Moral Obligation? Topic

4/2/2017 7:49 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/2/2017 5:38:00 PM (view original):
Why is that weird? Would it be weird if it was a player from Korea or China? It's the same thing. he scouted Canada. For those not good with geography, Canada stretches from coast to coast. So why would it be weird for a team to scout Canada that is located on the East Coast?

But for real, that's basically what you're saying. You're saying that anyone who has a D1 ID and a D3 ID in the same world is cheating if they go for D1 international players. I think that it's a slippery slope as I mentioned before, but that doesn't mean that they are 100% cheating.
International scouting in 3.0 is the big potential cheat point. It's why I don't do it with ACU, even with Mexico sitting right there. Scouting a long distance international is cost prohibitive for D3. As someone who goes out of my way to avoid perceptions of misbehavior, this whole thread is both very disappointing, and entirely predictable.
4/2/2017 8:15 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 4/2/2017 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Why is that weird? Would it be weird if it was a player from Korea or China? It's the same thing. he scouted Canada. For those not good with geography, Canada stretches from coast to coast. So why would it be weird for a team to scout Canada that is located on the East Coast?

But for real, that's basically what you're saying. You're saying that anyone who has a D1 ID and a D3 ID in the same world is cheating if they go for D1 international players. I think that it's a slippery slope as I mentioned before, but that doesn't mean that they are 100% cheating.
International scouting in 3.0 is the big potential cheat point. It's why I don't do it with ACU, even with Mexico sitting right there. Scouting a long distance international is cost prohibitive for D3. As someone who goes out of my way to avoid perceptions of misbehavior, this whole thread is both very disappointing, and entirely predictable.
Yeah. It's an edge. I think I am picking up a D3 team in Phelan next season.
4/2/2017 8:17 PM
As best I can tell, only two people don't see a problem. The cheater and his pal.
4/2/2017 8:20 PM
Zorzii- I can't tell if you're joking or not about picking up another team.
4/2/2017 8:27 PM
Is the point that if you have 2 teams in one world then you're automatically a cheater?
4/2/2017 8:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/2/2017 5:34:00 PM (view original):
"I was keeping my eye on a player as a possible back-up option. About a day into recruiting a d3 school from the other side of the country (2000+ miles) shows up on the recruit. The problem: the D3 school is coached by a well known (not secret) second ID of a guy who as a D1 school close to my team."

Wow. What a weird thing to happen.
No, but this is a pretty good indication that you're a cheater.
4/2/2017 8:33 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 4/2/2017 8:15:00 PM (view original):

Shoe you have a guy on your team from NY. That state isn't too far from your Virginia team.

Awfully fishy.......
4/2/2017 8:35 PM
I'm not picking up a second team. I am trying to cut back and always get sucked into some sort of rebuilding. 3.0 is really against any sort of movement.
4/2/2017 8:42 PM
Shoe, I don't think you're cheating. But if what Only did is considered cheating then so are you.

So for you to say its disappointing and predictable is BS.
4/2/2017 8:43 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/2/2017 8:43:00 PM (view original):
Shoe, I don't think you're cheating. But if what Only did is considered cheating then so are you.

Check the stats, Sherlock. He's a juco. His hometown is irrelevant.
4/2/2017 8:43 PM
Facts are not important to benis. He's simply defending his buddy. Poorly but with gusto.
4/2/2017 8:46 PM
Wow - I find it really odd and disturbing that you continue to defend this Benis. What happened is clearly wrong and it doesn't matter whether it happened just this once or a hundred times. Do you understand the concept of ethics? It certainly doesn't look that way.
4/2/2017 8:52 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 4/2/2017 8:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 4/2/2017 8:43:00 PM (view original):

Check the stats, Sherlock. He's a juco. His hometown is irrelevant.
I stand corrected.
4/2/2017 8:53 PM
Posted by possumfiend on 4/2/2017 8:52:00 PM (view original):
Wow - I find it really odd and disturbing that you continue to defend this Benis. What happened is clearly wrong and it doesn't matter whether it happened just this once or a hundred times. Do you understand the concept of ethics? It certainly doesn't look that way.
It's an ethical problem. It could seem right cause the rule state it is, but when you look at what 3.0 changed, Scouting money to D3, the impossibility to see all players, you need to discover them, scouting internationals cost a bundle and money is scarse at 3.0...

D3 really trying to get solid D1 players since they can recruit them.

etc.
4/2/2017 8:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...15 Next ▸
Moral Obligation? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.