WIS stole $800 from DTW? NO, PRIZE MONEY IS PAID! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Have they said they are not paying, or have they given a reason why?
1/4/2016 5:54 AM
Yes please elaborate. I went to the world's chat board hoping for pages of juicy discussion but no one is in the world anymore.
1/4/2016 6:08 AM
That was a clusterfuck of a contest.   They're probably trying to decide if the results were legit(I know one owner, in the prize money, demanded that everyone be refunded their money) or if they should just give everyone their entry fee back.
1/4/2016 6:46 AM
That said, if that's what they're doing, they should be telling someone the reason for the delay.    Is your commish/organizer active?
1/4/2016 8:45 AM
Tec, they have not said anything. It has been well over two weeks since the world rolled over into an empty one, and after repeated tickets sent by owners, there has not been a response. I guess that is not very unusual, but just another example of how they just do not care.
1/4/2016 11:34 AM
If even ONE of those tickets questioned the integrity of the contest, surely you understand their hesitation to start handing out GC.

It was poorly organized/thought out.    The leader was banned for a shady move.    I'm sure WifS wants to know exactly what went on. 

1/4/2016 1:52 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/4/2016 11:34:00 AM (view original):
Tec, they have not said anything. It has been well over two weeks since the world rolled over into an empty one, and after repeated tickets sent by owners, there has not been a response. I guess that is not very unusual, but just another example of how they just do not care.
The last two weeks have included Christmas and New Years.  Lots of people taking vacation time.  I would assume that also holds true at WIS.
1/4/2016 2:08 PM
Admin is notoriously slow. And we've had the holidays. The tickets are still open, I wouldn't get too nervous until they're closed with no response. As for the one guy causing a ruckus for everyone, he asked to be included in the next tourney (he's been declined) so he must not be too fed up with the whole process.
1/4/2016 2:59 PM
You do realize his rejected inclusion would be even more reason for him to detail every perceived slight in the process, right?
1/4/2016 3:16 PM
FWIW, I wouldn't worry too much either.  WifS isn't going to steal your money.  
1/4/2016 3:17 PM
The lack of response an looking as if its being ignored is the most ridiculous and inflammatory point. A simple "we need to look into the results more thoroughly " would have sufficed. Whatever the hold up is;even if its give everyone 2 weeks to contest the results or just an ample waiting time (like waiting for an AWOL owner to return) it should have been communicated. And if I was the winner I would be impatient as well. A lot of people stayed with the world just to get the $25 back and the extended wait is not well received.
1/4/2016 3:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2016 3:16:00 PM (view original):
You do realize his rejected inclusion would be even more reason for him to detail every perceived slight in the process, right?
Probably, but I'd love to know what his perceived slights actually were. He talked a whole lot but never said anything. If someone was wronged, it should be rectified. I just don't think that's the case.
1/4/2016 4:16 PM
I doubt WIS wants any part of this in the future.. 
1/4/2016 4:55 PM
Posted by foulballz on 1/4/2016 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2016 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Probably, but I'd love to know what his perceived slights actually were. He talked a whole lot but never said anything. If someone was wronged, it should be rectified. I just don't think that's the case.
Yes, that is true.   But the whole process for deductions was mind-boggling.    The worst offense, that I know of, was the commish using an owner's password to try to get him replaced.    I recognize that owner is gone from the site but, at that point, everything and anything was fair game to be questioned.   One man's actions......
1/4/2016 5:42 PM
123 Next ▸
WIS stole $800 from DTW? NO, PRIZE MONEY IS PAID! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.