Legendary Buzz Capra League S44: Full and closed. Topic

Entering Season 44, World CAPRA has two open teams. These are our first open teams since season 40. Team links below.

In his World Rankings from April of a few years ago, dmurphy ranked Capra as the 13th highest World out of 178 possible. We have great competition and balance and consistently low turnover. All teams must win 110 every two seasons, or be subject to review from the Capra Board of Directors (myself, crickett13, sjstapleton, mnnorthstars).

Potential owners will be screened to ensure integrity.

Activish blog and podcast here: http://caprahbd.blogspot.com

Rollover happened Wednesday.

Interested parties should send a sitemail to rls1.
6/22/2017 11:31 AM
AL East: #19 pick in the draft and a little over $70M in salary.

Franchise Blog - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
6/22/2017 11:42 AM (edited)
This is my first time ever posting on the forums, but I felt this was a worthy cause to break the seal.

I've been in Capra since the beginning...43 seasons. I keep coming back because we've got a great core of long-time owners, and the ones we've added over the years have been quality as well.

While it is very competitive (coming from someone who's only made the playoffs 10 times in 43 years...believe me...), everyone is fair, everyone is helpful and accommodating, everyone is genuinely happy for the teams that make it far in the playoffs and win the World Series, and the message board chatter is lively.

So just consider this a friendly, biased plug to give Capra a try, because you'd be hard-pressed to find a better HBD world.
6/22/2017 12:35 PM
One of the best worlds in all of HBD, and has been so for several years. The difference between this world and others that need in-season replacements and have half a dozen openings every season will become apparent immediately. Two openings is a rarity for Capra. An actual useful blog, active world chat, parity and balance. No tankers or world destroyers permitted. Most of the league are long-term owners, and you will be too.
6/22/2017 12:36 PM
I joined this world 5 seasons ago after a lengthy search for a "good" HBD world. I have never regretted it.

Good group of long-time owners, lively chat board, and competitive balance. Plus, there is typically little or no waiting between seasons - I think this is the first time we've advertised for new owners since I joined.

Don't miss out on this opportunity.
6/22/2017 12:37 PM
A league without super teams where you can come in and build and compete.

The six best teams in the AL each won between 90 and 92 games last year. The 10 MVP finalists were from 9 different teams. Cy Young finalists were distributed across 9 teams also.
6/22/2017 6:48 PM
The AL East team is a ready-made contender, one of our top franchises. The other team has some really good pieces to either build around or sell in order to rebuild.

More importantly, this world is a ton of fun. Great group of long time owners. We rarely have openings so join in now while you can.
6/22/2017 11:54 PM
Entering my 10th season in Capra. Haven't had a winning record yet. Made the mistake of trying to rebuild and win simultaneously, before going complete rebuild.
My point is, with that level of frustration, had this not been such a great world, with helpful, humorous, good natured peop!e with real baseball smarts, I may have moved on awhile ago. This is the world for REAL baseball fans, as I'm sure you are, or you wouldn't be here.
HBD is part of my discretionary entertainment budget, a welcome distraction in the stressful, hectic and uncertain times we live in. I consider it money well spent, and you will too once you're in. Two openings is a rare opportunity to join the most stable world I have ever been associated with. You won't regret it!
6/23/2017 8:43 AM
I've been in since Season 15. Back about season 20 we had an issue with a GM who was tanking. It was dealt with appropriately and quickly. Since then, we've had hardly an issue, always quick rollover times, great dialogue, balance, long-term owners, etc. Man, you guys need to join.

Buzz Capra was 16-8 back in '74, with a 2.28 ERA. He led the league in ERA and Hits/9. 217 innings, too. He still only finished 8th in the Cy Young balloting. He was playing in Atlanta's launching pad, too. Mike Marshall, with his 106 appearances won the award. Messersmith and Niekro threw 292 and 302 innings, respectively, with ERA's of 2.59 and 2.38. OK, they deserved to be ahead of Capra.

But Buzz was good that year...and he would want you to join his namesake HBD league. C'mon. Join up!

Do it for Buzz!

6/23/2017 11:32 AM
Not only is this a very successful long term world but as I recall it grew from one of the most successful long term sim progressives The Beer League. Most of the original owners had spent some time in that league and as I think the original recruiting was done as Friends of the Beer League. I provide some occasional curmudgeonly drama but its a great world.
6/23/2017 5:15 PM
12 teams between 77-88 wins last year. 9 more between 89-92 wins.
This is a highly competitive, user-friendly, balanced league.
If you're a newby, we're helpful. Mentors abound.
If you're a HBD veteran, this is the league you will have the most fun with.
Our open team, in the AL East, has won 98-98-90-87 games over the past 4 years. It is built around 7-Time All-Star
6/24/2017 12:33 PM
Oops...Vic Zumaya: https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerAwards.aspx?pid=6394907
1 No Hitter, 1 Cy, 1 WS Ring, 260 innings of mid-to low 3's ERA...like clockwork. Yours for 3 more seasons...or to trade for pretty stuff.

The #2 guy is nearly as good. https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerStats.aspx?pid=6823346
You have him for 3 more seasons, too.

Trade those two assets for a ton of young guys and you have a ready made rebuild, if you wish.
This is a great league.
6/24/2017 12:40 PM
I'll take the AL East team -- please sitemail password. Thanks!
6/24/2017 1:08 PM
If we ever have 2 openings again we should remember to remind people it took us a whole 49 hours 37 min to fill
6/24/2017 11:53 PM
Legendary Buzz Capra League S44: Full and closed. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.