In my recent return to the site, I have found that it seems more owners are valuing a strong defensive but weak hitting SS over offensive production. Are there statistics showing the value of giving a strong defensive SS a 5 year expensive contract that only hits .200 and strikes out a ton?
8/2/2018 3:11 PM
As someone who uses that type of player, my take is that you can always find or draft a replacement. I’ve not had a GG SS get to the point where I’d give him a big LT contract. If I did, he’d have to bring something else to the table, like excellent base running, power, or OBP.
And I’ve never shaved a few points off defense so I could have a great hitting but shaky SS. I just move that player to 2B or 3B, where they’re above average.

8/2/2018 4:13 PM
Exactly ^^ Defense-only is dime a dozen, the guys with great defense with some form of plus offense is what earns the money
8/2/2018 11:08 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.