Wilkinson Central 131 Topic

Posted by ebel331 on 5/7/2017 8:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by huskerfan26 on 5/7/2017 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Third time is the charm for me to get all the games right

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/single-post/2017/05/07/Maze-Bowl-Vol-3
Before anyone takes the hard sales pitch on the Texas Tech job... Texas recruits look pretty naked this season... It's gonna be a bloodbath in the Lone Star State...
Me and my 17 scholarships will be looking to spill some blood in Texas this season. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
5/7/2017 9:01 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 5/6/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Here's an ongoing look at the current job security statuses at D1, as I did last season as well:

In Jeopardy:
1. Missouri- Plays Syracuse (coached by yours truly) in a L2 bowl, which will make or break this job.
2. Baylor- Excellent season, currently ranked #14, playing in a L4 bowl. He should go up to LTNJ with a loss, and Secure if he wins.
3. Connecticut- 3-10 on the season so this job will be open. One of the better non-elite jobs in the game, so this is a significant opening.
4. Washington- Made a L3 bowl but has the misfortune of playing Notre Dame. If Washington wins they will move up to LTNJ or Secure, if they lose no telling what happens.

Little to No Jeopardy:
North Carolina- Won a L1 bowl. Will probably stay at LTNJ I would think.
Kansas St.- Didn't make a bowl game, will drop to In Jeopardy.
Temple- Won a L1 bowl, hard to say if they will improve status or stay the same. Needs to improve scheduling (elites + SIMs = oops!) to stick around longterm.
West Virginia- Really good team that isn't scared to schedule elites and hang with them. Squeaked into a L3 bowl and was rewarded by drawing Florida. Will probably drop in status if they lose, will certainly improve if they win.
Notre Dame- In a L3 bowl vs. Washington as previously mentioned. Had the misfortune of playing 6 SIMs in conference that kills the SOS, but also lost to Stanford and WVU. They beat their bitter rival PSU this season though, so I think CFBFan would deem this season a success. Should drop to In Jeopardy with a loss, probably improve with a win?
Wisconsin- Playing in a L2 bowl, should drop if they lose, maintain or improve if they win.
Minnesota- Got screwed last season winning a L3 and only maintaining status. This year gets a L2 matchup with fellow LTNJ Ole Miss.
Arizona- Lost their L1 bowl, so should drop to In Jeopardy.
Ole Miss- Playing Minnesota in a L2 bowl as previously mentioned. Loser drops to In Jeopardy, winner might move up to Secure.
Georgia- Having a good season, currently ranked #25. Playing Colorado St. in a L3 bowl. Losing that game might drop them to In Jeopardy, hard to say though.

High Stakes Games:
Washington (In Jeopardy) vs. Notre Dame (LTNJ)
Minnesota (LTNJ) vs. Ole Miss (LTNJ)
It will be interesting if the firing/job status logic is the same this season. Last season everyone gained job status by winning any bowl.

(North Carolina went from in jeopardy to LTNJ by winning the Tangerine Bowl last season.. the same one they won this season.)
5/7/2017 10:37 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been discussed. If it has, I apologize for missing it. Pete went 11-2 and didn't make a bowl. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before. Unreal.
5/8/2017 7:41 PM
Posted by cjsweat on 5/8/2017 7:41:00 PM (view original):
I can't believe this hasn't been discussed. If it has, I apologize for missing it. Pete went 11-2 and didn't make a bowl. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before. Unreal.
I was discussing it with someone a couple days ago. It doesn't make sense to me. Hawaii was ranked #59 at 11-2 and didn't make a bowl while ECU was ranked #61 at 7-6 and did make a bowl.
5/8/2017 7:49 PM
A lot of weird things took place in getting into bowls this year. Aggies somehow made a level 4 bowl

It is the penultimate Bowl Maze

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/single-post/2017/05/08/Maze-Bowl-Vol-4
5/8/2017 8:18 PM
Great write up again huskerfan! There has been a lot of great content almost nonstop on the blog this season.
5/8/2017 9:14 PM
Great write up Jag! I think your predictions are right on, but hoping that you're wrong on TS/Maine, lol.
5/8/2017 10:28 PM
Posted by blitziscomin on 5/7/2017 9:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ebel331 on 5/7/2017 8:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by huskerfan26 on 5/7/2017 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Third time is the charm for me to get all the games right

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/single-post/2017/05/07/Maze-Bowl-Vol-3
Before anyone takes the hard sales pitch on the Texas Tech job... Texas recruits look pretty naked this season... It's gonna be a bloodbath in the Lone Star State...
Me and my 17 scholarships will be looking to spill some blood in Texas this season. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
At first, it seems intimidating... then you realize we're all feeling the same pain.

