Posted by buddhagamer on 11/14/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by indiansrck27 on 11/14/2017 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Just my two cents, even if Buddha did not realize Snyder was a cut EE, him being able to have him is still wrong. Still an exploited glitch whether intentional or unintentional. Anyone in P knows he doesnt need him and so I really hope he does still enter the draft somehow.. UCLA will survive with a walk-on.
If he goes in the draft, I'm OK with that. Even if WIS takes him away, I won't flip out like some people (but I sure would ask WIS to close the loophole quickly so that nobody else would benefit either as I should get equal treatment to others). And nobody questioned OldResorter about using Nenad Zdon for 2 seasons until he went EE for the second time in Wooden.
Ugh. Now you just went "wizard" by pointing out someone else doing the same thing and getting a pass.
11/14/2017 1:42 PM
If your next post is "It's no different than using slowdown offense and -5 defense"..............
11/14/2017 1:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/14/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Just my two cents, even if Buddha did not realize Snyder was a cut EE, him being able to have him is still wrong. Still an exploited glitch whether intentional or unintentional. Anyone in P knows he doesnt need him and so I really hope he does still enter the draft somehow.. UCLA will survive with a walk-on.
If he goes in the draft, I'm OK with that. Even if WIS takes him away, I won't flip out like some people (but I sure would ask WIS to close the loophole quickly so that nobody else would benefit either as I should get equal treatment to others). And nobody questioned OldResorter about using Nenad Zdon for 2 seasons until he went EE for the second time in Wooden.
Ugh. Now you just went "wizard" by pointing out someone else doing the same thing and getting a pass.
Arrgggghhhhh!
11/14/2017 1:45 PM
Buddha is right here
11/14/2017 1:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/14/2017 1:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thewizard17 on 11/14/2017 12:18:00 PM (view original):
Anyways, I'm out. When I find that a sim game is affecting my quality of life, it's probably time to move on. Thanks for those that have supported me over the years. Later.
LOL. See you tomorrow.
I'll add if you reached a point where this GAME affected your quality of life, you stuck around way too long.

Although, it could be argued that anyone who has 5 hours to hit "redshirt on/redshirt off" in order to win at a sim game doesn't have much of a life to affect.
11/14/2017 1:49 PM
It's not like he just appeared on my roster, I recruited him like anyone else and everyone had the exact same opportunity as I did (for pete sake he was over 2400 miles away from my campus) and I agree, I can survive without him but he would sure help and I wonder if he ended up on someone else's roster, we'd be discussing the exact same thing.
11/14/2017 1:52 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 11/14/2017 1:52:00 PM (view original):
It's not like he just appeared on my roster, I recruited him like anyone else and everyone had the exact same opportunity as I did (for pete sake he was over 2400 miles away from my campus) and I agree, I can survive without him but he would sure help and I wonder if he ended up on someone else's roster, we'd be discussing the exact same thing.
No, we would not. zorzi made a thing of wizard's cheating because they were in conference. wizard made a thing of this because, I assume, you beat him. But that's not really the point. If you think what you did was OK, you don't have to justify it by comparing it to a similar situation. Although, to be fair, it's the same thing. wizard was comparing using O/D settings to the same thing he did.
11/14/2017 1:56 PM
What buddha did was legal. Jeez. He had to sign him...

What's crazy was the team who had a guy transfer the signed him again.
11/14/2017 1:59 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 11/14/2017 1:59:00 PM (view original):

Who dat?
11/14/2017 2:06 PM

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Anyone else could have scouted/signed the guy. BUT what if the other user said "I'm gonna cut this guy to see what happens" thus giving another user a heads up on where to look? It's a really gray area where collusion could take place. Should be fixed. Immediately.

And I still don't understand the reason for cutting him unless the hope was to re-sign him. That's sketchy as hell.
11/14/2017 2:14 PM
Yeah, he did reload quite nicely, and this glitch caught me sleeping on my desk while his AD was doing overtime
11/14/2017 2:20 PM
FWIW, I sent a ticket on this earlier today, and CS said it’s a bug, and on their list to fix. As to what happens in this particular case, anyone’s guess. The best scenario is that he gets drafted and just disappears, as intended.
11/14/2017 2:21 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 11/14/2017 2:21:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, I sent a ticket on this earlier today, and CS said it’s a bug, and on their list to fix. As to what happens in this particular case, anyone’s guess. The best scenario is that he gets drafted and just disappears, as intended.
Hopefully, it's fixed but we all had a chance to sign him. Anyways, go ACC
11/14/2017 2:24 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/14/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):

Who dat?
I think he's referring to this post, where a recruit left after broken promises but ends up signing with the exact same team he left.
11/14/2017 2:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/14/2017 2:14:00 PM (view original):

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Anyone else could have scouted/signed the guy. BUT what if the other user said "I'm gonna cut this guy to see what happens" thus giving another user a heads up on where to look? It's a really gray area where collusion could take place. Should be fixed. Immediately.

And I still don't understand the reason for cutting him unless the hope was to re-sign him. That's sketchy as hell.
I have to agree with Mike here (feels strange saying that) it needs to be addressed as it can lead to some type of collusive behavior in the existing setup where a team which has an EE and feels they might not be competitive decides to cut an EE to help a conference mate and secretly informing them (although he has no control over where said cut EE ends up relocating to, although it would likely be local?).

For example, if UCLA cuts my EEs, I doubt it would hurt my prestige much (how much higher does it really need to be?) so if I ended up getting decimated and no hope to be competitive, I could do it technically.
11/14/2017 2:49 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.