Quality of Life/ Bug Fixes? Topic

“Bug” fix...if a player has minor league options left the game doesn’t let you waive him. Says there is “no need” but you may be waiving him so someone else is responsible for future year salaries. Releasing him keeps you on the hook for future salaries (above league minimum). Should be able to waive the player if you want to
4/7/2021 4:33 PM
Just had another owner with 17 seasons of experience transact a trade with a brand new HBD owner (1st season as an HBD owner). I called it out in World chat because it is not even pretending to be fair. The trade involves a 34 year old DH with a career .887 OPS and only making 4.4 million for two scrub guys that don't even perform well in AAA. Hopefully, it gets vetoed. Would be nice if one of the previously mentioned ideas could get implemented, but it would likely not have helped with this specific situation. I think on trades like the above, the World just needs to police them better. It would be nice if we didn't have to deal with stuff like this, but unfortunately, we do.

1. When an owner offers up a player, the player gets added to a trade rumors page (would not have helped in the above situation because the perpetrating owner offered the trade and his garbage players would have been added to the trade rumors list);
2. Adding a years of control meter (would not have helped above situation because the perpetrating owner is getting an aging great player for garbage non mlb players with full control.);
3. Make current ratings more fuzzy for players under age 25 (would not help here because I bet the new owner's garbage advanced scouting has the garbage players developing further when any experienced HBD owner knows that any non ditr player in his 4th year plus as a pro has very little development left in him).
4/7/2021 4:56 PM
I’ve always thought that blocking first year owners from making trades could solve a lot of this. If blocking isn’t the answer, maybe it could be solved by lowering the amount of teams needed to veto a trade involving a first year owner. Call it training wheels. Hell, I wish I had that in my first season...I totally got hosed in trades.
4/7/2021 8:35 PM
After thinking through this, I think some of the ideas previously mentioned could help deter some predatory trade practices. However, those ideas would only work on catastrophic trades where a newer/inexperienced owner trades a future hall of fame prospect. The Trade I recently referenced above would likely need to be policed by members of the World. If a World collectively feels that Newbs should not trade, then use that rule in the World, but before allowing a newb to join, let him know about the rule.. If the World is a competitive and elite World, it likely won't have too many new owners anyway. A good World follows its rules and is transparent about its rules.
4/7/2021 9:23 PM
Minor one here but I'd value having the HoF voting view for Nominations. It's a pain to have to click on players to uncover AS, WSR, GG, SS, etc. - should be able to toggle / sort etc.
4/9/2021 12:10 PM
I haven't read the whole thread but can someone tell me if there have been any changes to the game since this thread was started or even in the last year? Haven't played in a while and didn't want to come back if nothing has been improved. Just a quick yes or no would be OK and if yes can you point me in the right direction to see the release notes?
4/10/2021 8:54 AM
Posted by crickett13 on 4/10/2021 8:54:00 AM (view original):
I haven't read the whole thread but can someone tell me if there have been any changes to the game since this thread was started or even in the last year? Haven't played in a while and didn't want to come back if nothing has been improved. Just a quick yes or no would be OK and if yes can you point me in the right direction to see the release notes?
They added a ballpark. Yay. Sigh.
4/10/2021 2:23 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=525151&TopicsTimeframe=180

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=525770&TopicsTimeframe=180

Next should be next thursday
4/10/2021 2:43 PM
Posted by tlowster on 4/10/2021 2:43:00 PM (view original):
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=525151&TopicsTimeframe=180

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=525770&TopicsTimeframe=180

Next should be next thursday
Thanks. The removal ability is good.
4/10/2021 4:39 PM
Any chance of getting it so I don't have to log in every single time I access the site?

Also so I can use the down arrow when switching between levels on Pitching Staff pages?
4/21/2021 3:58 PM
Posted by tlowster on 4/7/2021 9:23:00 PM (view original):
After thinking through this, I think some of the ideas previously mentioned could help deter some predatory trade practices. However, those ideas would only work on catastrophic trades where a newer/inexperienced owner trades a future hall of fame prospect. The Trade I recently referenced above would likely need to be policed by members of the World. If a World collectively feels that Newbs should not trade, then use that rule in the World, but before allowing a newb to join, let him know about the rule.. If the World is a competitive and elite World, it likely won't have too many new owners anyway. A good World follows its rules and is transparent about its rules.
What about having all newbie owners (maybe even with 1 season under their belt) have any potential trade be approved by the commissioner? I know this would assume none of the commissioners is a predatory owner. (Designate an alternate commissioner in case the commissioner is involved in the trade?)
4/21/2021 6:10 PM
Posted by drummer_66 on 4/21/2021 6:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tlowster on 4/7/2021 9:23:00 PM (view original):
What about having all newbie owners (maybe even with 1 season under their belt) have any potential trade be approved by the commissioner? I know this would assume none of the commissioners is a predatory owner. (Designate an alternate commissioner in case the commissioner is involved in the trade?)
I think this could work, but like you referenced, it assumes the commish himself isn't one of those ill-gotten gains commissioners that consistently violates the fair play guidelines by transacting trades that "clearly benefit one team". Some commishes put their own gains above the health of the World.
4/21/2021 7:00 PM
Y'all are talking about this like the solution to lopsided trades might be to police inexperienced owners.

First the caveat, as I've said before, is that you can't save owners from their own impulses. And I've seen a lot of owners - who you would assume to be experienced - act with the same lack of foresight that creates lopsided trades.

Harder said than done, devil's advocate and all, but wouldn't it be more equitable to police the experienced owners?

Oh wait, no one wants that.

4/22/2021 10:35 AM
Honestly, I think the biggest problem in regards to trade is knowing what players are realistically available. I have much less of a problem if a player that has been advertised in TC, and put on the trade block gets dealt for less than his perceived value. Everyone in the league knew that the player was available and had an opportunity to make a bid for him, IMO that would be his market value and that's fine. The trades I have a problem are when players that no one even knew were available get dealt.
4/22/2021 2:24 PM
Posted by McGirkTheJer on 4/22/2021 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Honestly, I think the biggest problem in regards to trade is knowing what players are realistically available. I have much less of a problem if a player that has been advertised in TC, and put on the trade block gets dealt for less than his perceived value. Everyone in the league knew that the player was available and had an opportunity to make a bid for him, IMO that would be his market value and that's fine. The trades I have a problem are when players that no one even knew were available get dealt.
It would be neat to have the ability tag a player with a comment or two that other players can see, similar to how an owner can add notes or the colored dots that only they can see.
You could tag a player as "Untouchable; please stop asking", "Will trade for a bag of balls", that kind of thing.
4/22/2021 2:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27...37 Next ▸
Quality of Life/ Bug Fixes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.