New Transfer Policy Topic

This is what I'm saying!
12/12/2017 4:13 PM
This is what I'm saying!
12/12/2017 4:13 PM
SAYING....saying...saying
12/12/2017 4:55 PM
Just a guess, but if you were to read through the chat in world Yogi Berra, it appears like perhaps they might be the reason for ADMIN'S sudden change of heart and rambling on about credits and profile records.

Especially the 2nd page.
12/12/2017 8:21 PM
Irrelevant to the topic, but after reading the Berra chat it blows my mind how anyone can vote against a MWR.
12/12/2017 8:47 PM
Because I'm guessing certain people plan on tanking there. Try to maintain a .400 winning percentage? That's inviting tanking. As for the other areas in Berra's chat, I've pointed out the flaws as I see them to everyone.
12/13/2017 12:35 PM
I doubt one world changed the process. My guess it was just a poorly thought out decision. There are only a few worlds that have a waiting list so the requests to replace an owner who is checking in but not returning is few and far between.
12/13/2017 1:59 PM
The "worst season" that shows up on my profile page was a team I took over in the playoffs from a tanker who was invited not to return. Being able to make critical changes earlier to right the ship sooner was worth a lot more than any blemish on my overall record. I'm disappointed that it appears they'll no longer do this.
12/13/2017 4:37 PM
As I said, we are welcome to not buy what they're selling. I don't think this is so egregious that anyone will simply quit over it. However, sending a "WTF?" ticket can't hurt. You could reference this thread or my ticket #145379. Or you could take the position that it simply doesn't happen very often.

12/13/2017 4:43 PM
I quit HBD because of this new policy. I’ve played out all my credits and am done with this game.
12/13/2017 9:59 PM
I stand corrected.
12/13/2017 10:16 PM
You can also post your opinion in the new topic about this in the suggestions thread :) https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=505930
12/15/2017 9:59 PM
They also won't remove owners from worlds or prevent them from renewing at the commissioner's request. Basically they are taking laziness to new levels.
12/15/2017 10:50 PM
Had a few days to read this over and think about it. First thing to note: not making in-season changes is the easiest possible policy to follow FOR ADMIN.

Applied to my personal experiences: I've owned three franchises.
First one, I immediately found my second-best hitter walking away to free agency. Previous owner had been there for one season, went immediately into burn-down mode. Farm system had a few prospects but no depth. It made an overachieving mediocre roster barely a AAA squad. That first season is still the worst on my HBD record.
Second one, took over a stacked offensive team, played it for two seasons, left it with one or two contending runs in it but cleaned it up before I left because I respected the commish and didn't want to leave a mess for the new owner.
Third one, I picked up a team whose owner had gone AWOL in preseason due to health reasons. Team had lost its best prospect in Rule 5, had no SS, half the minor league pitchers were at 0. Took two full seasons to get the minor league teams back to having enough bodies. They'd better still be allowing emergency replacements.

12/16/2017 8:55 AM
Well, yeah, doing nothing is always easier.
12/16/2017 9:14 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
New Transfer Policy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.