1) Only 21 of the 39 Dynasty programs qualified for the DII tournament this season
2) 5 of the top 10 failed to qualify, although 4 of them are in the PIT.
3) 6 teams will drop from the rankings, to be replaced with 9 new programs.
4) From a tradition standpoint, the West is the easiest region. Only #2 Delta St. and #21 Emporia St are represented, along with newcomers Angelo St. Queens (NY) and Montevallo. Emporia-Montevallo is the top 1st round game.
5) The East is the toughest region. There are 8 Dynasty teams there, including #3 N. Florida and #4 Barry. Newcomer Valdosta is also included.
Games involving Dynasty teams are: N. Florida-Stonehill and So. Indiana-Paine.
6) The South is also tough with 9 Dyasty teams, including newcomers Fairmont St. and Mansfield. #8 W. Washington and #9 So. Illinois-Edwardsville are the top draws. The only game between Dynasty teams is So. Illinois Edwardsville vs. Mars Hill
7) The Midwest has 6 Dynasty teams, including newcomers SW Oklahoma and Dominican. Only one, #12 Edinboro, is in the Top 25. None of them meet in the opening round.
8) There are 9 Dynasty teams in the PIT, including newcomer Queens (NY). This is a high number; often there are only 2 or 3. Four of them, including #1 Dynasty team Belmont-Abbey and #6 LeMoyne, are in the same region.