This update was driven primarily from your suggestions. The central focus was improving the coach hiring process, the Free Agent Report page, and the playoff format for the first and second rounds.
Coach Hiring Improvements:
- Retired players can now become Coaches! The subset of retired players who do become coaches will seek Rookie Level jobs.
- If a coach's demanded role and level has filled he will now adjust his demands.
- The number of vacancies at a specific role/level combination will now be displayed in the coaching matrix. This should give owners a good idea of what roles and levels will require a bidding war.
- The number of offers per level/role combination has been restricted to three. This was done to deter other owners from negotiating with several coaches at once to get other owners to drop out of the negotiations or to significantly raise the coach's demands.
- Coaches who are asking for a level or role change will now entertain offers at the same level/role that they coached at the previous season for a significant pay increase
- The Playoff format for the Division Play In Series and the Division Championship Series has been changed to a 2-2-1 format
- Minor League Free Agent demands now coincide with the player's highest level of play achieved
- The Free Agent Report page will not load any data initially so that owner's can set their criteria before having to load a large subset of data
- All arbitration players at the ML level can now be released without regard to the minimum roster requirement.
- If you have put a player on reversible waivers it will now show up in the pending moves display
- Lopsided contracts that are submitted to International Prospects and Free Agents will now throw an exception directly on the negotiations page
- The player gamelog will now display past month results in addition to the past week
- You can now initiate a trade chat from the trade proposals screen
- The sorting issues that some of you reported with the World Content have been fixed
- Filter options for the FAQ have been added along with some additional help for the Rule 5 draft and the Amateur draft
- Expanded +/- opportunities for infielders
- Increased opportunities for runners on 3B trying to score on ground balls meeting certain criteria
- Only winning run will score on game ending ground-rule doubles
- Improved logic for runners advancing on balls hit to outfield where fielder would have to field, pivot and throw across body
- Improved logic for pinch-hitting for pitcher to now take into consideration whether he should be in to earn the win (by pitching at least 5 IP)
- Reduced likelihood of attempting steal of second when runners on 1st and 2nd
- Improved logic for deciding to attempt the hit and run
Our next order of business will be to add an advanced edit rosters mode. We hope you enjoy all of the changes and keep the feedback coming!