome. if you are still seeing this,can you let me know what world?

mbrfill99 - on mobile, icon to left of WIS logo should open main site nav which should include forum link.

dherz_263 - cannot reproduce the minor league lineup save/copy bump to ML. Are you still seeing this? if so, can you list steps?

MikeT23 - we'll evaluate the World Office module order, we debated this very thing initially. may need to adjust based on seasons played.  veterans probably want what you suggest, newcomers probably want current

articlegend - owner profile font color has been fixed

pjfoster - the copy to clipboard icon was moved to top left area of card

We will be bringing back ability for pitcher to hit other than in #9 hole next week.

For those struggling in IE 11, can you let us know what your compatibility settings are set to? May be related to that.

Please keep the feedback coming. We're doing our best to fix bugs first, while gathering other feedback for adjustments after that.

THANK YOU!!!

Yes still happening, I'm setting a lineup, then saving it, then copying to all, the save works, but I go back to the ml lineup. Seems to only happen when a player is coming on or off rest
10/17/2015 11:38 AM
The update is almost unusable through my iPhone. It's just too cluttered and difficult to sift through--which is tough since I primarily use my phone.

However, it's really growing on me through Chrome on my iPad. Three quick suggestions, and I'm sure they have already been voiced: There's no need to have the past champions section take up so much room on the main page. The headlines should be shifted to the bottom of the office page (I'd rather see scores and standings above the headlines). I wish the box score was the first thing in the ML game result pop up instead of the play-by-play.

One thing that might be cool is a red "Breaking News-type" alert at the top of the page if someone offers up a trade?
10/17/2015 12:32 PM
I'm not sure if others like this or not but it has changed. On the page that lists private leagues with openings, is it too much trouble to list how many openings each league has? You do it on the public leagues page. Leagues seem to fill faster when they get down to the final spots. If I go looking to join a league it is normally because I am already tired of waiting on another one and want to play. But making me go through leagues and research them without a little help is probably more likely to make me not commit to a new team at all. 
10/17/2015 1:06 PM
+ View World Details
10/17/2015 1:24 PM
from the office page, is it possible to make the quick links choices customizable?  (ie let the owner pick his/her 5 choices) ?
also, didn't we used to have a direct link to all the forums from the old HBD office page?  adding one would be nice. 

10/17/2015 2:19 PM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 10/16/2015 6:00:00 PM (view original):
All,

Here's a blast of feedback to posts starting on Page 6.

starting on page 6

psychoch - league leaders has always only sorted the standard way since it is the full list of players. team leaders is  a finite list and does not need to hit the server for the sort. This will most likley not change

DodgerBlue13 - we will be reviewing player profile column spacing to try to avoid scrolling. 

outlaw 6-4-3 - be sure to see the quick links added to bottom of page, as well as site map link. helps with advanced navigation on phone. we'll continue to evaluate experience on mobile.  Many devices, many screensizes, etc.

carpetbagger - row contrast colors is something we're looking at.  loss of sort on world list is noted.

robmb - when a managerial player change is made, the player selector turns a turquoise color. this indicates an unsaved change has been made.  this also is reflected when you "optimize" to see the recs.

julian1962 - will look into boxscore issue you mentioned. can't reproduce this as it's working in all scenarios we've checked so far.

torrone - playoff bracket has been fixed.  what version of IE are you using where you are seeing problems?

bbartel - we will look into kindle issue

alleyviper - we will look into box score split vs tab

crabman26 - can you let us know a few examples where you feel you are doing more scrolling and clicking?

dw172300 - iphone 5 overlay has been fixed

rmancil - if you are still having issue with rotation, can you let us know which browser on apple pc?

tomfool - forums link is in top left WIS menu. a little more work to get there, but not much. if this turns to be a common complaint, we'll figure out another spot.  will make the last name text box the default focus in a future fix.

mitt0108 - trade notification count will only update if there's a trade needing your attention

keithjs - DITR icon was an inadvertent removal, we'll look to bring back

gman981981 - the bolding of losing team as bug, has been fixed

alogman1 - the hiearchy save/clear features are working for me in Chrome. if you are still seeing this,can you let me know what world?

mbrfill99 - on mobile, icon to left of WIS logo should open main site nav which should include forum link.

dherz_263 - cannot reproduce the minor league lineup save/copy bump to ML. Are you still seeing this? if so, can you list steps?

MikeT23 - we'll evaluate the World Office module order, we debated this very thing initially. may need to adjust based on seasons played.  veterans probably want what you suggest, newcomers probably want current

articlegend - owner profile font color has been fixed

pjfoster - the copy to clipboard icon was moved to top left area of card

We will be bringing back ability for pitcher to hit other than in #9 hole next week.

For those struggling in IE 11, can you let us know what your compatibility settings are set to? May be related to that.

Please keep the feedback coming. We're doing our best to fix bugs first, while gathering other feedback for adjustments after that.

THANK YOU!!!

I feel like in the old format everything in the pitching staff and lineup screens fit into one page or screen...meaning I didnt have to scroll to save the lineup or pitching staff. Now after I make my changes I have to scroll to the bottom to hit save. Also, I can only see the first 8 hitters in my lineup and have to scroll down to even see my bench players. Would be nice to see all on one screen without having to scroll up and down so much. 

Hopefully that made more sense? 
10/17/2015 4:01 PM
+1 to what crabman said. ^
Also wtf? Now it doesn't save a trade proposal that we just built without us having to submit them? Is this what anyone asked for??
10/17/2015 7:25 PM
Took me an hour to figure out what the three green lines on top right corner were for. After almost giving up looking for FA screen took a flier on the green lines. They need to be labeled. For sure a downgrade from the old screen.
10/17/2015 7:59 PM
Still only able to put one pitcher to rest at a time between saves,

Chrome. LG tablet and Android phone.
10/17/2015 8:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/16/2015 8:04:00 PM (view original):
tzent, the order of the front page isn't something that would make an owner say "OK, that's it.  I'm done" but a lot of the headlines are relatively pointless to n00bs and vets alike.    Payroll snapshot, parks, most errors(CF), etc, etc, is just filler that can be found elsewhere.    The In Box has stuff like HOF voting, minor league reports, DL time up, etc, etc.   Again, things one can find elsewhere.     It's just a scrolling issue on a desktop.    Again, it's not horrible.    As a commish, I'm checking standings pretty much every day for check-ins(abandonment) and losing streaks(potential tanking).    And I'm checking WC for amusement or potential issues to head off.    They're just more important than Headlines and In Box from my standpoint.
"They're just more important than Headlines and In Box from my standpoint."

+1
10/17/2015 8:06 PM
Mentioned already - having to scroll for player info and stats on mobile and order of the home page as mentioned by Mike

Didn't see it mentioned in my quick scan - in screen shots I have of the old system, columns with numbers were separated by a vertical line and it was much easier to look at
10/17/2015 8:22 PM
The player cards now only show the ratings of a player. No stats/transactions/contract/etc available. Windows10 with Edge browser.
10/17/2015 8:34 PM
Apple has some issue with seeing the slide bar on the SP pop up which must be moved in order to allow a SP to move up in the rotation. Most of the time it fail to appear.

Safari browser.
10/17/2015 9:33 PM
10 email messages telling me of the draft in mantle.  Also FA do not show up using windows 10 and edge browser. Had to switch to chrome to see them
10/18/2015 9:01 AM
I rec'd 17 emails on Mantle draft. 
10/18/2015 9:44 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.