Four Way Battle Topic

Kentucky 39 % VH
Penn State 35 % VH
Purdue 26 % VH

The guard signed with Purdue. Someone tell me why this isn't luck, and if it's strategy, how so. What did Kentucky and PSU (my team) had to do strategy-wise. I used 80 ap, every cycle, offered 25 minutes + start and used all hvs and the cv... Now, what's my next step?
3/1/2017 8:09 AM
You do understand that Kentucky/PSU's 74% chance of winning also means a 26% chance of losing, right?
3/1/2017 8:14 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/1/2017 7:28:00 AM (view original):
What's with you always talking about picking up chicks in a bar with HD?
If what you're doing doesn't help you with the ladies, it's not very important. Duh.
3/1/2017 8:16 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/1/2017 8:14:00 AM (view original):
You do understand that Kentucky/PSU's 74% chance of winning also means a 26% chance of losing, right?
No. Maths is hard for some people. Probabilities are beyond their scope of comprehension.
3/1/2017 8:17 AM
Yeah. I understand but once you are in it, it comes down to luck. And the two teams that lost are left without the resources and more than anything the ap efforts from all the previous cycle. The outcome is not strategy. Both teams won't be able to fill schollies with D1 worthy player . So what's the strat?
3/1/2017 8:19 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:09:00 AM (view original):
Kentucky 39 % VH
Penn State 35 % VH
Purdue 26 % VH

The guard signed with Purdue. Someone tell me why this isn't luck, and if it's strategy, how so. What did Kentucky and PSU (my team) had to do strategy-wise. I used 80 ap, every cycle, offered 25 minutes + start and used all hvs and the cv... Now, what's my next step?
Start a GoFundMe account because you spent all your money on a lottery ticket and can't pay your bills.
3/1/2017 8:19 AM
Mike : come up with a strat to recuperate or to avoid it or to lock-in that recruit. Or stop talking.
3/1/2017 8:20 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:19:00 AM (view original):
Yeah. I understand but once you are in it, it comes down to luck. And the two teams that lost are left without the resources and more than anything the ap efforts from all the previous cycle. The outcome is not strategy. Both teams won't be able to fill schollies with D1 worthy player . So what's the strat?
You took a risk. It didn't pay off. Sometimes they do. That's life.
3/1/2017 8:20 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:20:00 AM (view original):
Mike : come up with a strat to recuperate or to avoid it or to lock-in that recruit. Or stop talking.
Or, conversely, you tell me what should happen when you go all in on a battle and lose. Or stop talking.
3/1/2017 8:21 AM
Theoretically, let's say you have 5 targets. You decide #1 on the list is the one you really want and put all your resources in. What should happen with 2-5? Should everyone else who's playing the game wait until your battle is decided before going after them? What, exactly, is your solution or, barring not having one, what should happen when you lose a battle?
3/1/2017 8:23 AM
Mike : all guards are contested that way... Tell me a strat... You do not know how it works. Check my PSU team and the guards I sheltered because it's all battles. I am in another one now... Nothing but wait and luck. Even was on a weaker guard, a guard to develop, two humans are there. What's the strat? And I can't do more than three rolls, not sure I will have enough for the third one. So what's the strat?
3/1/2017 8:25 AM
I'll compare it to the "more, better players" cry that went thru HBD a few years back. That would have led to fewer FA "battles". After all, if you can't get an 80, a 79 isn't a bad 2nd option. My answer was "If the current average player is 70, more better players are created and the average becomes 75, how does that change things? Average is still average. You've just moved the bar for a .275 hitter."
3/1/2017 8:26 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/1/2017 8:25:00 AM (view original):
Mike : all guards are contested that way... Tell me a strat... You do not know how it works. Check my PSU team and the guards I sheltered because it's all battles. I am in another one now... Nothing but wait and luck. Even was on a weaker guard, a guard to develop, two humans are there. What's the strat? And I can't do more than three rolls, not sure I will have enough for the third one. So what's the strat?
What do YOU think should happen when you lose a battle? Do you think you should be gifted a good 2nd option?
3/1/2017 8:27 AM
I know how it works. I do it in Clemson too. There is no strat. It's luck or faith.
3/1/2017 8:27 AM
I think Vh to vh only. So that lost is allright. Half the resources spent given back. Nothing to do for ap... lost.
3/1/2017 8:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...21 Next ▸
Four Way Battle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.