Dynasty rankings, DIII Topic

rediculous.

so then explain why you dont win as many NT games? becuase you get screwed on your seeding all the time?

anyways,, my mind is set, and yes, i assumed you would keep playing until you break the records, regardless of the fact that you would have played more seasons than me.

but the astute observers will note that i reached 1,000 first. and that i did it in fewer games. and that my winning percentage was higher. and that I won more NT games. and that i didnt miss the NT all the time like you did (;-)

are you also going to keep playing until you make 35 straight NT appearances? good luck on that one.

(I will grant you that you won more NTs... and that will haunt me until the day i die.)

and maybe folks will look really closely and notice that Oneonta owned Washingstink in head to head matchups. anyone remember season 015? I do.

and if people dont notice this stuff.... i guess i'll have to come back every few months and remind them.

of course, you do have a deadline.... 2012 is looming.....
12/18/2009 12:16 PM
oh, and lets not forget the NCOY voters.... they seem to know whats going on.
12/18/2009 12:18 PM
oldavey, your winning percentage might be higher but don't pretend its because you're better than me. The SUNYAC (aka SUNSCUM) has always been far inferior to Upstate. Part of your NT sucess is because you win more games in a weak conference. Overall we are very even but you haven't even obtained the overall success that I have obtained. Good luck in retirement knowing you were 2nd best.
12/19/2009 2:26 AM
if you ever want to truly beat me you can challenge me to a wooden conference that i'll likely join after i win another championship with washington.
12/19/2009 2:29 AM
maybe... but i really want to slow down. i guess if HD4.0 delivers on its promise and is a big improvement... maybe. but i think i would more likely want to do a lowlevel D1 rebuild or possibly join the d2 megaworld.

although, i will admit that my unfinished business at rochester will prolly nag at me for the rest of my natural born days, ... so, yeah, i guess i will eventually go back to wooden-upstate to finish what i started.
12/19/2009 5:21 PM
I'm tired of Blackburn being down in the teens. We plan on changing that this season by having a final four appearance
12/22/2009 7:01 PM
thought i would drop more after a 1st round loss. Glad I didn't!
2/4/2010 10:56 PM
How many years does this script run on? I thought I had seen where it was the last four seasons. Even though the rankings don't mean a whole heck of a lot, it's nice to see how your team is doing. I'm having a hard time grasping how I keep dropping in this ranking. If indeed it does cover the last four seasons, I replace a 2nd round National with a sweet 16 this season and yet still dropped another spot. Like I said, it's no big deal because championships are settled on the floor but sure a strange formula that keeps dropping me and especially this season when I was ranked in the top 8 and went to sweet 16 and still fell from 17 to 18.

I do appreciate the efforts to keep it up to date and no big deal but I'm a math freak and statistics always intrigue me, so basically curious as to what the computer is taking into consideration. I know it can have nothing to do with rankings, because I have been top 10 almost every season and if how you finish in the tournament is the biggest weight, not sure how I can drop to a ranking of 18 when I was in the sweet sixteen. I would love to see the script of formula if that is possible just for the satisfaction of seeing what is taken into account. Thanks.
2/13/2010 12:02 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/14/2010 5:01 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
2/14/2010 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By seetheelk on 2/13/2010How many years does this script run on? ...... it's no big deal because championships are settled on the floor but sure a strange formula that keeps dropping me and especially this season when I was ranked in the top 8 and went to sweet 16 and still fell from 17 to 18.

....... I know it can have nothing to do with rankings, because I have been top 10 almost every season and if how you finish in the tournament is the biggest weight, not sure how I can drop to a ranking of 18 when I was in the sweet sixteen. I would love to see the script of formula if that is possible just for the satisfaction of seeing what is taken into account. Thanks

The only consideration is post-season play, based on the past 5 seasons, with the more recent seasons carrying more weight.

You're right, you replaced a 2nd round season with a Sweet 16 so your overall score improved. But, just like RPI, the rankings are relative to all the other teams and some of them did even better than Blackburn. So, while your points increased, your ranking dropped by one spot.
2/14/2010 6:13 PM
2/16/2010 3:13 PM
Three teams below you...Wittenburg, Wesley and Medger Evers passed your Blackburn team. Wesley was in the Final Four and Medger Evers the Elite Eight. Wittenburg lost in the 1st round but got to drop their oldest season , in which they earned 0 points.

On the other hand, you passed two teams that were above you...Eastern and Defiance.

The net result is that you dropped one spot.
2/17/2010 7:49 PM
DYNASTY UPDATE

New to the list are: Marietta, Misericorida, Carthage, N. Central, Franklin and St. Olaf. Congratulations!

Rankings, including last season:

LS

3. 1. Transylvania

1. 2. Lakeland

15. 3. Wittenberg

2. 4. Gwynedd-Mercy

11. 5. Widener

4. 6. Washington (MO)

8. 7. Blackburn

5. 8. Pacific

7. 9. W. New England

12. 10. So. Vermont

6. 11. Elizabethtown

8. 12. SUNY Oneonta

14. 13. Wesley

19. 14. N. Park

28. 15. Rockford

9. 16. Arcadia

27. 17. Chapman

22 18. Elmira

21. 19. Rennsaleur Poly

10. 20. Medger Evers

7. 21. St. Lawrence

23. 22. Eastern

13. 23. Skidmore

43. 24. Waynesburg

20. 25. Rhodes

Almost making the top 25 are:

26. Baldwin-Wallace; 27. Wheaton; 28. So. Maine; 29. Wartburg; 30. Augustana; 31. Adrian; 32. Yeshiva; 33. Bard; 34. Albion; 35. Muhlenberg; 36. Marywood; 37. Louisiana; 38. Guilford; 39. Mary Hardin-Baylor; 40. Westminster (MO);41. Bridgewater; 42. Greenville; 43. Edgwood; 44. Defiance; 45. Neumann; 46. Del. Valley; 47. E. Texas Baptist; 48. Washington & Lee; 49. Marietta; 50. Misericordia; 51. Centre; 52. Carthage; 53. N. Central; 54. Franklin; 55. Alvernia; 56. Westminster (MO); 57. George Fox; 58. Lake Forest; 59. St. Olaf; 60. La Verne; 61. Anna Maria; 62. Ill. Wesleyan; 63. Brooklyn; 64. Cal Tech
3/27/2010 8:49 AM
congrats, Albert!

is this the first time you have nailed down the top spot in the Iba D3 list?

I know you have consistently been near the top but wasnt sure if you had been on top yet.

I also see you made it back to the final4 after taking home the top prize last season, great accomplishment!

thanks for doing the dynasty list all those years, i really enjoyed it. im kinda missing Iba already (cant tell you how many times I checked on Oneonta during the season....prolly 3 times a week)
4/4/2010 10:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...30 Next ▸
Dynasty rankings, DIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.