Combination of ratings that are still successful Topic

I previously posted a question about a player being able to be successful ML careers having ratings that included high power and high batting eye and blah splits.

Can this also be the same for someone that has blah splits but high contact and high batting eye? Such as....

3/4/2016 1:25 PM
Sorry about the multiple posts, I had some sort of issue...regardless I would normally completely ignore this guy based on low splits but if his contact/eye were 85-90+ each would he have any ML value?
3/4/2016 1:28 PM
I've used similar core hitting ratings players like that. But they had speed and were good defenders. I don't think you'll find much success with him.
3/4/2016 1:30 PM
Players that he compares to have been average AAA players for me.
3/4/2016 3:41 PM
On the pitching side of things, is Cliff Barker's rookie campaign a trend or mirage given his 48 control (5th lowest of all SP's)? He walks a batter every other inning but it hasn't affected his 3.7 ERA too adversely. His other ratings are solid but I figured 70+ control was practically required of any solid MLer. I called him up thinking I'd have to use him as LRB or a mop-up but he's been my 2nd most consistent starter.
3/4/2016 11:51 PM
Posted by brianplath on 3/4/2016 11:51:00 PM (view original):
On the pitching side of things, is Cliff Barker's rookie campaign a trend or mirage given his 48 control (5th lowest of all SP's)? He walks a batter every other inning but it hasn't affected his 3.7 ERA too adversely. His other ratings are solid but I figured 70+ control was practically required of any solid MLer. I called him up thinking I'd have to use him as LRB or a mop-up but he's been my 2nd most consistent starter.
Generally, if the splits, GB/FB, and primary pitches are strong, you can get past control issues. The problem is this - season to season you will - probably - see wild swings in performance. So you need to be on the lookout. In the meantime, when he's doing good, pitch him,
3/5/2016 8:10 AM
This is a good example of how the low control guy can implode. First 131 1/3 IP, he gave up 52 ER with 54 walks. Last 19 2/3, he's given up 23 with 20 walks.

Player Profile: Humberto Rivas - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
3/5/2016 8:46 AM
Combination of ratings that are still successful Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.