Four Way Battle Topic

Just as long as your post. If MikeT can't argue anything back he just finds away to disrupt the topic again with some low effort troll comment
2/28/2017 2:58 PM
Not comparing post length. Just telling you that you're not interesting and not worth my time. I'm sure you think your words are important but you've given me no reason to believe it. Are you going to tell us how recruiting should work or not?
2/28/2017 3:03 PM
Posted by 0nly on 2/28/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
And according you and your all knowing HD powers what are you supposed to do since you have all this HD knowledge and love lecturing people about how they aren't playing the game right.

So if you cant go all in on your first option because according to you thats bad, and your 2-10th options are all taken and the 11th option is a 70 year old in a wheel chair do you just call it quits take the walkon and hope you get lucky next season?
Important words or simple trolling? Up until this post, there was discussion. You killed it.
2/28/2017 3:05 PM
Posted by 0nly on 2/28/2017 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Nah your just telling people no matter what they do they are doing it wrong, without giving advice other that whatever you did you did it wrong

Lose 1st option putting everything in max preferences 74-26, MikeT "Wrong"

Lose 1st option and then your 5th option, MikeT "Wrong"

Give up and try to just sign 3rd and 4th options lose both VH-H, MikeT "Wrong"

Win battle 32-68 and sign 2 more guys like that. MikeT "Wow you really know how to play the game"

Important or trolling? I assume you know you're a troll and I'm feeding your by bothering to respond. But, as you might have noticed, I don't mind posting.
2/28/2017 3:06 PM
Tells me I'm not worth his time yet has continued to respond to me for over 30 minutes. With at least 1 off topic insult, multiple times gives up and says he won't read my post while continuing to respond and multiple attempts to change the subject

2/28/2017 3:06 PM
You don't even have a team. Why are you here?

I read your two line posts. It's the long-winded ones that bore me.
2/28/2017 3:10 PM
Changing the subject again?
2/28/2017 3:11 PM
You're getting good at being brief? There's a subject? I thought that stopped when you arrived with your troll rake.

Why are you here? No teams. That's a sure sign of trolls.
2/28/2017 3:14 PM
Takes a troll to know a troll.
2/28/2017 3:16 PM
Back to the topic, I think it's clear, given the OP of the thread that TJ is not complaining, but rather posting battle info. There was a thread dedicated to battle numbers (here - https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=499912), but it's a few pages back now, so he probably just used my forums to easily pull this one. And as he says, 4 team battles are rare, and of particular interest, I think. Mike is right that these usually get posted in the context of misguided complaints about 3.0. But in this case, he was wrong about TJ. Glad that's settled.

Valuable commodities should be battled for. Start with that premise, because if you don't agree, then a multi-player, shared universe sports simulation is not your game. From there, as Mike alludes to, 3.0 is like Westworld, where "all you do is make choices". Those choices all have consequences, and of course none exist in a vacuum. Many viable strategies to approach team building are now in play. You can be risk averse, but you're going to have to spend a *lot* of time in scouting and recruiting to get championship caliber players that way. You can go all in on as many top recruits as your resources allow, but if you shoot high, you will get challenged for them, and you'll probably lose roughly half the battles you engage. So you have to either be willing to take walkons, or find other ways to get useful placeholders, role players and projects to fill out your team.
2/28/2017 3:50 PM
I haven't come across too many 4 team battles when looking through top 100 results.

I found 5 battles with VH v VH v H v H. The H team won 3 out of the 5.
3 battles with VH v VH v VH v H. The VH won all 3.
2 battles with VH v H v H v H. H won once

However, I don't track when all teams are VH but I've seen that come up a few times. Usually it's 4 SIM teams or 3 sims and 1 human.
2/28/2017 4:06 PM
I think the more important question is: if I would like to be able to get to the skill level of being able to go 10-10 in DIII what would I have to do? Is their anyone in this thread that has achieved the great accomplishment that can give me some guidance?
2/28/2017 4:09 PM
Posted by Benis on 2/28/2017 4:06:00 PM (view original):
I haven't come across too many 4 team battles when looking through top 100 results.

I found 5 battles with VH v VH v H v H. The H team won 3 out of the 5.
3 battles with VH v VH v VH v H. The VH won all 3.
2 battles with VH v H v H v H. H won once

However, I don't track when all teams are VH but I've seen that come up a few times. Usually it's 4 SIM teams or 3 sims and 1 human.
You forgot to list the VH vs VH vs VH vs H vs H with the high winining :-)
2/28/2017 4:12 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 2/28/2017 12:42:00 PM (view original):
And don't tell me the trick is to not get into battles, because 1. That is near impossible, and 2. That's not how you win in this game. I could easily sign 12 freshman every period, they would all suck and my team would suck but I could sign them without a battle .
I'm going to tell you the trick is to not get into battles. Same as HD2.0. I've won a bunch. The key is not get into battles for good players....find the good players no one else values.
2/28/2017 4:25 PM
Posted by all2matt on 2/28/2017 4:09:00 PM (view original):
I think the more important question is: if I would like to be able to get to the skill level of being able to go 10-10 in DIII what would I have to do? Is their anyone in this thread that has achieved the great accomplishment that can give me some guidance?
I'd respond to your nonsense, in kind, but you'd report me like the crybaby you are.

I've not told anyone how to play. Or how to win. But a lot of you guys have problems with math and probabilities. And risk aversion. In fact, I'm not 100% certain many of you understand the meaning of risk/reward or how when you lose, you don't get compensated. Or that you're not the only person playing the game.

Now run along, whineboy.
2/28/2017 4:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...21 Next ▸
Four Way Battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.