Midge52 rosters and commentary Topic

steelers, I think you said what needed to be said about my squad. And I'll gladly take the low expectations. The last couple times I was pegged to contend I did pretty lousy so, y'know...

Jokic's positives are so ridiculously high I don't worry about a 2-3% effectiveness ding. That's never stopped McHale from being played routinely out of position at SF in this league. I wanted Ginobili for his dreb% from the backcourt, his 3s and his FTAs. All that said, my guys are going to be running up into the stands to find extra people to foul.

And in the final analysis, as a forever Nuggets homer I just wanted to play with building around my boy Jokic. Let the shenanigans commence!
10/26/2023 12:56 PM
isnt Jokic 100% at PF?
10/26/2023 1:20 PM
5) seapilots – DeAndre Jordan, Paul George, Nikola Vucevic, Oscar Robertson, Richaun Holmes, George Hill, Chris Andersen: DJ at 5 is obviously a major reach but I don’t think it hurt you to much. Maybe Gobert if you really wanted that player type. Jordan, George, Oscar and Anderson. That’s a lot of 80+ defense minutes. Fouls will probably be a problem for this team. I’ve always loved Vuce’s low TOV numbers but have never had the chance to use him. He pairs very well with Jordan and Holmes since they can cover his defense and Oreb ineffincies. There’s something about George that just leaves me wanting more. Solid rebounding, 3s, Fts, defense, even a decent assist and good TOV. It might just be is 52.9 efg on 29 usage. I wonder if Oscar should be considered undreated at this point. His tov is a little high sure but 55 efg, great rebounding for a guard and he has a boat load of fts. Rebounding is going to be a major advantage, efg is 56.5. This is a good team I’ll say O/U 47.5 fringe title contender.
6) copernicus – Giannis Antetonkounmpo, Kyrie Irving, Jason Kidd, Alonzo Mourning, Jerry Lucas, Kyle Lowry, Wendell Carter: gotta love Giannis, he’s a sim stat sheet stuffer even in low minutes. IMO should be the 4th pick so a bit of a steal. Kyrie I think Is a great pairing for Giannis hes got the per% to go with Giannis high usage paint play. I’ll be honest I don’t love the kidd pick I feel you could’ve found a high rebounding low tov SG. But with that said that’s a whole lot of assists which could boost your efg. I’m a big Mourning fan 55efg plus 100 D. Even with Giannis Mourning will give you a little extra paint scoring which is important with 800 3s. Lucas seemed like a steal for your 5th pick. I think he does a good job improving your rebounding where mourning hurt it. Lowry seems like a really good pick for Kyrie’s backup. Overall should be a strong defense. Rebounding imo is on the low side because of kidd and mourning. Fouls will be high, 56.5 efg(but great assists) I'll go 45.5 O/U.
7) ty84moss – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Tim Duncan, Shawn Marion, Brent Barry, Nicolas Batum, Josh Hart, DeMarcus Cousins: First I want to hand out some appreciation to you picking 01-02 Duncan. EFG is low but when I had Duncan in Savage a couple seasons ago this was by far the best version. He almost lead the league in fts made. With that said I'm also disappointed with the KAJ season you picked. He has a season with 100 D a higher dreb and strong efg but lower usage. Your 3s seem a little light especially after starting with 2 bigs.The matrix is a fun pick, His defense is an 89 but his high stl%, blk% and lowish fp48 make it feel closer to 100. I actually like Barry as well, his TOV his higher than you’d like but if he’s at pg that may not be such a big issue. Batum, Iggy and Hart I think do a decent job at guard and cousins is a good high usage big backup. Overall seems like very shaky rebounding, average tov, mediocre assists, low fouls, 56.4 efg and no ft shooting outside of your bigs. I’m just not sure this team has enough to win many games ill go 37.5 O/U.
8) berkelon – Shaquille O’Neal, Bill Walton, Donovan Mitchell, Mookie Blaylock, Jarrett Allen, Onyeku Okongwu, Kenneth Faried: Shaq will always be a great start 57.4 efg and 9.9 tov on 31.2 usage. Can’t get much more efficient than that(other than making his fts). Walton I’ve never used before so I had to take a look into his stats. 93 defense will help fill out a strong front court. Efg is low and his ft% could be better but otherwise very solid. Great rebounding and solid assists. He'll never be my guy but I get it. Mitchell was a fantastic pick next to shaq. If Kyrie is the best guard to pair with a big at the end of the secon di think Mitchell is a close second. 57 efg, great fts, and solid tov. Robusk said once that he hated Blaylock and though nobody should pick him but I don’t fully understand why. Although I will say I’m anti the version you picked. You’re losing 2 efg and gaining tov for slightly more assists and supposedly better D. I’m a big fan of all 3 of your lower usage high efg bigs. Overall defense I think should be good but its pretty up and down. Rebounding should be above average, assists will be solid. 56.6 efg alhtough I do wish you had maybe a couple more 3s next to shaq but it should be fine. I go 44.5 O/U though I feel you could be way above or below that number
10/26/2023 1:45 PM
Posted by copernicus on 10/26/2023 1:20:00 PM (view original):
isnt Jokic 100% at PF?
the season LTB picked was 98%
10/26/2023 1:46 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 10/26/2023 12:56:00 PM (view original):
steelers, I think you said what needed to be said about my squad. And I'll gladly take the low expectations. The last couple times I was pegged to contend I did pretty lousy so, y'know...

