Opening Day Promo - 2021 Topic

Some of you are missing the point. Sure, it’s great that WIS is promoting the games and trying to attract new and dormant users. But why exclude your dedicated base? That makes zero sense. This past year has been financially challenging for many, many people. It would have been a nice gesture to acknowledge that and spread the goodwill to all.
4/9/2021 7:47 AM
Posted by ewd330 on 4/9/2021 7:47:00 AM (view original):
Some of you are missing the point. Sure, it’s great that WIS is promoting the games and trying to attract new and dormant users. But why exclude your dedicated base? That makes zero sense. This past year has been financially challenging for many, many people. It would have been a nice gesture to acknowledge that and spread the goodwill to all.
That's a solid point, but how can we expect them to just give money away to EVERYONE? Especially when I have already seen a brand new owner get fleeced in a trade in one of my Worlds the other day. Until WIS can grow the game and generate more revenue, we have to expect that they are going to have to rely on the income stream that us veteran owners are providing.

If the veteran owners that play this game continue to fleece the brand new owners coming into the game for the first time, it is likely that those brand new owners don't stick around. If those brand new owners don't stick around, then WIS needs to continue to rely on the veteran owners to fund the game because some of the veteran owners keep perpetrating bad experiences for the brand new owners that make them not stick around and become new streams of revenue.
4/9/2021 9:28 AM
The financial difficulty is a good point. It has been a very rough year for everyone and a lot of people have had to cut back.

But my counter point is, if you had to chose between $40 worth of credits or having a thread where we can say the problems we are currently having with the game, have the developers listen, already have some small updates and have the potential for a major overhaul in the coming future, which would everyone pick?

We can put up a survey. I'm sure if the majority of owners said '$40 please' the developers would gladly pay and then shut down all future updates and then we can go back to complaining about fuzzy ratings, questionable SIM logic and how the game doesn't mimic real life.
4/9/2021 9:43 AM
Financial difficulties is a good point, but let's not forget that they're running a business and many businesses can have financial difficulties as well.
4/9/2021 9:56 AM
Posted by hockey1984 on 4/9/2021 9:43:00 AM (view original):
The financial difficulty is a good point. It has been a very rough year for everyone and a lot of people have had to cut back.

But my counter point is, if you had to chose between $40 worth of credits or having a thread where we can say the problems we are currently having with the game, have the developers listen, already have some small updates and have the potential for a major overhaul in the coming future, which would everyone pick?

We can put up a survey. I'm sure if the majority of owners said '$40 please' the developers would gladly pay and then shut down all future updates and then we can go back to complaining about fuzzy ratings, questionable SIM logic and how the game doesn't mimic real life.
+1
4/9/2021 10:00 AM
One last point and I’m done. Try to remember that they are not giving anything away. Yes, the deals are nice, but you still have to fork over $ to take advantage of them. They are not losing a penny by offering these deals. And I feel like we are diluting the conversation. Bottom line, doesn’t your base deserve any deals you are offering strangers?
4/9/2021 11:57 AM
Posted by ewd330 on 4/9/2021 11:57:00 AM (view original):
One last point and I’m done. Try to remember that they are not giving anything away. Yes, the deals are nice, but you still have to fork over $ to take advantage of them. They are not losing a penny by offering these deals. And I feel like we are diluting the conversation. Bottom line, doesn’t your base deserve any deals you are offering strangers?
No. With the credits I earn through how my teams perform and by purchasing 10-packs, I already cut down what I pay per season to a very reasonable amount.
4/9/2021 4:21 PM
LOL could be worse. I got an e-mail with the promo code but it doesn't work for me guess I have not been away long enough. Oh well saves me 25 bucks.
4/9/2021 10:36 PM
Since public leagues aren’t available, seems a new player has to join a private one at a special time. Sound right, or are there public first available ways to try it for a first timer?
4/11/2021 2:00 PM
Posted by Almustafa on 4/11/2021 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Since public leagues aren’t available, seems a new player has to join a private one at a special time. Sound right, or are there public first available ways to try it for a first timer?
You can join a public or private world. Doesn't matter. Private worlds are more desirable because there is a stable core of owners and usually come with rules, but those rules usually aren't that difficult to adhere to. Public worlds can be good to get your feet wet without having to deal with issues noob owners face in private worlds. Good private worlds will mentor a noob owner, though.
4/11/2021 4:07 PM
I think public Worlds are lacking right now because of the promotion. One of two things will likely happen. 1. More public Worlds will open up the further we get away from the promotion; 2. WIS will create a few new Worlds to handle the demand.
4/11/2021 5:42 PM
Posted by ewd330 on 4/9/2021 11:57:00 AM (view original):
As another coach stated, we get deals already. Winning and earning credits.

And just as you stated.... they aren't giving anything away! New coaches are paying for this too!

As yet another coach pointed out, businesses do this all the time to get new customers. Such as cable. The only reason current customers don't complain about that is because they're generally satisfied with their deal already. Or they wouldn't be a customer

If you're playing the game before the promo, you've accepted the game for what it is. Complaints that are coming in now are just ridiculous. It's all "me me me". The best way that WifS can help "me me me" is to get bigger and better. Bringing new users is how we do that.

For the sake of every "me me me" coach out there, I'm sure if more coaches stick around, in the long run you'll get your kick back somewhere along the line to make you happy. But for now, just play the game as you have been for however long! Let's be big boys. A bankrupt business can't just start giving their customers free stuff all of a sudden. That makes no sense! (Not that WifS is bankrupt. But that's essentially what you're asking for).
4/11/2021 9:27 PM
That whole post had nothing to do with my earlier point, but thanks for sharing.
4/13/2021 11:26 AM
Not sure how. Your question ended with "doesn't your base deserve deals you are offering to strangers?".... and the answer is NO.

this isn't a handout session. This is an attempt to target NEW coaches. Not you and I who are already here. Why do we need anything?
4/14/2021 5:12 AM
I'm curious how are people who don't already play going to find this thread to know about the promo?
4/14/2021 12:49 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Opening Day Promo - 2021 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.