Unsigned player pick compensation Topic

I have a pick that came back at for another 3 mil after his initial offer. I'm not going to up the offer. If I pull the original offer will I still get compensation or is the original 3 mil I offered him essentially lost?
10/6/2017 11:26 AM
If he came back demanding mo' money, the offer is no longer on the table. The money should be back in prospect.
10/6/2017 12:49 PM
Great. Thanks!
10/6/2017 2:01 PM
But I'm not sure you get compensation.

Someone-- you offer, draftee asks for more, you don't offer it-- no compensation, right? Don't you only get compensation if the draftee outright rejects your offer?
10/6/2017 4:12 PM
By asking for more, the player rejected the first offer. As I understand it, Type D is now in play.
10/6/2017 4:16 PM
You only have to meet their first demand. Don't fiddle-fart around with more offers after it's rejected and you get comped.
10/6/2017 4:26 PM
I think you have to keep the original offer (that he rejected) on the table, though. If you withdraw the first original offer I'm pretty sure you don't get the D comp.
10/6/2017 4:40 PM
You're right that you can't withdraw it. But once he rejects it you don't have to. Like Mike said, the money is back in your available budget. The deal is (un)done.

10/6/2017 4:59 PM
It is impossible to withdraw an offer that has been rejected. The offer no longer exists.
10/7/2017 1:22 AM
I have a HS guy I picked 4th overall. It said he'd go pro if selected in first five rounds. He is still considering the original offer said that college is still an option. Do I have to do anything or just wait? More money doesn't help get it done? Also my third round pick is considering playing football, also debating it. I knew that one was a bit of a risk, again does the money increase in any way change it?
10/9/2017 11:49 AM
Always wait for a response to the original offer, no matter what the situation. A new offer resets the draftee's response clock to the beginning, with no benefits at all.
10/9/2017 11:55 AM
And the other thing I didn't know until reading on here is to keep the original offer email. If the player turns you down you can offer again. Think I am on my 3rd try with a guy. See how many times he can reject me and play football.
10/10/2017 1:00 PM
Just to confirm, if you make an original offer that met the demands of the player and you did not withdraw that offer before the player contract status changed to rejected and you got an email requesting money, you then have the choice to sign the player at the larger contract he is asking for, or punt on the pick and take the compensation at the same spot plus one next season, meaning that if the pick was #12 this season, it will be #13 next season. Note that comp picks in WIS right now are for first through third round picks (EXCLUDING) picks that were during the supplemental first round. So if you have pick 33 and it is in the first round, it gets comped, but if it is pick 33 with a * meaning it was a comp round pick, that doesn't get an additional comp for being unsigned.
10/15/2017 3:33 AM
Posted by reggiedeal on 10/15/2017 3:33:00 AM (view original):
Just to confirm, if you make an original offer that met the demands of the player and you did not withdraw that offer before the player contract status changed to rejected and you got an email requesting money, you then have the choice to sign the player at the larger contract he is asking for, or punt on the pick and take the compensation at the same spot plus one next season, meaning that if the pick was #12 this season, it will be #13 next season. Note that comp picks in WIS right now are for first through third round picks (EXCLUDING) picks that were during the supplemental first round. So if you have pick 33 and it is in the first round, it gets comped, but if it is pick 33 with a * meaning it was a comp round pick, that doesn't get an additional comp for being unsigned.
Correct
10/15/2017 9:50 AM
So to clarify, I've been told if you spam the recruit with lower than 100% offers of his new demand after he rejects each one, generally they'll sign before the end of the season. But this would make me risk losing my compensation pick correct? I've been told different things by different owners with extensive experience (>90 seasons). Anyone have actual experience in this scenario. The knowledge base makes it seem like you definitely won't get the pick...

"If you don't sign your true first round pick, second round pick, or third round pick you will be awarded with a Type D pick the following season. In order to receive the compensation pick you must offer the player 100% of his initial demands, he must refuse to sign, and you must never withdraw your offer to the draft pick at any time. If the player counters and you wish to make a new offer you can do so but the new offer must be 100% of his new demands and it must also not be withdrawn. Essentially your last offer must have been at least 100% of his demands at the time the offer was made and never withdrawn."
10/15/2017 10:04 AM (edited)
12 Next ▸
Unsigned player pick compensation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.