Someone on here needs to apply.. Topic

I'd like recruiting to be tweaked but I'm happy to leave it as is. There are other things I'd like to see done instead.
2/7/2017 8:55 PM
Actually, the game is pretty good right now IMO. If they made some small changes, I think it would improve the experience...but overall...I think it is the best engine I have experienced.
2/7/2017 9:11 PM
I dont really see an argument for recruiting the way it is. What is great about the recruiting system? It is a very basic system that should eventually be updated no matter how afraid people are of it breaking.
2/7/2017 9:40 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 2/7/2017 8:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 2/7/2017 8:12:00 PM (view original):
I like recruiting just the way it is. Not in favor of change .
I hope GD reads this. Recruiting should definitely be left alone. There are many other areas where they can focus on technical upgrades.
100% agree
2/7/2017 10:19 PM
Posted by genuvar on 2/7/2017 9:40:00 PM (view original):
I dont really see an argument for recruiting the way it is. What is great about the recruiting system? It is a very basic system that should eventually be updated no matter how afraid people are of it breaking.
Priorities. You fix the engine of your car before worrying about upgrading the am/fm radio
2/7/2017 10:21 PM
Oh, I don't think it's that great of a system. But it's well-understood and it works as an approximation of real-life.

My whole perspective is, it can get A LOT WORSE from here. There is a precedent there. In fact, I think it's way more likely they'd mess it up, than it is that they'd improve it.

So let's leave well enough alone.
2/7/2017 11:08 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 2/7/2017 10:21:00 PM (view original):
Priorities. You fix the engine of your car before worrying about upgrading the am/fm radio
Depends on your needs. If you don't plan on driving the car anywhere atleast you could have a nice radio.
2/7/2017 11:08 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 2/7/2017 11:08:00 PM (view original):
Oh, I don't think it's that great of a system. But it's well-understood and it works as an approximation of real-life.

My whole perspective is, it can get A LOT WORSE from here. There is a precedent there. In fact, I think it's way more likely they'd mess it up, than it is that they'd improve it.

So let's leave well enough alone.
Im not getting my hopes up anyway.. its been almost 3 years since we have heard from a developer.
2/7/2017 11:13 PM
Personally, I'm not in favor of any changes to the game, other than cosmetics - extra stats and such.
2/8/2017 11:21 AM
Posted by gt_deuce on 2/7/2017 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by genuvar on 2/7/2017 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Suggested something similar for GD awhile back.. it would be nice to get an upgrade on recruiting
Recruiting works pretty well right now, I'd say. I'd like for that to remain the case and not get GD2.0'd.
100% agree
2/8/2017 12:13 PM
What does everyone think of the length of time recruiting takes? I personally think it could be cut down a good bit. There is too much down time in a season
2/8/2017 4:38 PM
Posted by coachoatie on 2/8/2017 4:38:00 PM (view original):
What does everyone think of the length of time recruiting takes? I personally think it could be cut down a good bit. There is too much down time in a season
Part of the reason it's so long is to maintain the same Day-of-the-Week for recruiting to start. That is a big deal to some people (myself included), who choose their worlds solely based on the day recruiting starts.

That said, I think they could try to do a few *small* things to fill the time productively:

- Intra-squad exhibition games (with no growth associated), visible only to yourself, to aid in gameplanning
- Show two seasons worth of recruits at a time; Only actively scout/recruit the present one, but allow for early data collection of next season's class
2/8/2017 5:05 PM
You guys that love it are established coaches. Talk to some new coaches in empty worlds where there are sims on every single recruit and like 3 undecided recruits to fight over. If this is as good as it gets, keep recruiting the way it is. If you would like some new coaches to stick around and maybe populate the worlds, nothing should be off the table in terms of potential improvements.
2/8/2017 5:35 PM
I agree very much with gt's ideas. One test intra-squad game a day would be great. For those that take advantage of the function it would also help in player ratings growth. I'm not a proponent of unlimited test games.

Two things that I would also like to see is doubling of the number of red shirts we can have. I find that with the present 3 RS's that I still have 3-4 players a season that rarely see the field. I would love to be able to RS them. I think this would also help to even the playing field and make the talent gaps even closer for the coaches that utilize it. The other thing I would like to see is that a recruit be placed on the teams roster as soon as he signs

As for changing recruiting, I would also believe that WIS would muff it up. I think it has grown static. But the option could be that they ruin it. Imo they wrecked the recruiting in HD. I would every so often pick up a team and would enjoy recruiting and building a roster even though I was a mediocre HD player at best. But with the last overhaul I will not be spending another cent on HD. It was by and large a recruiting update, and if it was enacted into GD I would for sure quit the game all together.
2/8/2017 6:01 PM (edited)
Posted by genuvar on 2/7/2017 7:22:00 PM (view original):
I guess I dont enjoy recruiting as much as you guys :).. its almost my least favorite aspect with how its designed
nope, i definitely agree. HD recruiting is definitely better. this one DRAGS.....badly. i have my entire class signed by saturday and then just sit around idly for 4 days.
2/8/2017 8:49 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Someone on here needs to apply.. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.