Finding EE decisions Topic

I really don't think its intentional.

if you're going to intentionally hide this info then why would you still put it on the news feed for people to find if they are diligent enough.

Most likely scenario is that they didn't really think of it because previously it didn't really matter.
3/22/2017 6:02 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/22/2017 6:02:00 AM (view original):

if you're going to intentionally hide this info then why would you still put it on the news feed for people to find if they are diligent enough.

Most likely scenario is that they didn't really think of it because previously it didn't really matter.
I concur, don't think it was intentional, probably was just an issue they never encountered before
3/22/2017 6:34 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/22/2017 6:02:00 AM (view original):

As I said, I don't know if it's intentional or not, and that really doesn't matter. What matters is why people want the information in easy form, and what the implications would be on gameplay.
3/22/2017 9:21 AM
I think it's pretty obvious why people want the info.
3/22/2017 9:36 AM
I'm pretty much indifferent. But since teams with EEs are already beaten up enough, I think we can throw them a bone.
3/22/2017 9:40 AM
If the "bone" will enable teams with early entries to scare off challengers with their coming influx of scholarship resources so they can snowball their way to dominant classes, that's not a bone I'm going to support throwing.
3/22/2017 10:21 AM
Posted by shoe3 on 3/22/2017 10:21:00 AM (view original):
If the "bone" will enable teams with early entries to scare off challengers with their coming influx of scholarship resources so they can snowball their way to dominant classes, that's not a bone I'm going to support throwing.
I was saying keeping it hidden would benefit EE teams.
3/22/2017 10:25 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/22/2017 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 3/22/2017 10:21:00 AM (view original):
I was saying keeping it hidden would benefit EE teams.
Does it? Keeping it hidden does allow them to use the sniper approach more effectively, so I agree to that extent. But on the whole, I suspect the big gameplay implication would be fewer second session battles, which tends to benefit higher prestige teams.
3/22/2017 10:35 AM
And I think you're overly exaggerating the impact that would have. By this point in the 2nd session, a lot of teams are already deeply invested. Im not sure how much of an advantage it is to scare off others. If there wasn't a cap then I'd be more inclined to agree. But there is.
3/22/2017 10:47 AM
i just think it's dumb information to hide. i mean, you put it in everyone's news, then hide it away the next day. why? there's no way this was on purpose. as someone noted, it's an artifact from HD2 when it didn't matter at all.
3/22/2017 12:00 PM
As a coach which is hit with EEs every season, are some of you guys serious?

No other coach is sitting there asking "how many EEs did UCLA get hit with to decide if I should battle him?" and that hiding that information would actually benefit that other coach (if anything it benefits me to hide that information).

Look it is the coaches that get hit with EEs that is trying to find recruits to pick up to fill slots and when we do start recruiting replacements in R2 to replace those EEs, the coaches already on that recruit would "benefit" knowing how much extra $$$$ we got due to the number of EEs (keeping them in the dark isn't the way to help them by the way).

Some of you guys are so blinded by the EE issue you think we get handed these so called "elite" recruits with no battles what so ever and if we do win them fairly, we still should get punished multiple times over.
3/22/2017 12:06 PM
I'm with benis. I think it would benefit teams hit with EE if it's harder info to get. If I'm in a battle with 1 scholly UCLA, I know they can put 40 AP into a recruit. If they get 2 EE, and I know it, I now know they can put 80 AP on a player. If I only have 40, would I want to stay in that fight?
3/22/2017 12:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):
I'm with benis. I think it would benefit teams hit with EE if it's harder info to get. If I'm in a battle with 1 scholly UCLA, I know they can put 40 AP into a recruit. If they get 2 EE, and I know it, I now know they can put 80 AP on a player. If I only have 40, would I want to stay in that fight?
I'm guessing some coaches think that if you are left in the dark about my EEs that you would stay in the battle instead of going elsewhere (like attacking some other non-elite school's recruit which is why I think some of these coaches are advocating to keep this info hidden).

If WIS decides to switch the outlook on the Draft Big Board to include "Declared" as one of the options... /shrug.
3/22/2017 12:24 PM
If I didn't know, I likely would stay in the battle because I'd think we're both maxing out our 40 AP, 20 HV, 1 CV and promises. If I did know, I'd be tempted to look elsewhere because I know you're putting in(or could put in) twice the AP. I think lack of knowledge is a win for EE teams.

I really think the less we know about one another's resources, the better. UNC has no idea what sort of effort Duke is putting into a player in the real world. In HD, we know EXACTLY how much another user can put into a recruit.
3/22/2017 12:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2017 12:54:00 PM (view original):
If I didn't know, I likely would stay in the battle because I'd think we're both maxing out our 40 AP, 20 HV, 1 CV and promises. If I did know, I'd be tempted to look elsewhere because I know you're putting in(or could put in) twice the AP. I think lack of knowledge is a win for EE teams.

I really think the less we know about one another's resources, the better. UNC has no idea what sort of effort Duke is putting into a player in the real world. In HD, we know EXACTLY how much another user can put into a recruit.
Esp with caps. You know the max is 20 HVs and 1 CV. And 80 AP per cycle. Much easier to assess what they can and can't do.
3/22/2017 12:58 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Finding EE decisions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.