I missed recruiting last go-round, and it's my favorite part of the game, so I can't wait!
5/9/2017 1:16 AM
Posted by z32fanatic on 5/6/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Here's an ongoing look at the current job security statuses at D1, as I did last season as well:

In Jeopardy:
1. Missouri- Plays Syracuse (coached by yours truly) in a L2 bowl, which will make or break this job.
2. Baylor- Excellent season, currently ranked #14, playing in a L4 bowl. He should go up to LTNJ with a loss, and Secure if he wins.
3. Connecticut- 3-10 on the season so this job will be open. One of the better non-elite jobs in the game, so this is a significant opening.
4. Washington- Made a L3 bowl but has the misfortune of playing Notre Dame. If Washington wins they will move up to LTNJ or Secure, if they lose no telling what happens.

Little to No Jeopardy:
North Carolina- Won a L1 bowl. Will probably stay at LTNJ I would think.
Kansas St.- Didn't make a bowl game, will drop to In Jeopardy.
Temple- Won a L1 bowl, hard to say if they will improve status or stay the same. Needs to improve scheduling (elites + SIMs = oops!) to stick around longterm.
West Virginia- Really good team that isn't scared to schedule elites and hang with them. Squeaked into a L3 bowl and was rewarded by drawing Florida. Will probably drop in status if they lose, will certainly improve if they win.
Notre Dame- In a L3 bowl vs. Washington as previously mentioned. Had the misfortune of playing 6 SIMs in conference that kills the SOS, but also lost to Stanford and WVU. They beat their bitter rival PSU this season though, so I think CFBFan would deem this season a success. Should drop to In Jeopardy with a loss, probably improve with a win?
Wisconsin- Playing in a L2 bowl, should drop if they lose, maintain or improve if they win.
Minnesota- Got screwed last season winning a L3 and only maintaining status. This year gets a L2 matchup with fellow LTNJ Ole Miss.
Arizona- Lost their L1 bowl, so should drop to In Jeopardy.
Ole Miss- Playing Minnesota in a L2 bowl as previously mentioned. Loser drops to In Jeopardy, winner might move up to Secure.
Georgia- Having a good season, currently ranked #25. Playing Colorado St. in a L3 bowl. Losing that game might drop them to In Jeopardy, hard to say though.

High Stakes Games:
Washington (In Jeopardy) vs. Notre Dame (LTNJ)
Minnesota (LTNJ) vs. Ole Miss (LTNJ)
Update

In Jeopardy:
Missouri- Won, should maintain or improve
Baylor- Lost, but should finish in the top 20 so should improve status
UConn- no change
Washington- Lost. This is probably the most up in the air status, no clue if they will maintain or not. My guess is fired, but he should be able to get the job back during the offseason even if he does get fired, as Washington is a tough place to play.

LTNJ:
North Carolina- Won. Not sure if they move up here, as Genuvar mentioned, if it's like last season they will go up to Secure.
Kansas St.- No change.
Temple- Won. Same situation as UNC, could move up, who knows.
Notre Dame- Won their L3 bowl, should move up to Secure, but may be different results because they're an elite.
West Virginia- Big win over Florida in their L3 bowl. Should move up to Secure, possibly Very Secure because they will finish Top 25 as well. Either way, things are looking up for Grunt.
Wisconsin- Beat Duke, same situation as UNC/Temple.
Minnesota- Won their L2 bowl, deserves to move up to Secure after not improving last season with a bowl win.
Arizona- Lost their L1 so should drop to In Jeopardy.
Ole Miss- Lost their L2 so will probably drop to In Jeopardy.
Georgia- Lost their L3, not sure what will happen here but will probably drop to In Jeopardy.

Predictions for statuses going into S122
Fired: UConn; Washington
In Jeopardy: Kansas St.; Missouri; Arizona; Ole Miss; Georgia
LTNJ: Baylor
Secure: North Carolina; Temple; Notre Dame; WVU; Wisconsin; Minnesota
5/9/2017 7:38 PM
Sorry it is pretty late but the write up for the national championship game is up. Check it http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/single-post/2017/05/09/Jabbering-JAG-1319-The-Championship-Game
5/9/2017 10:09 PM
Posted by awags on 5/8/2017 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cjsweat on 5/8/2017 7:41:00 PM (view original):
I was discussing it with someone a couple days ago. It doesn't make sense to me. Hawaii was ranked #59 at 11-2 and didn't make a bowl while ECU was ranked #61 at 7-6 and did make a bowl.
Im just guessing here.. but the only thing I can see is that it drew Boise State first and when it went to pair up it skipped Hawaii because it was also WAC and went to the next available (ECU). I cant figure out anything else that makes sense but I have never really paid attention to what happens with the last couple of bowl spots.

End up with 6 (or 7 is better) wins and inside the top 52 if you want to be safe-- that was my goal this season and it worked out.
5/10/2017 5:44 AM (edited)
Peeked around in a couple other worlds.. you are leaving your bowl chances to dumb luck if you are ranked worse then 52 (with enough wins) it seems like.
5/10/2017 5:57 AM (edited)
Got your eyes on DIAA, this final write-up for the season might shed some light on possible gigs. http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/single-post/2017/05/10/Jabbering-JAG-13110-Whats-Out-There
5/10/2017 4:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Wilkinson Central 131 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.