8.5 years and 31 season taken away Topic

Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 7:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2016 7:02:00 AM (view original):
I'd say it was NOT 100% clear that you had not abandoned your team, if you had not checked it for 14+ days, even during the off-season during a prolonged rollover.

If I were the commish in this situation, I would probably reach out to the new owner of your old team and ask him to move to another open franchise so that you could have your team back. Hopefully, he'd be understanding and be willing to do that.

But you have to accept responsibility that you had brought this on yourself with your own inaction. It's not the fault of the commish, who was likely acting in good faith, and it's not the fault of WIS.
I do not accept that I have "bought this on" myself. I have reserved my team and am used to very long rolling times. When the world is scheduled an email is sent out so I know to go back and start setting up my team. What is the reason for me to check back every day? My team is reserved, I check back when the world is ready to roll.

If I had only been in the league one or two years then fine - yet again, season one, 8.5 years, a great team, reserved my team - where exactly am I going?
Maybe this is news to you, but owners have been known to completely disappear from this site with no prior notice. Maybe they died. Maybe they're in the hospital. Maybe they couldn't pay their internet bill. Maybe they just lost interest and walked away.

If I'm a commish, and I see that a guy has not bothered to check in for a month, even during a long rollover, I'm thinking "Looks like he's gone". So you can't really blame him now, can you?

One person, and only one person, had the ability to prevent this from happening, just by checking in for one minute a week.

Accept some accountability for your role in this.
11/17/2016 7:49 AM
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 7:30:00 AM (view original):
How does this make sense? Am I taking crazy pills? My team was R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D. With CASH MONEY. Something that I have been doing for EIGHT AND A HALF ******* YEARS! If you had simply left my team in my hands as it should have been, the world would have rolled quicker. Instead, your meddling has delayed the process even longer.

Any chance one of your friends has my highly competitive team?
Nope.

Now, again, you didn't have 1 free minute Monday or Tuesday? Your leaguemates of 8.5 years have been waiting since August to play and, if you take 1 minute on either of those days, they're playing. Do you have ANY consideration for others?
11/17/2016 8:30 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2016 7:49:00 AM (view original):
I'd say it was NOT 100% clear that you had not abandoned your team, if you had not checked it for 14+ days, even during the off-season during a prolonged rollover.

If I were the commish in this situation, I would probably reach out to the new owner of your old team and ask him to move to another open franchise so that you could have your team back. Hopefully, he'd be understanding and be willing to do that.

But you have to accept responsibility that you had brought this on yourself with your own inaction. It's not the fault of the commish, who was likely acting in good faith, and it's not the fault of WIS.
I do not accept that I have "bought this on" myself. I have reserved my team and am used to very long rolling times. When the world is scheduled an email is sent out so I know to go back and start setting up my team. What is the reason for me to check back every day? My team is reserved, I check back when the world is ready to roll.

If I had only been in the league one or two years then fine - yet again, season one, 8.5 years, a great team, reserved my team - where exactly am I going?
Maybe this is news to you, but owners have been known to completely disappear from this site with no prior notice. Maybe they died. Maybe they're in the hospital. Maybe they couldn't pay their internet bill. Maybe they just lost interest and walked away.

If I'm a commish, and I see that a guy has not bothered to check in for a month, even during a long rollover, I'm thinking "Looks like he's gone". So you can't really blame him now, can you?

One person, and only one person, had the ability to prevent this from happening, just by checking in for one minute a week.

Oooh look, forum friends with ten of thousands of posts are wading in and sticking up for their fellow tens of thousands of posts forum friends.

Utter nonsense! An email NOTIFICATION is sent out when the world has rolled. Again, tell me what I am checking back for? To see the commish say over and over "please be patient, I am working on filling the world." There is no reason for me to check back. My team was secured and I was waiting for the world to roll. End of.
11/17/2016 8:35 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 8:30:00 AM (view original):
How does this make sense? Am I taking crazy pills? My team was R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D. With CASH MONEY. Something that I have been doing for EIGHT AND A HALF ******* YEARS! If you had simply left my team in my hands as it should have been, the world would have rolled quicker. Instead, your meddling has delayed the process even longer.

Nope.

Now, again, you didn't have 1 free minute Monday or Tuesday? Your leaguemates of 8.5 years have been waiting since August to play and, if you take 1 minute on either of those days, they're playing. Do you have ANY consideration for others?
Stop trying to detract from the point of this. You go on like I haven't been waiting since August to play. Stop making out like I haven't been waiting just as long. And there are no league mates of 8,5 years as I am the only person that has played every season in the league.
11/17/2016 8:39 AM
Posted by Seventy_77 on 11/17/2016 7:27:00 AM (view original):
From an outsiders point of view. With all the leagues that are having trouble filling I think this would set a bad precedent to give away a team that is already reserved by a long term owner. From now on who will be loyal to a league if a commish keeps giving away guys teams. So what if the owner hadn't checked in. His spot was paid for. And he wasn't there for start of season for some reason then his team would be the worse for it. And if he hadn't logged in by the time spring training came around then you could find a replacement. Finding an owner to take a free team is a lot easier than finding a paying owner I'm sure. The point being is his spot was paid for. Just my point of view.
From a commissioner's point of view, I don't want to roll with a "dead" team. Some pretty important stuff happens before ST. For the good of the world, you want 32 active owners each season. As tec said, people disappear from this site. Owner in question had 1 team on WifS.

