Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Why can't I change my SP?

I want to start a different guy, but it is seemingly impossible.

The only thing i can do is "rest" the guy who starts, but then i still can't choose who is starting, and my setup guy is supposed to start.
6/15/2006 2:49 AM
Once a pitcher is scheduled(ball next to his name), it's out of your hands.
6/15/2006 7:34 AM
Does anybody know what happens when you click on "Copy to Clip" that is one of the Boxscore Options at the top of the boxscore ? I tried it and if the boxscore is saved somewhere, I can' find it.
6/15/2006 8:04 AM
i think that means you can link to it in your world's chat by using one of those buttons.
6/15/2006 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tbone391 on 6/15/2006Why can't I change my SP?

I want to start a different guy, but it is seemingly impossible.

The only thing i can do is "rest" the guy who starts, but then i still can't choose who is starting, and my setup guy is supposed to start.
There is another possibility. If your current starter is not #5 or #6, you can make him a tandem starter, drop his pitch count to 5, and have the B starter use a normal pitch count instead of a standard tandem pitch count.

So your guy is Starter #4; make him Tandem 4A and change Starter #5 to Tandem 4B.

The catch is that you can't have numbered starters after tandem starters, so you might have to juggle your rotation before and after this game, but it'll prevent your accidental starter from throwing a ton of pitches, and give you control over who throws the bulk of the pitches that game.
6/15/2006 9:58 AM
This one has me buffaloed : I have a Pitcher--Closer type--that has a velocity rating of 88; a control rating of 80 and yet he is listed (and rated, very well I might add ) for only two pitches: curveball and change up...????
6/15/2006 10:31 AM
I think that means pitches are randomly assigned.
6/15/2006 12:14 PM
Has anyone found pitchers performances to improve when there's a good game-caller behind the plate? I'm guessing that it would, but 6 games into Spring Training, I don't have much hard data. Thanks.
6/15/2006 2:51 PM
What happens if you're over your budget on payroll after Spring Training?
6/15/2006 2:57 PM
What did you do to go over your budget?
6/15/2006 3:47 PM
wasn't me. somebody in my league is @ 8 mil. over his budget. I think he signed FA s
6/15/2006 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By yboys on 6/15/2006Has anyone found pitchers performances to improve when there's a good game-caller behind the plate? I'm guessing that it would, but 6 games into Spring Training, I don't have much hard data. Thanks
With so many other factors affecting performance, I'm not sure it's even possible to reach that conclusion. In theory, though, the answer would be yes.
6/15/2006 4:16 PM
do pitcher settings from spring training roll over to regular season if the pithcer is sent back down to minors?
6/15/2006 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bhbgew on 6/15/2006do pitcher settings from spring training roll over to regular season if the pithcer is sent back down to minors?
I believe pitcher settings do not change no matter when you move a pitcher from one level to another. Whether it's returning them after ST, promoting them, or demoting them, I believe they stay the same.
6/15/2006 5:26 PM
should you put minor leaguers on your 40 man roster prior to spring training or once spring training begins
6/15/2006 6:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.