Jokic's positives are so ridiculously high I don't worry about a 2-3% effectiveness ding. That's never stopped McHale from being played routinely out of position at SF in this league. I wanted Ginobili for his dreb% from the backcourt, his 3s and his FTAs. All that said, my guys are going to be running up into the stands to find extra people to foul.

And in the final analysis, as a forever Nuggets homer I just wanted to play with building around my boy Jokic. Let the shenanigans commence!
Jokic has so much going for him but I just feel like his bad Defense and high TOV% make it difficult to build around him. obviously not impossible and I'm sure someone will eventually win a title with him. why do you prefer 22 vs 23 for him?
10/26/2023 1:48 PM
Considering 5 teams have an efg of 56.4 to 56.6 I would guess this is the new average. I wish I could weight everyone’s numbers to actually see but that would take me hours then to actually do every team.
10/26/2023 1:51 PM
Kidd at 15 dreb for PG is maybe a typo as weak on rebounding? the whole Kidd take seems kind of off - you said high board low usage good D SG - OK I will play him at SG and he can add 30 asg to boot? I guess
10/26/2023 2:41 PM (edited)
Great stuff so far, keep 'em coming. I would also like to mention that beloud told me he wouldn't be playing this season before he won the league, so the evals had nothing to do with it. Good joke though.
10/26/2023 2:29 PM
YES! great stuff!
10/26/2023 2:37 PM
Posted by copernicus on 10/26/2023 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Kidd at 15 dreb for PG is maybe a typo as weak on rebounding?
My issue more is kyrie and kidd together as a rebounding backcourt not necessarily that kidd is a bad rebounder although I wish his oreb was better
10/26/2023 2:40 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 10/26/2023 2:40:00 PM (view original):
My issue more is kyrie and kidd together as a rebounding backcourt not necessarily that kidd is a bad rebounder although I wish his oreb was better
yeah Orb is def a concern w this squad for sure, but isn't 27 Drb from your backcourt kind of stout?
10/26/2023 2:42 PM
Posted by copernicus on 10/26/2023 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by steelers821 on 10/26/2023 2:40:00 PM (view original):
yeah Orb is def a concern w this squad for sure, but isn't 27 Drb from your backcourt kind of stout?
I use to think so but I’m starting to feel that’s closer to a minimum. 4-5 oreb that those two get definitely is low.
10/26/2023 2:47 PM

9) gerryred – Michael Jordan, Bam Adebayo, Nick Claxton, Derrick Favors, Otto Porter, Jr., Jakob Poeltl, Marvin Williams: Love jordan he’s one of my favorites and I'd pick him over some of the bigs above him witht htat said 90>89 for the tov and 3s. Bam is another guy I've never used. His efg is great and his assists make it so you can play jordan at Pg. Claxton along with Kessler is another high efg low usage guy. I ‘m not quite as high on him but overall a very solid pick. (bam and Nick are really light on oreb). I love that version of favors and porter. Both I think were great picks that would go well on any team but especially yours. Poeltl also seems to have some exciting advance numbers. I’m not a marvin williams fan an I assume he’ll be starting at sf. His stats are great but the times I’ve used him he was way down statistically so I may be biased. Oreb is poor, dreb is solid, assists are in a good place, tov should be lower but I think the wrong Jordan makes it more average, defense should be a strength, low 3s, 58.2 efg. I mostly like this team 46.5 O/U but the lack of 3s may halt playoff success.