In this case, someone took the team, old owner contacted the commish, commish asked new owner to give it back, new owner complied, the world waited 3+ days for old owner to retake his team, old owner couldn't be bothered with it during those 3+ days even though he knew 31 owners were waiting for him, new owner was given team back, almost immediately old owner suddenly has time again.

Sometimes people just jerk you around on the internet. Not saying this is the case but it seems odd that he had no time for 3+ days and once the team is reclaimed, he checks in.

11/17/2016 8:39 AM
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 8:39:00 AM (view original):

Nope.

Stop trying to detract from the point of this. You go on like I haven't been waiting since August to play. Stop making out like I haven't been waiting just as long. And there are no league mates of 8,5 years as I am the only person that has played every season in the league.
Stop avoiding the simple question.

You knew 31 people were waiting for you. Are you saying you didn't have 1 free minute for 3 days to reclaim your team?
11/17/2016 8:41 AM
Again. You pigeonholing me as someone that jerks people around on the internet, yet I have absolutely no history of doing this whatsoever. Going back to anyone in here that played Shootclub back in the day (I was introduced to this site from there). I apologise that this site is not my life and I had real things to do on Monday and Tuesday. Like, run a blog that gets 200k views a month, host a podcast, appear on live TV once a week, guest on radio shows twice a week, write for a newspaper etc etc But the point is mute - the world has still not filled and the only thing holding it up now is my team not being given back to me as it should be.
11/17/2016 8:45 AM
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 8:35:00 AM (view original):

Oooh look, forum friends with ten of thousands of posts are wading in and sticking up for their fellow tens of thousands of posts forum friends.

Utter nonsense! An email NOTIFICATION is sent out when the world has rolled. Again, tell me what I am checking back for? To see the commish say over and over "please be patient, I am working on filling the world." There is no reason for me to check back. My team was secured and I was waiting for the world to roll. End of.
Again, you're missing the point. I guess because you don't like accepting responsibility for your own mistakes.

You had not checked it to the world for a month. You were replaced because, according to WIS guidelines, you had abandoned your team.

Rather than accept even the slightest bit of accountability for this, you play the victim in the forums and become argumentative with anybody who DARES to say "Gee, maybe you could have, or should have, done something differently."

"There is no reason for me to check back." In retrospect, maybe there was?
11/17/2016 8:46 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/17/2016 8:41:00 AM (view original):

Nope.

You knew 31 people were waiting for you. Are you saying you didn't have 1 free minute for 3 days to reclaim your team?
31 people are waiting on my team being given back to me.
11/17/2016 8:46 AM
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 8:46:00 AM (view original):

Nope.

Sounds like we moved on.
11/17/2016 8:48 AM
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Again. You pigeonholing me as someone that jerks people around on the internet, yet I have absolutely no history of doing this whatsoever. Going back to anyone in here that played Shootclub back in the day (I was introduced to this site from there). I apologise that this site is not my life and I had real things to do on Monday and Tuesday. Like, run a blog that gets 200k views a month, host a podcast, appear on live TV once a week, guest on radio shows twice a week, write for a newspaper etc etc But the point is mute - the world has still not filled and the only thing holding it up now is my team not being given back to me as it should be.
You're a busy man. You don't have time for silly internet games.

Or arguing on the internet. Right?
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 8:46:00 AM (view original):

Nope.

Sounds like it's not your team anymore, since you abandoned it by not checking in for a month.
Posted by tecwrg on 11/17/2016 8:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rnce on 11/17/2016 8:35:00 AM (view original):

Again, you're missing the point. I guess because you don't like accepting responsibility for your own mistakes.

You had not checked it to the world for a month. You were replaced because, according to WIS guidelines, you had abandoned your team.

Rather than accept even the slightest bit of accountability for this, you play the victim in the forums and become argumentative with anybody who DARES to say "Gee, maybe you could have, or should have, done something differently."

"There is no reason for me to check back." In retrospect, maybe there was?
"I guess you don't like accepting responsibility for your own mistakes" Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Do you need me to explain to you what a NOTIFICATION is? You know, the notification that the site sends out to tell you that the world is ready to roll?

"Notification: the action of notifying someone or something." - I was waiting to be notified by a system that the site has in place to let people know when it is time to check back.

With retrospect, if I had known that my reserved team was going to be taken away from me, yes, I would have checked in every day and posted in the message board something like "Dont worry commish, I've been her 8 years, I know how long it can take. You're doing a great job."
11/17/2016 8:52 AM
Here's what I recommend.

Contact the owner who has "your" team. Ask him if he's willing to give it to you. If he says "Yes", contact the commissioner and ask him if you can rejoin the world. If he says "Yes", problem solved. If either say "No", and I wouldn't blame either of them after this fiasco, well, here we are.
11/17/2016 8:53 AM
Do you understand that not checking in to a world for over 14 days constitutes an abandonment, and you can lose your team?
11/17/2016 8:54 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
8.5 years and 31 season taken away Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.