ABU S17 - 33 Openings Topic

...and looking for a commish..
8/17/2012 4:56 PM
13 openings, not 33 lol
8/17/2012 6:57 PM
Somebody get me the password and I will get you down to 12
8/17/2012 9:01 PM
it's probly even less than 13 - i imagine some people are waiting around for the password to re-up, but since our commish didn't come back no one has the password..
8/18/2012 3:43 PM
Can't anyone take over as a Temporay-Commish, just to see where your league stands?   If you can get a password, you would have a better idea of where your league is at (and where it needs to go).   Merging (to me) would be a last resort and right now there is not another league with enough teams needed to merge with.
8/18/2012 8:11 PM
no one even seems to know what a merge entails.. what happens to free agents? coaches? etc? do the players from the unclaimed teams just disappear?  is it documented anywhere?  merging doesn't seem like a remotely entertainable idea..
8/18/2012 11:40 PM
i think a merger means new world. i want to merge with another world regardless of what i tmeans. get dedicated owners from another world, with the ones from ours and make a good one
8/19/2012 2:33 AM
Even dedicated managers sometimes get tired of their team(s) and move on and try new approaches and options.   Trying to get another failing league to try to make your league work doesn't sound like a good option to me, you need to work with the good products that your league already has and build on it.   Quick fixes (like going public) seldom result in long term, committed managers.   You will still strike out on some of the new managers, but if nobody plays, nobody wins.
8/19/2012 9:07 AM
merging makes no sense. it takes away what little continuity the world had.. and one of the teams that fought so hard for that #1 overall pick gets screwed..

we've gone public 3 seasons in a row - even before turning public the commish would post the password in the world chat - and always end up with the same problems: newbs getting jobbed in trades.. huge turnover.. #1 overall picks showing up in the rule 5 list.. etc..

we simply need someone to step up as commish, give the password out somewhat discerningly, and wait.. 
8/19/2012 1:19 PM
Fought so hard to get the #1 pick? you mean the owner who "fought so hard"  and won 45 games and didnt return? yeah he did a lot of work tanking.

The only fighting hard in the world was to tank the hardest and get th e#1 pick that is obvious the teams at spots 1,2, 3 and probably 4.

We are not going to get any good owners. The world has a ****** rep. 
8/19/2012 1:26 PM
your powers of perception are legendary.
8/19/2012 2:17 PM
Chuck, I also really don't get it, ''fought so hard to get the 1st pick''??
8/19/2012 2:38 PM
ABU S17 - 33 Openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.