Successful position switches? Topic

this is informational. you're telling me WE is mostly related to playing time
11/1/2017 4:35 PM
Certainly I believe there is a tie. WE can increase without significant playing time, but it will definitely move with playing time.
11/1/2017 5:14 PM
WE increases with playing time. Slower increase as player approaches senior year. Also increases if you switch a Freshman player to another position and you don't have many of the new position already on the roster. What is not many ? Guess it might depend on the position ; not sure. I know in my prev example if you have 2 rbs then you can switch another position to rb and get increase in WE. Ive switched db's, lb's and WR to RB successfully. Other positions you will have to experiment.
Very Important Add On: If you Do recruit another position to convert to RB make sure you do not recruit any Other rb's . Then you will have too many and the WE of the convert will Drop.
11/2/2017 1:00 AM (edited)
the promise of playing time, no promise made

i like it if that's how it works
11/1/2017 7:12 PM
WE drop or increase for position changes is based on the make up of your roster. If have a large # of players at the position you are changing to WE will drop. The reverse is true, you can always see what the hit will be without having to commit to the change.
11/2/2017 2:43 PM
There are still a handful of viable changes that result in "stud" players. As mentioned a RS season goes a long way with switch players
11/2/2017 2:44 PM
I changed a RB to WR a few seasons ago and it seemed like a very natural change. And I don't think the Formation IQ went to 0. I will say I made the change his freshman season so perhaps it's better to do it when they're young.
11/2/2017 3:05 PM
Posted by pwiest on 11/2/2017 3:05:00 PM (view original):
I changed a RB to WR a few seasons ago and it seemed like a very natural change. And I don't think the Formation IQ went to 0. I will say I made the change his freshman season so perhaps it's better to do it when they're young.
According to the misleading theory that an off player to a def player or vice versa then the form iq starts at Zero(this is NOT true in my experience you get decent formation iq to start with), then your example of RB to WR wouldn't have change form iq anyway since they are both Off players.
11/2/2017 5:10 PM
I've noticed if you switch a DB to LB his speed can go past 80. I've seen where lb's top 80. My DB as LB is 90 speed.
11/2/2017 11:19 PM
Thanks for the info, guys!
11/3/2017 9:26 AM
I believe California recruits NEVER make good switches....
11/3/2017 1:50 PM
Anyone try to switch a kicker to punter and vice versa?
11/3/2017 9:58 PM
Bigpoppa, my understanding from what I've read here is that there's not much to gain from switching kickers and punters, but if you do, that a punter will transition better to kicker than vice versa. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Holdaway, I only venture into California for recruits if they have really hot girlfriends that they promise to bring with.
11/4/2017 11:39 AM
be careful

dirty ol men are goin outta style
11/4/2017 5:53 PM
It would be nice if WIS Programmers added an 'Athlete' category to recruiting like EA Sports NCAA Football used to have.

I always enjoyed recruiting a few of those guys and then finding out what their best position was going to be after I signed them.

Kind of like having a couple more presents to open the day after Christmas.
11/7/2017 1:52 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Successful position switches? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.