Why Such Fatigue in Lower Level Pitchers? Topic

I am a very new owner and an wondering why fatigue is so easily attainable even with 13 or 14 pitchers in the lower levels? I'm optimizing the pitch count so everything seems balanced..not sure what I'm missing?
4/20/2017 7:32 PM
Young pitchers' Durability and Stamina develop over time. If you have a group of young pitchers at a low minor league level, even if you're optimizing pitch counts they won't be able to throw as often, for as long, as they will later in their careers. So you just need more pitchers to cover your innings played.

4/20/2017 7:45 PM
It doesn't look like you have any pitchers with a starter's duration/stamina combo on your rookie team of your Toronto franchise. Even if you did, pitchers with ratings meant for those low levels will need to throw more pitches to get outs. I usually go with only 11 or 12 position players at rookie league at most, and 18 or 19 pitchers. You can tandem the 8 with the highest dur/stamina combo. That should give you enough bullpen arms. And also those pitchers with stamina under 20 at that level will not be very useful innings eaters.
4/20/2017 7:47 PM
Agreed w/cebola. Unless you get injuries, you don't need a lot of backups in Rookie. When I can't run a legit six-man rotation, and my SPs can only throw 50 or 60 pitches per start, I'll run four tandems with two or three LRs standing by. And I cut down their pitch counts.

4/20/2017 8:14 PM
Every off-season, sign as many minor league free agent SP's with 20-30 durability and 80-100 stamina as you can. Offer them all contracts (because many will sign with other teams). Even if their L/R splits are 10/10 they can play in LoA and Rookie ball at least. After the season has already started, if you are really desperate, and there are no minor league free agent SP's available in your league, then check the tryout camp (Go to GM tab ->Contracts->Tryout camp report). They are garbage but they are at least bodies.

Also, LoA through AAA has active/inactive designations. You can stash a bunch of players at each level as inactive (10 per level I think). So if your staff is gassed, inactivate the 0% guys and activate the guys that are sitting at 100% as inactive. Though if you have enough of the 30STA/90DUR guys I mentioned above sprinkled throughout your minors, you don't even need to use inactive players.
4/20/2017 8:48 PM (edited)
^^^
Additionally, there's always SP IFAs that are available at the end of the season. You use it or you lose it so if u got cash left pick them up and drop them in Rookie for next season.
4/20/2017 9:38 PM
If I'm a bit short on Stam/Dur. in the minors I go with a 6 man rotation. Maybe a couple of LR guys, and a mop up. Once you get the hang of it it'll become easier..
4/20/2017 10:49 PM
You guys are so helpful! Thank you so much. Makes more sense and I'm going to sign more pitchers! I mainly operate my Norfolk team. I thought I could handle two more teams, but I can't.
4/21/2017 8:42 AM
If you properly staff your minor leagues, you can let SIMAI run them with little poor effect. You only really need to be hands-on with the prospects who will one day be BL players. I use the notes/dots to signify "potential BL player", hit recs to make sure SIMAI uses them as I want them used, and, if they do, let SIMAI run that level. If SIMMY is going against my wishes, I run that level.

More than likely, you only have 10-20 future BL players in your minors. Prioritize their development and don't worry over the rest. That's how to run multiple teams.
4/21/2017 8:54 AM
Thanks for the input Mike. I do need to start using the notes for sure..
4/21/2017 10:30 AM
The dots are better. They show up on the line-up page. That way, if you hit "recs" you know if SIMMY is playing the guys you want to play.
4/21/2017 10:32 AM
I now see what you are saying in regards to dots. What do you mean 'recs'?
4/21/2017 10:52 AM
Manager, Management Console. Scroll to bottom and you'll see an option for "Recs" at all levels. If you hit Minor Leagues Only, SIMAI will set your line-ups, pitching staff. Then you can check your line-up, see if SIMMY is playing the guys you "dotted for BL players" and let SIMMY run that level. If not, you can make adjustments so SIMMY will play them or uncheck that level and run it yourself.
4/21/2017 11:00 AM
Okay, I only see a RECS button beneath ML.
4/21/2017 11:02 AM
Ahh, you're still in pre-season. It will show for all when the season begins. Gives you plenty of time to evaluate who's dot-worthy!!
4/21/2017 11:06 AM
123 Next ▸
Why Such Fatigue in Lower Level Pitchers? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.