Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 4/22/2017 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Maybe that's because people sometimes only hear what they want to hear, and not what's actually being said or meant.

That's what you do ALL THE TIME in these forums.

Maybe the problem is on the part of the listener for making assumptions on what's being said that aren't necessarily correct.
Do you agree with this:

If, after 9/11, you said, "pray for New York," it would be ****** and dismissive to respond with "all cities need prayers."
4/22/2017 10:11 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/22/2017 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Maybe that's because people sometimes only hear what they want to hear, and not what's actually being said or meant.

Maybe the problem is on the part of the listener for making assumptions on what's being said that aren't necessarily correct.
Do you agree with this:

If, after 9/11, you said, "pray for New York," it would be ****** and dismissive to respond with "all cities need prayers."
What part of "I'm not getting pulled into one of your bullshit distraction side-arguments." is confusing you?
4/22/2017 10:18 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/21/2017 4:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/21/2017 4:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/21/2017 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/21/2017 4:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/21/2017 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 4/21/2017 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/21/2017 2:42:00 PM (view original):
When you hear someone say black lives matter, what do you think they mean?
The biggest problem with the BLM movement is the total lack of rationality and consistency. They treat every case where a black person dies at the hands of police equally. And they're not all equal. Some are killed by black cops. Some are killed by white cops, with black police chiefs saying it was justifiable. Some of them just plain deserved it. When a black man dies at the hands of a black cop and those cops get targeted too, then it just becomes an excuse to further an anti-police agenda - it's no longer about race at that point.

There are some pretty serious cases of cops unjustly gunning down black men (Walter Scott, Eric Garner, etc.), and those cases should be protested and brought to light. But when you lump that in with a case where a black guy points a loaded gun at, or attacks a cop and gets shot for his efforts, you lose all credibility. Case and point - Michael Brown, the one who started the recent movement. There is video footage of him committing a violent crime shortly before being killed, and there were witnesses saying he jumped the cop and tried to get his gun. But of course all you hear from his family is what an angel he was and how he didn't deserve it, and then they burn down a city. Do you think that's going to get people to take your cause seriously?
Ok, but away from the individual situations (I agree that there are times when the shooting is both justifiable and right), what's the problem with someone saying black lives matter?
What's the problem with saying "all lives matter"?
In a vacuum, nothing. As a response to someone saying "black lives matter," it's dismissive at best.

Someone is saying, "hey, here's a problem with the way society treats black people." And you're responding with, "everyone should be treated the same, why bring race into it?"
Is that what you think somebody means when they say "all lives matter"? That they are being dismissive?
Let's pretend for a few minutes, just for ***** and giggles, that there are other minority groups in the US today that are subjected to hostile treatment. Let's say, oh I don't know, let's say Muslims. We know that they are being treated with the utmost respect in Trump's Amerika today, but for the sake of this theoretical exercise, let's say they're not.

Which "movement", or way of thinking, is more likely to be more supportive or inclusive of Muslims: BLM, or ALM?
You didn't answer this.
4/22/2017 10:19 AM
Dummy, if you aren't going to answer my questions, I'm not going to answer yours.

Why do you keep keep coming back if you don't want to participate?
4/22/2017 10:22 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/22/2017 10:11:00 AM (view original):

Do you agree with this:

Why would anyone be offended? I say Merry Christmas. Others say Happy Holidays. Big deal.
4/22/2017 10:34 AM
I'm staying focused on ALM. You're trying to go elsewhere. I'm not following along.
4/22/2017 10:40 AM
BL - Why do you feel everyone needs to support the BLM cause? Or any cause. Most Americans feel BLM is a ridiculous movement because they only care about a handful of unarmed thugs getting shot by white cops for resisting arrest, then when that narrative didn't work it became all cops. Until BLM ACTUALLY cares about the tens of thousands of blacks getting shot by other blacks each year they will continue to be a joke to most of America and we'll continue to not give a **** if we're dismissive and/or offensive to BLM believers.
4/22/2017 10:40 AM
I'm thankful to BLM everyday! It's their antics that helped Trump win over the police union and the voters.
4/22/2017 10:49 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/22/2017 10:40:00 AM (view original):
I'm staying focused on ALM. You're trying to go elsewhere. I'm not following along.
Sorry, but you don't get to decide to limit the scope of the discussion to only a part of the issue. ALM and BLM are tied together. If you can't handle that, door's on the left.
4/22/2017 10:57 AM
Posted by moy23 on 4/22/2017 10:40:00 AM (view original):
BL - Why do you feel everyone needs to support the BLM cause? Or any cause. Most Americans feel BLM is a ridiculous movement because they only care about a handful of unarmed thugs getting shot by white cops for resisting arrest, then when that narrative didn't work it became all cops. Until BLM ACTUALLY cares about the tens of thousands of blacks getting shot by other blacks each year they will continue to be a joke to most of America and we'll continue to not give a **** if we're dismissive and/or offensive to BLM believers.
You certainly are a Trump supporter.
4/22/2017 10:58 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/22/2017 10:58:00 AM (view original):
Comments like that are what got Trump elected. Maybe one day your small mind will grasp that you don't have all the answers and people may actually have rational reasons for disagreeing with you.
4/22/2017 11:00 AM
I'm a supporter of FOLLOWING THE LAW. Almost every BLM poster child had a mile long rap sheet and was shot resisting arrest (which is illegal). I'm also a supporter of ENFORCING THE LAW. I don't care who the president is as long as those two things are happening.
4/22/2017 11:01 AM
I would be sympathetic to BLM if they really cared about black lives. They have not demonstrated that they do. They should be demanding Rahm Emmanuel do something about the 9, 10, 11 year old black kids getting gunned down in Chicago. That's truly horrific and sad.
4/22/2017 11:06 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 4/22/2017 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Comments like that are what got Trump elected. Maybe one day your small mind will grasp that you don't have all the answers and people may actually have rational reasons for disagreeing with you.
What is it about my comment that you object to?
4/22/2017 11:06 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/22/2017 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/22/2017 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Sorry, but you don't get to decide to limit the scope of the discussion to only a part of the issue. ALM and BLM are tied together. If you can't handle that, door's on the left.
Typical BL.

Can't defend his position, tries to deflect the discussion in a different direction, gets all huffy when others refuse to play along.
4/22/2017 11:21 AM
◂ Prev 1...155|156|157|158|159...1096 Next ▸
Trump: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.