PLAYERS REVOLT Topic

Stan Musial and Ted Williams at the 1948 All-Star Game at Sportsman's Park. Sepia toned Fuji
Color photograhic print.

5/3/2013 4:41 PM
A better pair perhaps?

5/4/2013 4:16 AM (edited)

Steve Carlton with the St. Louis Cardinals in 1967 World Series. Catcher Tim McCarver horsing around with Carlton before his start.

5/28/2013 5:38 AM (edited)

Rembering Johnny Pesky

Take a look back at the life of "Mr. Red Sox" Johnny Pesky.Rembering Johnny Pesky

Joining the Navy

Wearing their U.S. Navy uniforms, outfielder Ted Williams, left, and shortstop Johnny Pesky watch the action from the dugout between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees at Fenway Park in Boston, Ma. on April 27, 1943. The two former Red Sox players are visiting as U.S. Naval Aviation Cadets.

6/4/2013 7:35 PM (edited)
What would Ozzie Smith say about HoJo's popularity at short?
6/12/2013 1:05 AM
http://metsmerizedonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/robin-williams.jpg?c4e8ae

Recalled posting a Robin Williams image.
8/26/2014 2:48 PM (edited)
Posted by biglenr on 4/20/2006 8:17:00 AM (view original):
Quote: Originally Posted By ooooohdoggie on 4/19/2006
I am sorry you do not enjoy the photos, I was attempting to have fun in a way that was similar to John Paul's opening post in this thread.

Sorry, I'm just a more word oriented than visual person.

And they make the thread slower to read when I'm going through my firewall.
biglenr buys Playboy for the articles.

Yes, this post is eight years too late.
9/10/2014 10:35 AM
Posted by johnpaul0 on 4/18/2006 11:37:00 AM (view original):
COOPERSTOWN, NY (AP) - Major League Baseball Hall of Famers and active players stormed the quaint city of Cooperstown today in protest of recent "ominous, idiotic" trends in Whatifsports Sim League baseball. Angered by the disrespect shown to HOF'ers and all stars in open leagues, many legends took to the streets.
"It's an abomination, plain and simple. Sadie McMahon threw underhand for crissakes, and he gets more innings in one season than I do in fifty," complained Steve Carlton, in a rare moment of outspoken candor with the media. "I'd like to see Al Orth face McCovey in Wrigley a few times, that'd fatten up his stupid hr/9 stat." Hoyt Wilhelm and Rollie Fingers were on hand representing legendary relievers, lamenting "it really bites my *** to see Barry Latman pitching for half the teams. I mean, I know he had a few effective innings in '58, but to be honest, the guy's career can't touch Aaron Sele's jock."
Pitchers are not the only victims. "Ya know, you'd think with all those extra base hits, great defense, and homers I hit, I'd get a shot once and a while," carped HOFer George Brett. Joe Morgan continued "I know Bid McPhee and Ski Mellilo are legendary baseball names, but I had a few good seasons too you know." Legendary outfielders with names like Mays, Musial, Snider, as well as a few active players like Jones, Hunter, Griffey, were on hand to voice their complaints. "Richie Ashburn's friggin' legs are going to fall off. How many seasons can that runt play before he pops a knee," whined Snider, continuing "if I played in that giant cow pasture Shibe with a bunch of flyball pitchers, I'd have some bloody range factor numbers that'd singe your hair. I could cover ground." Torii Hunter could only shake his head "Taylor Douthit, Chet Lemon, bite me."
Attorneys for the HOF'ers are filing complaints in federal court against the programmers of whatifsports. David Boies, lead counsel, summarizes the situation "There are serious issues with the credibility and playability of this sim. If certain irregularities in the sim engine are not addressed, I am afraid we will never be able to know the true credibility of these league results." All parties hope for a speedy return to something resembling reality, where speedy fielders, cavernous ballparks, and pitchers with statistical "illusions" built into their records do not routinely knock off players with proven, sabremetric value.
Attorneys for whatifsports could not be reached for comment.
Refreshing something very old from the Sim Baseball Forums.
6/23/2021 12:23 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
yer back!
6/23/2021 12:35 PM
Welcome back Doggie!
6/23/2021 12:37 PM
Thanks, playing with teams in a Hockey Theme League.
6/23/2021 12:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11
PLAYERS REVOLT Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.