Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

1. Yes, they do. Most of it has to do with the ratings impacts of how you treat (promote, demote, etc.) them, as well as filing for FA after going to arbitration too many times.

2. Yes, but a good eye seems to affect other things indirectly.

3. A far bit, but what you describe is above average, imho.

PS: You can often get a quicker response with a new thread, or replying to one of the "live" ones below. This is mostly here for a reference.
3/18/2009 1:55 PM
How much emphasis do you guys place on advanced scouting in your budget? I've read some of the spotlight interviews WIS does and a lot of the "elite" players tank it in the budget. Also, just what good is a bench coach? He's usually the 2nd or 3rd highest paid coach and seems to only have an effect if the manager gets ejected during a game, which never happens to me because I keep my argumentitive setting low. Also, does keeping this setting low have any sway on the actual game?
6/13/2009 7:55 AM
By the way, keep this pinned. I come back seldom but when I do it's easy to just read the threads in reverse order until you "catch up" to what you've already gone over.
6/13/2009 7:57 AM
You'll get varied answers on ADV scouting. I zero it out. Many good owners go 20m.

The bench coach effects development of players in all aspects.

No idea what good/bad the argumentative setting does. I change mine around when I hit a rough patch for the hell of it.
6/13/2009 8:40 AM
Would a low advanced scouting budget have any effect on FA's numbers if you're shopping in the pre-season?
6/13/2009 11:41 AM
The numbers of FAs or the ratings? Numbers, no... projected ratings, only for those under 27, which would be few (assuming you meant ML FAs). A higher advanced scouting budget is only about having generally accurate projected ratings. Many of us start there, then realize .. WTF does it matter? Seems to me it matters mostly if you tend to trade a lot, involving prospects.

As for coach information, read the FAQ and the Help stuff. I review it all every so often, and there's always stuff I've forgotten.
6/16/2009 8:41 AM
We need the capability of firing a coach during a season that would make it more realistic. Also maybe promoting another coach to that position
6/17/2009 2:52 PM
How do you make an atractive offer to minor leaguers. If you can't give them a bonus, how do you convince them to sign with you?

7/12/2009 11:07 PM
bump
10/26/2009 4:33 PM
You can improve an offer to a minor league FA by offering him MILB w/STI contract.
10/27/2009 10:56 PM
this thread should be killed. Alot of it is irrelevant.
6/25/2010 8:43 PM
I agree  :)
8/2/2011 8:17 PM
Posted by m0unt187 on 7/30/2008 1:37:00 AM (view original):
csherwood's "How to Rebuild a Disaster" has some really good insight in it as well.
I can't find it... link?
8/14/2011 2:37 AM
Posted by peanutjets on 8/14/2011 2:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by m0unt187 on 7/30/2008 1:37:00 AM (view original):
csherwood's "How to Rebuild a Disaster" has some really good insight in it as well.
I can't find it... link?
I think this is it:

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=152203&page=1
12/18/2013 4:52 PM
I can't seem to find the answer and how it relates to my current situation.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6159737

Not sure how every can read on Rocco, but I'm trying to decide when to offer him the long term contract. He was arb eligible for the first time last season I believe as he has ML years of 4. Do I extend him now because he will get mad if I wait until next year. Or can I wait until next year and give him his big deal.

Thanks!
9/7/2015 4:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...41|42|43
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.