FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Posted by swampdragonz on 2/24/2020 1:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 2U23L on 2/22/2020 9:25:00 PM (view original):
So it wasn't enough that i played shorthanded the entire game. Now your telling me, my opponent was parading around a 79 yr old geriatric goal scoring phenom ? That is very hurtful.
Arley passed 1500 league goals this season

Arley loos good for 79 years old.
2/24/2020 7:33 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 2/24/2020 7:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swampdragonz on 2/24/2020 1:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 2U23L on 2/22/2020 9:25:00 PM (view original):
So it wasn't enough that i played shorthanded the entire game. Now your telling me, my opponent was parading around a 79 yr old geriatric goal scoring phenom ? That is very hurtful.
Arley passed 1500 league goals this season

Arley loos good for 79 years old.
Black don't crack!
2/24/2020 9:24 AM
Capital Punishment out of Group E gets the coveted blue highlighting and becomes the first team to clinch a Knockout Round spot with its 2-0 road victory against Hespeler Impact. Whether they actually win the group is yet to be determined

Knockout Round scenarios (Post #8) will begin to be generated in the next couple of days as we pass the 50% mark for completed games in the Group Stage.
2/24/2020 8:44 PM
Only one unscheduled game remains between Rushmore FC (the challenging team) and Kaisertum Österreich Fußball-Club out of Group D.

This morning, Rushmore drew for the sixth time in their last eight Group Stage matches since becoming the FC Dynasty Cup II Champion.
2/25/2020 11:16 AM (edited)
With no games tonight, now is as good a time as any to explain the last-resort tiebreaker - the coin flip.

Hopefully, it never comes to a coin flip. But if it does, I use a website called random.org. If you have some free time, check it out. Mostly, this website caters to professionals or organizations that need high-powered number sequences or probabilities, like sweepstakes or statistical research firms. I use a free service called coin flipper.

When an absolute tie occurs between two teams, I assign the teams either HEADS or TAILS. The team that appears first alphabetically gets assigned HEADS. If the team name is a number (like 244,) the order goes alpha then numeric. That means, 244 will be TAILS in any coin flip it is involved in. There is no statistical advantage whatsoever to either side of the coin. So, if the crutchanators of soccer is in a tie with Burnaby Hillbillies, Burnaby would be assigned HEADS and the crutchanators TAILS, since B appears alphabetically before T.

I choose a coin (the coin I use makes no difference) and let the program do 10 flips. If the coin flip itself is a tie, I do it again. I’ll then cut and paste the result, along with the timestamp, in the forums. It will look like this:

You flipped 10 coins of type Austrian 1 Schilling:

Timestamp: 2020-02-26 01:30:35 UTC

The Edelweiss flower is HEADS, which wins 6-4...meaning Burnaby would have won this ficticious tiebreaker.

If we get to the possibility of a coin flip tiebreaker...and FCD Cup III had the final Knockout Round spot six minutes away from a coin flip before an 84th minute goal in the last Group Stage game clinched it...I'll give everyone plenty of heads-up. (yes, that was an intentional pun)
2/25/2020 8:42 PM (edited)
The Knockout Round Scenarios (post #8 on the first page) has now been updated and will continue to be until the Group Stage ends. It is a very unscientific guess at this point. It'll become more accurate, and more specific, as more results are posted.
2/26/2020 10:31 AM
black mambas and defending champs Aurea Cruce Aquilonis both grab playoff spots, as the cream of FCD Cup IV begins to rise to the top of the standings.
2/26/2020 9:05 PM
Good stuff today. In Group F, Swamp City Dragons topped the standings in the morning with a road win against group leader North Polar Dragons FC...and then surrendered it right back hours later when North Polar won the return match-up and regained control.

9 out of the 16 Knockout Round spots have now been claimed, with a 10th all but done. There are two more days of widespread action and then single matches on March 1st and 2nd...both of which will impact the next round's seeding.
2/27/2020 9:05 PM
There are only three games left in the Group Stage with two Knockout Round spots up for grabs. Here's the low-down.

Group D - Burnaby Hillbillies, which has already clinched a spot, wins the group if it beats the crutchanators of soccer. Rushmore FC wins the group if it beats Kaisertum Österreich Fußball-Club and Burnaby loses OR if it ties and Burnaby loses by 4+ goals. Rushmore clinches a playoff spot with a tie, regardless of what Burnaby does. crutchanators need a win...a tie eliminates them. They could still win the group. There is the possibility of a three-way tie at 9 points. In that case, all three advance.

Group G - The game between Metropolitan Screaming Eagles and Osztrák-Magyar Monarchia Foci Klub is for seeding only. The Shield of the Cow is locked in at 8 points. It grabs the final playoff spot and the 16th seed if the crutchanators out of Group D either tie or lose OR if Rushmore loses.
2/29/2020 2:20 PM
the crutchanators of soccer take care of some road business with a 3-1 win against Burnaby Hillbillies and punch their ticket.

Now, its down to Rushmore FC, who needs a win or a tie. A Rushmore loss sends The Shield of the Cow to the playoffs.
2/29/2020 8:37 PM
The Metropolitan Screaming Eagles win Group G in the penultimate game of the Group Stage, clearing the way for tomorrow's finale.
3/1/2020 8:45 AM
Rushmore FC, the FC Dynasty Cup II Champion, beats Kaisertum Österreich Fußball-Club 3-0 in the final Group Stage game to not only secure a Knockout Round spot but to take Group D, sending The Shield of the Cow and all-time L'Orteil D'or goal scorer Francisco Paraquez home.

I'm going to take the day off and then finalize the Group Stage standings to make sure there are no errors. I'll go over the details of the 1st Round tomorrow and fill in the match-ups.
3/2/2020 8:54 AM
Exciting conclusion to the Group Stage! Thanks gomiami!
3/2/2020 11:15 AM
I have verified the Group Stage results and everything seems to be in order.

The First Round of the Knockout Stage is now set and scheduling can begin. The time frame for the First Round is March 5th through March 12th (you can start scheduling now.). That may seem like a lot of time to schedule two games but it allows for tiebreaker games to be played, if necessary. For those of you who have not played in a FCD Cup tournament before, the Knockout Rounds are a home and away set that use aggregate goals, with away goals as the first tiebreaker. If there is an absolute tie between the two teams (say both games are 0-0 draws,) there is the option for an additional game to be played rather than both teams sitting around and hoping to win a coin flip. The higher seed has the option to host (send the challenge to) the lower seed...and the game will count as long as that game is scheduled within the time frame. Again, it is optional. If no game is scheduled, random.org takes over.

The Quarterfinals will begin two days after the First Round ends...so if all First Round contests are decided quickly, we won't just wait until the 12th for no reason. Below each match-up, I'll post the dates of each game as they get scheduled so that everyone can see when the matches will occur. Good luck, everyone.
3/3/2020 9:34 AM
When do we begin scheduling the first round of knockout stage? Also is this a home and away format or one and done?
3/3/2020 9:35 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...11 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.