Are you willing to join D1 Rupp... Topic

Someone or a couple someone's need to become the banner carriers for this. You need some sort of interest kept for the next year or it dies a slow death. Nearly everyone can get to D2 in one season two at most. Organize a D2 challenge tourney for 3-4 seasons. Something to keep the interest up until folks begin to qualify for Low D1.
We did the D2 Mega-Bowl in Rupp back in "09-10" and it went for several seasons. Was lots of fun and had lots of participation. That is actually where Rupp-CUSA came from. Several of us moved up after the Mega-Bowl ended.
Lots of real life challenges take their toll on something like this if there's not an active person constantly working to offset the inevitable attrition.
6/9/2017 9:33 AM
I post a lot. Unless I die, or get banned, I'll be around. Perhaps users involved in this could use this thread to "log" their journey.

As in:

My third season at Lander-D2 is on the horizon.
1st season, with a ton of SIMAI crap, I managed 16-13, RPI 136, no post-season.
2nd season, with 7 of "my guys", I repeated 16-13. RPI 119, PI-one and done. I forgot to fully schedule non-con and was given some duds. Which I obviously needed.

As a side note, I "recruited" three users(a 4th failed to qualify for D2) to join us and the Peach Belt had six humans in S2.
6/9/2017 10:51 AM
I'll help Mike promote this the best I can. After all, I moved up to div 1, just because of this.
6/9/2017 7:21 PM
Looking forward to it. Hope it starts soon.
6/9/2017 7:31 PM
I'm a long time D3 coach in Rupp and I may try to jump directly to D1 after the upcoming season. Although I've never coached at D1 (or D2) before so maybe that's not the best route to take. I do like the idea of a full-ish world though...
6/9/2017 9:01 PM
Posted by mroylanc on 6/9/2017 9:01:00 PM (view original):
I'm a long time D3 coach in Rupp and I may try to jump directly to D1 after the upcoming season. Although I've never coached at D1 (or D2) before so maybe that's not the best route to take. I do like the idea of a full-ish world though...
DO IT!!!! Don't be scarred!(my accent, not misspelling)
6/10/2017 6:06 PM
Almost positive it's scurred in any accent.
6/10/2017 6:17 PM
Long time D3 coach, I made to jump straight to Richmond for my first try at D1.
6/10/2017 7:11 PM
Posted by teamrc on 6/9/2017 9:33:00 AM (view original):
Someone or a couple someone's need to become the banner carriers for this. You need some sort of interest kept for the next year or it dies a slow death. Nearly everyone can get to D2 in one season two at most. Organize a D2 challenge tourney for 3-4 seasons. Something to keep the interest up until folks begin to qualify for Low D1.
We did the D2 Mega-Bowl in Rupp back in "09-10" and it went for several seasons. Was lots of fun and had lots of participation. That is actually where Rupp-CUSA came from. Several of us moved up after the Mega-Bowl ended.
Lots of real life challenges take their toll on something like this if there's not an active person constantly working to offset the inevitable attrition.
I could get onboard with this with a tournament in DII to keep things fun. I played this game about 10 years ago in middle school and Rupp was the world I played in. So Id qualify for a DII school, but it's going to take a while to rebuild and qualify for DI.
6/10/2017 9:03 PM
Does anyone know how many are in D1 this year compared to last season? I think I can move up after this year.
6/10/2017 11:51 PM
I'd like to see the numbers too
6/11/2017 2:18 AM
Rupp rolls today with new coach signups to follow so shouldn't be too long before the numbers can be looked at.
6/11/2017 3:30 AM
104 D1 coaches when the world rolled-not sure what it was prior though.
6/11/2017 7:38 AM
4/22 94-79-74 D1-D3

http://i.imgur.com/qQWElAb.png
6/11/2017 7:44 AM
Just picked up a Rupp D3 team, hoping to join y'all in D1 in a few seasons.
6/11/2017 11:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...17 Next ▸
Are you willing to join D1 Rupp... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.