Ifa prospect reject offer Topic

Anyone see a response like this from a 19 yo IFA.

“It would unethical for my client to pretend that he could live up to the expectations that contract would place on him. If you think you can afford the money, try adjusting the length of the contract and/or the contract type.”

Offered a MiLB first with a large amount 20+ mill. Rejected. Offered a MiLB w/ Spring training invite with a large bonus of 20 plus. Rejected. Tried to offer ML contract...Rejected. I would understand if I was outbid but they were rejected every time.
2/23/2021 8:06 PM
I’ve seen this happen when the contract value far exceeds the player’s talent level.
2/23/2021 9:07 PM
Last week we had this happen in IFA. Player showed up on the final day, both I and another owner threw our remaining money at him. The player rejected his $20 million like yours did, and signed for my $17 million. And yes, if it were an open market we'd have been both overpaying him significantly - he just happened to be the last half decent prospect. So it seems there's some sort of threshold.

2/24/2021 7:40 AM
Sort of governor to try to save owners from themselves.
2/24/2021 12:04 PM
The IFA ended up signing for 17.1 mill to another team.
2/24/2021 4:10 PM
Ifa prospect reject offer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.