Post your Baseball photographs here! Topic

This is a link to some great baseball pictures
5/14/2008 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By ooooohdoggie on 11/11/2006

1951 Spring Training Shoot in Pasadena, California. Marilyn Monroe and some White Sox.

Marilyn had done a few publicity photos with Gus Zernial, a power-hitting outfielder for the Philadelphia Athletics. A few days later, the retired DiMaggio played in an exhibition game against Zernial. The outfielder said that the Yankee Clipper had seen the shot and teased him, saying, "How come I never get to pose with beautiful girls like that?"

DiMaggio learned through Zernial that press agent Dave Marsh had set up the photo shoot. DiMaggio contacted Marsh and the two stars were set up on a date. Marilyn showed up late -- two hours late -- and was supposedly cool until joined by actor Mickey Rooney, who spotted the couple across the room. Rooney, a baseball fan, began regaling DiMaggio’s exploits. Rooney’s fawning is said to have piqued Marilyn’s interest.

2/18/2013 7:16 PM (edited)
Quote: Originally Posted By ooooohdoggie on 4/08/2006

Roseboro in a guest spot on " Mr. Ed " With Marichal and Koufax.

5/18/2008 4:40 PM

Quote: Originally Posted By shysters3 on 5/21/2008

'63 is a great year in my memory as well. I had just graduated from college and my Cardinals had a September hot streak that got them within a game of the Dodgers.

The Dodgers came into St. Louis with Podres, Koufax and Drysdale ready to pitch the Series. A friend and I got tickets to the first game with seats out in the old right field pavilion of Sportsmans Park.

Stan the Man hit a home run #475 (his last) right over our heads, but the the Dodgers eked out a victory and the bubble burst. Stan retired at the end of the season a few days later.

5/21/2008 1:53 PM
This is cool...until the SI jinx sets in.

5/21/2008 7:08 PM

Two of the closest MVP races in history came in consecutive seasons and involved the same pair of Yankees teammates -- Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris. Although he hit 40 homers in '60 and 54 in '61, Mantle came in second behind Maris both times, losing by three points in '60 and four points in '61, when Maris hit 61 home runs, breaking Babe Ruth's single-season record.

MLB s Closest MVP Races

11/21/2008 2:28 AM
11/27/2008 1:03 PM
the above picture was taken on Jan. 11, 1953 at around 10am EST. I was born that day in LA at 7 am PST.

wow

notice the surfer mural behind them....that's the "DUKE" on Wakiki...before development...

Bavasi, Reese, Robinson, Campy...what a team
11/27/2008 1:06 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
12/2/2008 9:47 PM

Mickey Mantle Nolan Ryan

photos from George Brace Photo Website ... the George Brace online photo collection. If you are a big fan of old time baseball then it is almost a guarantee that you have seen a photo that was shot by the late George Brace.

George Brace began his sports photograph collection in 1929 and he continued taking both posed and candid photographs of famous sports figures thru the 1993 Season.

If a player came to Chicago during 1929 - 1993, they were captured on film. We have hundreds of thousands of original large format negatives depicting more than 10,000 players, which includes Hall of Famers as well as obscure players.

The George Brace Collection includes group shots, minor leagues, shots with family and fans, Chicago team groups, or events at the parks, Wrigley and Comiskey Park.....

1/20/2009 6:49 AM

1/20/2009 6:53 AM

1/20/2009 6:54 AM

1/20/2009 6:55 AM

2/27/2009 12:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23|24 Next ▸
Post your Baseball photographs here! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.