BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

I have serious doubts about Trump. The guy is a blowhard. I would like to believe in him, but I don't know what he's capable of. He could do good things, or he could be a disaster...
2/29/2016 6:56 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Appreciate the reminder. I tried Hardball Dynasty for about five minutes and was totally confused right away. Plus fictional characters instead of historical players don't appeal to me, but to each his own.

Same when I play Out of the Park Baseball - many prefer fictional leagues with fictional players, but it is baseball history that interests me. Though the similarity between HBD and OOTP now means I could probably handle the deadlines (Rule 5 draft and that sort of thing which completely lost me at first).

I think that it would be great if all the functions of Hardball Dynasty - minor leagues, prospects etc. were available here in SIM Baseball but with historical players (that is how I play OOTP, so called historical leagues) which would be a considerable upgrade in quality here, and make things more interesting, including things like injuries for longer periods of time and so on, that throw you back on your heels and force you to improvise.

I do think that being knowledgeable about baseball up to a point is one thing, but taking the time to learn the use of stats, building a team for your ballpark and the rest is another. I admit to being a mediocre simleague baseball player - so no offense taken there.

One of the missed opportunities are that WIS has not really made the Career Diamond leagues more interesting with different pricing so that you can't just load up on the same four best ever pitchers well within the $80 mil budget, rendering it pretty useless, though there is one interesting prog league that uses these stats.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder, maybe one day I will take another shot with Hardball, just don't understand the excitement about non-existent players, can't get that interested in them, and have trouble focusing on them and their abilities, which is what you need to be good at it.
2/29/2016 8:47 AM
italyprof..your comments on Bernie are precisely on point...and I am very angry that the super delegates pose such an issue...I have never before felt so much anger and consternation about the process of selecting the democratic nominee....
2/29/2016 9:53 AM
I like creating teams. I still make like 3 rosters a day for fun, probably won't leave SLB soon. As for the Hardball thing, I do that on MLB The Show 15. I just go into franchise mode and do everything, from look at scouting reports, to drafting players and setting lineups, to even pricing parking and hotdogs
2/29/2016 10:26 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 2/29/2016 10:26:00 AM (view original):
I like creating teams. I still make like 3 rosters a day for fun, probably won't leave SLB soon. As for the Hardball thing, I do that on MLB The Show 15. I just go into franchise mode and do everything, from look at scouting reports, to drafting players and setting lineups, to even pricing parking and hotdogs
I can't argue with that...You also get to play the games as well.
2/29/2016 10:32 AM
drocks.
2/29/2016 10:46 AM
I aint transphobic. Heck, my passport expired years ago...

And I will vote for whomever i damned well please...

I didn't pass on voting for Obama because of color. I didn't vote for him because of 2 reasons. Was underqualified, and because he was from Chicago. The most corrupt, venomous political mess in America.

They could put Sir Galahad on the ballot. (Known for gallantry and purity) If HE was from Windy I wouldn't vote for him...
2/29/2016 7:45 PM (edited)
I refuse to hire or not hire based on race or gender. I am surely not going to vote that way either, and I don't give a **** how many names you call me after looking them up in Webster's...
2/29/2016 7:31 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 2/29/2016 7:31:00 PM (view original):
I refuse to hire or not hire based on race or gender. I am surely not going to vote that way either, and I don't give a **** how many names you call me after looking them up in Webster's...
I had to look them up too when actual regressives called me those too lol.
2/29/2016 9:29 PM
I have to say that my thread is bringing wonderful fellowship to the sim community.......
2/29/2016 9:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...312 Next ▸
BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.