10) samuelyork93 – Dennis Rodman, Jayson Tatum, Scottie Pippen, Evan Mobley, Joakim Noah, Mike Conley, Pau Gasol: Rodman I really don’t think is worthy of the 10th pick. I just feel that there are to many good SFs and you’re losing late round value by taking one in the first. With that said I'm sure it great building around a SF that has 17 oreb and 31 dreb. Tatum if hes at PG which I hope he is, is a nice double down on rebounding. I really like Pippen but I’m not a fan of the season you chose. He’s got a season with higher efg, lower usage, more 3s and lower turnovers. Mobley and Pau I think were good picks just to get your efg back on the right track. Defense is good, just another solid 23 big man season from Mobley. That 13-14 Noah season is so fun. I really would like it on most teams but I'm not so suer how about his efg going with your already lacking team. Conley I think is a fine backup PG but I assume hes going to be taking some minutes away from tatum there. Overall best rebounding numbers I’ve seen through 10 teams by far, your assists should be good with Conley and Noah, your defense look scary with a whole lot of 90+ def mins. 3s are on the low end but 587 I think is ok personally. 54 efg is the lowest so far. I'll go 46.5 O/U defense and rebound carry you to a solid season.
11) ysw128 – Kevin Durant, Julius Erving, Christian Wood, Tree Rollins, Kris Humphries, Steve Nash, Joel Przybilla: Durant I've always felt underperforms a little at SG (probably because he’s98%) so I think pairing him and Erving was really good. They do a good job of masking the issues the other has. Erving doesn’t shoot and dreb could be better while durant has low oreb. Wood is really good and I feel getting him in the mid 3rd is a major steal. He should be getting picked at the turn. Tree is the best at Defense, Rebound and fouling. Humphries and Przy make an interesting rebounding pair even if they're pretty mediocre otherwise. I think Nash has rightfully fallen in the draft because he Overall we have an immediate contender to Sam’s best dreb team. Oreb could be better, assists may be in the 70s, tov seems to only be a little high despite Nash, 3s are low but fine imo, 57efg, despite Tree your fouls are also only a little high. Your defense should be decent too, just make sure someone is covering Nash. O/U 45.5.
12) jackedjamie – Rudy Gobert, Jrue Holiday, Jonas Valanciunas, Zach LaVine, Jarred Vanderbilt, Enes Kanter, Andrew Bynum: I think Gobert is a really good pick imo better than DJ and I'd personally take him over durant and Rodman. I always like holiday great efg and great defense, he’s a little low on assists to be your only source but you should be fine. Jonas next to Gobert seems like a great front court pairing. Lavine and Holiday is an interesting backcourt. Efg will be high but Tov and assists will both below average. One of Vanderbilts +’s is he can play SG but I'm not sure if that’s happening after seeing you roster with Tyus and Brogdon as well. Kanter and Bynum seem like natural backups to your front court not a lot to complain about there. Your usage especially when Lavine is off seems very low. I know we talked about this before and you don’t care about keeping it above 100 but I wonder if this will hurt with this team. Overall rebounding should be good although not a strong as it could’ve been, assists will be wayyy on the low side, defense also isn’t great despite haivng Gobert and Holiday. 58.6 efg. Fouls seem a bit high. Idon’t hate this team but I do think it has flaws that will keep it out of the playoffs. 38.5 O/U.

10/26/2023 4:45 PM
thats it for today i'll try and do the other 12 tomorrow. hope everyone enjoys.
10/26/2023 4:45 PM
Posted by steelers821 on 10/26/2023 4:45:00 PM (view original):
thats it for today i'll try and do the other 12 tomorrow. hope everyone enjoys.
Appreciate you doing these
10/26/2023 8:25 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Midge52 rosters and commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.