Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

I know one of the biggest issues everyone has is the requirements to get into D1.
What do you guys think if after your first intial D3 season everything was the same (all of D2 open and all of D3 open) except any D Prestige or lower D1 school is open for applications as well.

Major programs do not get past D+ without someone picking them up, most of them the farthest they get is C- so this wouldn't make it easy for anyone to pickup a big time job. However for a coach like me I'd rather take a D school in D1 instead of any school in D2. I just like D1 better it is a personal preference.

If this was the case I would easily pickup another world, I just don't want to go through the grind again to get to D1.

TLDR: Change job availability after your first coaching season to include D or D- Prestige schools in D1 as open to apply with auto accepting like D2 and D3.
9/19/2017 1:04 PM
There's something to be said about gaining experience on how the game works during the ascension to D1. While experienced users don't need it, new users do. Winning season at D3 and PI or NT appearance at D2 = D1 eligible would solve all problems. Experienced users would breeze thru in 2 seasons, new users would take longer but would get the required experience.
9/19/2017 1:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/19/2017 1:27:00 PM (view original):
There's something to be said about gaining experience on how the game works during the ascension to D1. While experienced users don't need it, new users do. Winning season at D3 and PI or NT appearance at D2 = D1 eligible would solve all problems. Experienced users would breeze thru in 2 seasons, new users would take longer but would get the required experience.
I agree definitely a lot is taken away from experience gain over a few seasons. However D and D- prestige D1 schools is a ghost town as it is. Adding new people by opening the gates may not be a bad thing. If you jump into D1 anyways I'm sure they would learn or leave like any other division.

I'd also lastly say team hopping to a decent D3 team and then to a B+ or better D2 team for an easy NT or PT experience can easily be done if the person is paying attention at all.
9/19/2017 1:33 PM
I also think that "universal" experience should play a part in the jobs process. A Coach with 5000 plus games in Iba (Just an example) should not be limited to D3 positions only if he decides to join Knight.
9/19/2017 1:41 PM
The problem with that is long-time users have the advantage of experience AND team availability. Of course, with 250+ open spots in virtually every D1, maybe that's not an issue I could argue and win.
9/19/2017 1:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/19/2017 1:48:00 PM (view original):
The problem with that is long-time users have the advantage of experience AND team availability. Of course, with 250+ open spots in virtually every D1, maybe that's not an issue I could argue and win.
Experienced users for sure will have an advantage for probably 10 some seasons on those new players. However adding more people to D1 I don't think can hurt anything. You still have to play 1 season in D3 before you can make that jump but it would be interesting to see low D Baseline conferences fully populated with potentially brand new users. Could you imagine how volatile that conference would be?
9/19/2017 2:40 PM
Posted by wvufan76 on 9/19/2017 1:41:00 PM (view original):
I also think that "universal" experience should play a part in the jobs process. A Coach with 5000 plus games in Iba (Just an example) should not be limited to D3 positions only if he decides to join Knight.
I've suggested this a few times. If you're qualified for D1 in any world then you're qualified for all worlds.
9/19/2017 2:45 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/19/2017 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wvufan76 on 9/19/2017 1:41:00 PM (view original):
I've suggested this a few times. If you're qualified for D1 in any world then you're qualified for all worlds.
This would be the best thing they could add. I believe your experience should translate across all worlds. Its the same game in every world no reason to make people restart.
9/19/2017 2:52 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 9/19/2017 1:05:00 PM (view original):
I know one of the biggest issues everyone has is the requirements to get into D1.
What do you guys think if after your first intial D3 season everything was the same (all of D2 open and all of D3 open) except any D Prestige or lower D1 school is open for applications as well.

Major programs do not get past D+ without someone picking them up, most of them the farthest they get is C- so this wouldn't make it easy for anyone to pickup a big time job. However for a coach like me I'd rather take a D school in D1 instead of any school in D2. I just like D1 better it is a personal preference.

If this was the case I would easily pickup another world, I just don't want to go through the grind again to get to D1.

TLDR: Change job availability after your first coaching season to include D or D- Prestige schools in D1 as open to apply with auto accepting like D2 and D3.
I like this concept, but only for D- / baseline D teams.

I don't like the oft-suggested idea that experience in one world should translate to a leg up in another world. This clearly isn't how the game was designed to work, and I shouldn't get to start at D1 in Naismith just because I made it to D1 in Tark. The idea is absurd.
9/19/2017 3:22 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/19/2017 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagger288 on 9/19/2017 1:05:00 PM (view original):

I like this concept, but only for D- / baseline D teams.

I don't like the oft-suggested idea that experience in one world should translate to a leg up in another world. This clearly isn't how the game was designed to work, and I shouldn't get to start at D1 in Naismith just because I made it to D1 in Tark. The idea is absurd.
Why absurd? I think you'd get more vets with more teams. They would be less likely to park at D3 (which should help noobs).
9/19/2017 3:40 PM
D1 for all who want it
9/19/2017 3:45 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 9/19/2017 3:45:00 PM (view original):
D1 for all who want it
not all teams, just D- and D baseline would work. I think D1 is way to restricted at this time.
9/19/2017 3:52 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 9/19/2017 3:52:00 PM (view original):
D1 for all who want it
not all teams, just D- and D baseline would work. I think D1 is way to restricted at this time.
Very few people sign up for HD with dreams of coaching in D2 for six months or more. This should have been a far bigger priority to address than a recruiting overhaul. Jobs remains THE major retention issue, as it has been for years
9/19/2017 3:59 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/19/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagger288 on 9/19/2017 3:52:00 PM (view original):
D1 for all who want it
Very few people sign up for HD with dreams of coaching in D2 for six months or more. This should have been a far bigger priority to address than a recruiting overhaul. Jobs remains THE major retention issue, as it has been for years
Agreed that's why if you open up the lowest tier of D1 it could work.
9/19/2017 4:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/19/2017 1:27:00 PM (view original):
Problem with this is a new user could easily cherry-pick a good D3 and D2 team, meet your requirements, and still not know a damn thing about the game. Having to prove yourself for a minimum of 4 seasons helps users gain some experience. (Yes, I realize you could cherry pick for 4 seasons, but it's less likely you'd be able to do that compared to just two seasons).
9/19/2017 5:02 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.