14 game difference? Topic

Oh yah I must have forgot that there are 200 minutes available to give a player.

It means that did the best I could. In my view I made a cold&sweet glass of lemonade using the rotten lemons that you supplied me.
3/15/2018 1:56 PM
It's simple math. 5 players x 40 minutes. 200 minutes. Your two STUDS, combined, got 20 of them.
3/15/2018 1:59 PM
I'm sure there's an obvious answer that I'm not seeing here, but why did you opt to take Mike's team after such a long time off in Rupp if they were such a train wreck?
3/15/2018 2:45 PM
Posted by mbriese on 3/15/2018 2:45:00 PM (view original):
I'm sure there's an obvious answer that I'm not seeing here, but why did you opt to take Mike's team after such a long time off in Rupp if they were such a train wreck?
Yes it is my mistake for taking them over but a lot of people in Smith - Little E and also D1 Rupp kept hyping Lander up as a perennial NT contender after Mike. I know now that none of them really combed through the team but expected Mike to have set the team up with returning players and believed the new recruit additions were studs due to Lander’s (overvalued) class ranking.

I went into Lander blind off of recommendations and it wasn’t until the 1st or 2nd exhibition game that I realized that I took over an overhyped team that was poorly managed for the future. Since that moment , I have been in rebuild mode and Lander is getting back up to where it should potentially be. I have to say it wasn’t easy.
3/15/2018 3:25 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 3/15/2018 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mbriese on 3/15/2018 2:45:00 PM (view original):
Yes it is my mistake for taking them over but a lot of people in Smith - Little E and also D1 Rupp kept hyping Lander up as a perennial NT contender after Mike. I know now that none of them really combed through the team but expected Mike to have set the team up with returning players and believed the new recruit additions were studs due to Lander’s (overvalued) class ranking.

I went into Lander blind off of recommendations and it wasn’t until the 1st or 2nd exhibition game that I realized that I took over an overhyped team that was poorly managed for the future. Since that moment , I have been in rebuild mode and Lander is getting back up to where it should potentially be. I have to say it wasn’t easy.
So...you were trying to cherrypick a good team, did no research, and ended up with a situation that wasn't as ready-built as you anticipated.

You poor thing.
3/15/2018 4:32 PM
Cherrypick for an easy in into Rupp D1 so I can compete in the tournaments and all the other fun stuff that happens there.

Its fine having to rebuild and I’m not complaining. it’s just that Mike constantly is saying that the squad is the best thing known to man when it is clearly not true!
3/15/2018 4:43 PM
No, just a ready-made contender that you butchered. The returning players are getting 90% of the minutes. You simply had no clue how to use the players. As I said before, I think you learned last season. Good for you!
3/15/2018 6:23 PM
Truth is, when I asked "Why aren't you playing Neihoff?" and your response was "Oh, I just noticed he was on the roster" 3-4 games in, I knew you were overmatched. There are 12 guys on a roster and you missed one of the best. Duh-huh.
3/15/2018 6:45 PM
Buy a team then you can post in my threads.
3/15/2018 9:05 PM
Why do you all continue to fall into this troll mikes trap he's a douche who loves to argue
3/15/2018 10:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2018 6:23:00 PM (view original):
No, just a ready-made contender that you butchered. The returning players are getting 90% of the minutes. You simply had no clue how to use the players. As I said before, I think you learned last season. Good for you!
You're delusional. I bet you think strippers actually like you too.
3/16/2018 8:24 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/16/2018 8:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2018 6:23:00 PM (view original):
You're delusional. I bet you think strippers actually like you too.
Of course they do.

Did you look at the "improvements" of the 4 players I said would have been my scorers LAST season? Go ahead and take a look or take my word for it. 3 of 4 had virtually no improvement. zags f'd that team up. He didn't "see" Neihoff until game 3 or 4. He played a PF with something like 40/40 ATH/SPD at PG in man D. His distribution was all over the place. He was starting one guy because "he'll be good next year!"

Would the team have made the Final Four? No. But 18-20 wins and a tourney appearance were within reach.
3/16/2018 8:30 AM
Okay Mike.
3/16/2018 8:35 AM
Let's put it this way. I wanted 1 of 14 specific jobs. I didn't know if I'd qualify for any of them or get my dream job of UNC-A. So I built a team I felt could make the tourney. I might know a little more about Lander than you. I suspect I followed them more last season than you. So there is that.

And congrats to coachhall for getting Stony Brook it's first NT win in it's history.
3/16/2018 8:55 AM
Okay Mike.
3/16/2018 9:13 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
14 game difference? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.