Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Question....in a stupid move, I have added a bunch of crappy Minor Leaguers to the 40 man roster (just to see what happens, etc). I now want to take them off the 40. I try to put them on waivers and I get this message:
This player still has option years remaining. There is no need to waive this player.

You are attempting to place this player on waivers. There are two kinds of waivers.

Procedural Waivers: You want to be able to move the player from the 40-man roster so that he can be sent to the minor leagues. If a player is claimed by another team, the new team is responsible for his entire salary.

Reversible Waivers: Only available after the trading deadline. After the trading deadline, in order to trade a player you must place him on waivers. If a player is claimed after this date, you may revoke the his waiver status and keep him on your team, but you may not trade him. If the player goes unclaimed, you may trade this player.

The auto-revoke option is only available after the trading deadline. This is the only time you will be given the option to revoke waiving a player. If you do not auto-revoke and the player is claimed by another team, you will lose that player permenantly.

I then try to waive them (they really suck), but the OK button is not highlighted. Is this a bug? Or am I just missing something?
6/13/2006 12:32 PM
if they have options you do not need to waive them.
either demote them, or release them.
6/13/2006 12:39 PM
I have them in Rookie ball....If I release them, I eat the salary, I just want them off the 40-man
6/13/2006 12:41 PM
Question :
What can I expect from a pitcher with :
Durability : 80
Health : 63
Stamina : 10
Thanks.
6/13/2006 1:19 PM
a reliever that can pitch in a good percentage of games for a short amount of time.
6/13/2006 1:21 PM
How short, 1 inning ?
6/13/2006 1:23 PM
Yep, 1 inning. He is gonna be a setup or closer.
6/13/2006 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by will_prosper on 6/13/2006When you negotiate an offer with an FA, at the top of the screen it shows your player payroll budget for the season as well as how much you have already committed to payroll for the current and each upcoming season. Is there another budget screen that shows this data, or do we have to begin a negotiation with someone to see it (and just hit cancel if we're just looking)?
In the World Office, under Finances, the Franchise Payroll Analysis will show you every player's salary by season, broken out by bonus, salary, and adjustments (for pro-rated contracts); however, this only includes players currently under contract, not players to whom you've made an offer.
6/13/2006 2:16 PM
when negotiating with coachs does it show who has the top offer just like it does with free agents? or is it always a guessing game?
6/13/2006 4:50 PM
If you look out to the side of the list there is an icon. Hover the cursor over it and it will tell you. It may say pending which seems to mean you are in a bidding war or it is too fresh to decide. It will say top offer if you are the clear cut current winner
6/13/2006 5:10 PM
There will also be a 1 inside the balloon.
6/13/2006 6:25 PM
dalailama12
I too have had the problem in tying to remove a minor league player from the 40 man roster in World Aaron. I sent a in a ticket.
6/13/2006 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By dalailama12 on 6/13/2006
Question....in a stupid move, I have added a bunch of crappy Minor Leaguers to the 40 man roster (just to see what happens, etc). I now want to take them off the 40. I try to put them on waivers and I get this message:
This player still has option years remaining. There is no need to waive this player.

You are attempting to place this player on waivers. There are two kinds of waivers.

Procedural Waivers: You want to be able to move the player from the 40-man roster so that he can be sent to the minor leagues. If a player is claimed by another team, the new team is responsible for his entire salary.

Reversible Waivers: Only available after the trading deadline. After the trading deadline, in order to trade a player you must place him on waivers. If a player is claimed after this date, you may revoke the his waiver status and keep him on your team, but you may not trade him. If the player goes unclaimed, you may trade this player.

The auto-revoke option is only available after the trading deadline. This is the only time you will be given the option to revoke waiving a player. If you do not auto-revoke and the player is claimed by another team, you will lose that player permenantly.

I then try to waive them (they really suck), but the OK button is not highlighted. Is this a bug? Or am I just missing something?
If you just want to take them off the 40, but still keep them, I believe you need to DFA them (designate for assignment).
6/13/2006 10:38 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/14/2006 3:54 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/14/2006 4:04 AM
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32|33|34...43 Next ▸
Things we’ve learned in Aaron/Ruth Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.